Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 06:58AM

This is a common question on RfM.

Most common answer is, "Your relatives ratted you out."

Yes, TBMs do inform on exmo loved ones. I'm sure my TBM sister and others have done this to me.

But mormons are likely to find lost sheep with or without this help.

I'm telling the turth.

The morg recruits an army of elderly mishies who work all day every day to hunt down inactives and possibly exmos. These old TBM folks are trained in how to find missing persons. They do call relatives, but they can find any of us with or without that help.

The morg also keeps track of those who move with the help of ward clerks, bishops, and wardmembers. So many who move don't show up on the old-timer mishie lost sheep hunt lists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 07:00AM by Cheryl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rowan ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 08:51AM

Many "Mormons" worked for the FBI and other such organizations. They can find anybody. Just tell them to go away. The only power is if you let them in or let them "get" to you. Don't battle with them, don't converse with them. Use their own tatics on them...shun them.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 09:03AM

It is free. I typed in my name and state, clicked "find" and it instantly displayed my name. Then I clicked on "see full listing" and it displayed my full name, full address, and phone number. And I didn't spend any money.

The Internet has made it easy to find people.

http://www.whitepages.com/

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 09:16AM

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 11:28AM

More likely LexisNexis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 11:29AM by Makurosu.

Posted by: swiper ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 11:20AM

If you haven't gotten "off the grid" it is easy to find you. There are several large databases out there that contains your public records for anyone to access (and is willing to pay for the pleasure). Unless you to get completely "off the grid" and have no car, no phone, no voter registration, no utilities, you can be found.

I have access to a couple of these databases (heavy duty ones) and if I was given your full name and a previously known address it wouldn't take me long to get your current address and phone humber. Heck, I would easily be able to track down your parents, siblings, and that annoying former room mate of yours. I can even see that reckless driving fine you got when you were twenty.

If you get or do anything in your own name (phone, cable, car, etc) you can be found.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 11:23AM by swiper.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 02:54PM

I was a consultant at a law firm. I was charged with tracking down witness and people they had judgements against, but wouldn't pay.

I paid a lot of skip tracers.

Now, I'd just send the morg out to find them. They work faster and find more people. And they would, probably, due it for free to make that 'golden contact'...

The morg chased me half way around the world...

OTH, there was a poster on another board that used his real zip code and occupation as his screen name. Took me about 2 minutes to find out where he lived and who he worked for.

I was cruising old newspapers from my home town and I found the engagement announcement of the girl I should have married - in 1976. Then I found her address and phone number - current.

So I guess it isn't that hard to find people...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 02:57PM by John_Lyle.

Posted by: Aon46 ( )
Date: October 25, 2012 06:20PM

All they have to do is mail you something. They always use a address request return on the mail. The Post office will send back the mail with your new address on it. Also if you own property they can find you. If you live in the US you really don't have any privacy. It's all public records.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.