Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slimchance ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 09:04PM

That's an extremely interesting article. Thanks for posting. This phenomenon is what started to help me break through my prejuduced views about gays.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Santa Claus ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 11:41PM

+1

Back in the day I learned the word "hermaphrodite" before they came up with intersex. For many years I've argued with TBMs about why god would create someone intersex, and if he did so, maybe he's responsible for creating homosexuals too. But the 15 are against it. So I'm a gay lover and not worthy, blah, blah, blah.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 09:26PM

Who said it? "Why would god make such people?"

Yet there she is.
I feel for her. She should have been given the chance to choose for her self.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 10:23PM

And who would her bishop decide it was ok for her to have sex with? Like he would know.

Posted by: partymxman ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 10:33PM

I asked two sets of missionaries back in the day. They didn't know.

Most intersex people identify as one gender or the other. What a thing really - to have a choice, (as long as your parents didn't choose for you).

Posted by: sparkyguru ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 10:42PM

It only fits on the shelf

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 11:19PM

A close family member married an intersexed person. They were told that they could never marry in the temple. "God will sort this out in the next life."

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 11:27PM

This was one of those items that bothered me after I was already married to my gay husband. I had been trying to make sense of the whole thing for years by then--gay. This really bothered me. I didn't know about intersexed people until I was in my 20s or 30s. I also typed one for my work who was only 12 years old and they didn't discover she was intersexed until that time when she was involved in a car accident.

But, of course, they wouldn't let an intersexed person be married in the temple. Yep, the person must have CHOSEN to be intersexed and "as long as they don't act on it."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.