Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: behindcurtain ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 01:44AM

On youtube, if you type in the keywords sex, religion, Mormon, and Darrel Ray, you will find a man who has studied believer-turned-atheists from nearly every religion in existence. He has found that, contrary to the common idea that Catholics are most guilty about sex, Mormons are actually more guilty about sex than any other religion. This study was done by a dedicated scientist.

This explains a lot. That is just incredible. More than ANY OTHER RELIGION, Mormons are tormented by sex.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2012 02:04AM by behindcurtain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sillysally ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 01:57AM

"The Sex Determinant in Mormon Theology"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z8-PtZKzP8

Awesome study, great video, explains a TON about the roots of Mormonism and problems with sexuality and Mormonism.

Posted by: drdray ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 11:32AM

I am glad you found my research useful. I explore much more in my subsequent book, Sex and God: How Religion Distorts Sexuality (2012). You can download the entire report for free at ipcpress.com.

Posted by: sillysally ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 11:51AM

Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it!

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 04:34PM

Posted by: Zip ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 04:28PM

I learned from my mother that the two most strict parents in our ward were also the most sexually activity when they were young. Both couples had their first child "early" after their marriage.

Could it be that, given the churches early sexual history, it has now become the most sexually shamming church with the most guilt among its members?

Could it be some compensation for for Mormonism's past?

Date: December 24, 2012 08:38PM

Definitely. That makes sense.

Date: December 24, 2012 08:48PM

They break the rules and then make young people suffer agonizing guilt. Hypocrisy to the core, a trademark of Mormonism.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 04:35PM

As a born and raised Catholic, I would agree with that. Catholocism is great at inducing guilt, but IMO comes in behind Mormonism in that regard. It helps that Catholics tend to make up their own minds about things. They will only take so much direction.

Modern Catholics are generally not virginal at marriage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2012 04:36PM by summer.

Posted by: me ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 04:38PM

"It helps that Catholics tend to make up their own minds about things. They will only take so much direction."

I am sure that most cat-herders will agree with that statement.

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 09:16PM

I know plenty of people who call themselves Catholic who wouldn't agree with much of what the Pope says.

However, my Catholic family is pretty strict when it comes to the Pope and his teachings. They have let the thinking be done for them. I don't think any of them were Virgins when they got married.

Even my dad and his second wife co-habitated for over a year waiting on MY parents annulment from the archdiocese before they got married. They were in very close communication with their priest and were never told to not partake of any of the sacraments. Even during the actual marriage ceremony in a Catholic church the Priest mentioned that "this ceremony is only for the congregation for Jim and Karen were married in their hearts a long time ago."

I totally agree that Mormons have the most guilt over sex.

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 09:51PM

It could be intentional, so that Mormons multiply and replenish the Earth. Repress sexuality until it explodes like a volcano. Hell of a mindfuck.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.