Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: miamaidpres ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 02:08AM

What I learned in Institute is…

•Play it safe, follow the prophet and you’ll be on God’s side, even if it means surrendering your free agency. It’s not that you’re really surrendering your agency, you’re just working together with God’s will too.

•We feel bad about Black people not being allowed to fully have access to the priesthood, but it was a different time and God probably didn’t think it was the right time. God has accommodated his ultimate plan for the sake of our racist traditions and prejudices. Again only the prophet is inspired by the God, we know the GA’s said some crazy things, but they aren’t God’s mouth piece “but what about what is says in the priesthood manual?” … “Oh there are still some vestiges,” ... “Kimball said it” … Right but the important thing is to always follow the prophet.

•There is no way Gay people are EVER going to get married for all time and eternity in our temples. God’s true gospel never changes! ( um…okay…what happened above then? No we’re just gonna shove that under the table.) We have to protect our families!

•You’re better off physically dead than spiritually dead. And of all the religions in the world only the LDS church can provide true blessings, all other 8 billion people on the planet don’t get full inspiration from the Lord.

•Oh yeah and saying “I’m not a sexist” will absolve you from whatever asinine statement you’re about to say.

On a side note, I’m catching up with the Anointed One’s podcast (I know waaay late to that party) however, I wish I was as well spoken as he is, and I wish he would write a book. Also Citizen I have a concept for that Joseph Smith painting thing (It’s gonna take me a while though cuz of school, but I’m still thinking about it even if you’re probably over it)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dee Lightsum ( )
Date: October 19, 2012 02:49AM

The contradictions really are amazing, aren't they?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.