Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 09, 2013 02:08AM

Normal Bar is a book backed up by Lots of research....

http://www.amazon.com/Normal-Bar-Surprising-Creating-Relationship/dp/0307951634/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1360393763&sr=1-1&keywords=normal+bar

contributor/co-author Pepper Schwartz is a renowed Sociologist, was(?) a professor at U-dub.

this was on NBC tonite; one of the prominent things they mentioned (repeated?):

SLEEP NUDE, and your marriage will be BETTER;

spontaneous sex & touching is a HUGE factor for marriages; the suggestion (to me, anyway) was this contributes to better communication 'pillow talk'.

Put that in your pipe & Smoke It, ChurchCo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2013 02:13AM by guynoirprivateeye.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: February 09, 2013 02:53AM

I've never been Mormon, but I can't even imagine not sleeping nude (unless it's so penetratingly cold that some clothing is temporarily necessary).

I am a dedicated cuddler (and cuddlee), and I am a huge "touch" person (assuming that I want to touch and be touched by the other person involved).

Without good touch and nightly cuddling, I "die." (I've been married--and divorced--before. I know this to be a fact of life for me.)

Touching and sex are both extremely important (certainly in my own life), and nudity is pretty much an essential for spontaneity and real, deep "connection."

Maybe this isn't true for some other people, but it most certainly is true for me.

Posted by: rqt ( )
Date: February 09, 2013 04:40AM

I can't sleep in the nude. It's physically (not psychologically) uncomfortable. Must wear undies and a t shirt!

Posted by: mysid ( )
Date: February 09, 2013 01:49PM

I loved sleeping in the nude when I was younger and thinner. My current weight and body image make it so I'm happier in PJ's now.

Posted by: mysid ( )
Date: February 09, 2013 07:38AM

This reminds me: A coworker once told me that on her wedding day, her Italian grandma said, "The secret to a happy marriage is never wear underwear to bed."

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: February 09, 2013 08:48AM

Thank you! Another book to go on my reading list! A psychiatrist I worked with gave me this bit of advice on sleeping together a number of years ago.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.