Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: October 11, 2012 11:16PM

From time to time someone posts about their MIL and I think, well, there are actually worse MILs than mine. And I take comfort from that.

My MIL is so sweet--she has such a testimony of the gospel.

Reality is: She is the MIL PBH.

That stands for Psycho Batch from Hill. (Fill in with your imagination.) And, despite years of claiming all her kids need to visit because this is near the end, and claiming so many physical ailments it is a wonder she has survived thus far, she continues to wreak destruction.

That's the least of her offenses. I can't won't) go into more here, but let us say that her abuse of her son(s) has passed on to another generation.

That is all for now. I won't be around for a couple of weeks, but when I get back I hope to found the PBH MIL club. Some of you may want to join. There will be no dues and no registration requirements. Just commiseration.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: specialkay ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 12:33AM

Sounds like we have the same MIL! lol She has a new ailment everyday that keeps her in the bed all day everyday but this doesn't keep her from harassing all her children! Especially the ones who are inactive...

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 12:35AM

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 12:41AM

The church tells women they are failures if their children don't grow up TBM.

That's one of the things that led me out.

I saw women suffering tremendously for nothing. Their kids were perfectly fine. But because of the church they labeled themselves and their children failures. They really believe that.

Posted by: ghost buster ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 12:38AM

Mine is relatively healthy. She is extremely negative though and my children don't like to go to her house. How sad is that? She is nice enough to me, not always so to my wife and children.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 12:59AM

I know my MIL is not the same as yours, only because she's dead. She died 35 years after her first of thousands of "brushes with death." She almost died every time my ex did not go to church! Of course, she blamed me, because I had been briefly married before, and the cult would not grant me a temple divorce. The truth was that my ex found out the church was a hoax, before I did, and it took him about a year to get me to quit and take our children out, too. I got daily phone calls and/or visits from her, telling me that it was the wife's duty to "provoke her husband to righteousness," and I was not fulfilling my duty to keep her son in the cult. My MIL treated her husband like dirt. His career gave him free time, so she had him do all the housework, cooking, laundry, yard work, moving furniture around, etc., because she claimed to be too feeble. She didn't want strangers or "foreigners" in her house. She once made my husband go over and move furniture for her, the day he was home from back surgery. I told her that his doctor said he couldn't lift anything--including the baby--for 6 weeks, but she didn't care. The lifting sent him back to the hospital, and the surgery had to be re-done. This sickly woman could play golf all day long, go to parties, and she never missed a beauty parlor or spa appointment or church meeting. I used to think her illness was a handy excuse to get her out of extra church work, too, yet still be regarded as a faithful Mormon. She was too sick to drive, so her husband was also her chauffeur. Even though she didn't drive, she got a new Mercedes every year, because her husband did. Her husband committed suicide. She outlived him and all the other in-laws by 15 years, because everyone took such good care of her. She got a new driver's license and drove herself around just fine. The Grim Reaper finally overtook her at age 97. I can still hear her screaming at the top of her lungs, "Raaandy! Raaaandy! My haaair! Git my umbrella--noooooowwwww!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2012 01:06AM by forestpal.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.