Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 12:41PM

Having said that - I completely agree, for the most part anyway. Except I think small churches would be hit badly though, just like small businesses are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 12:47PM

I think all churches should pay their 'fair share' of the costs of Gov't, especially police & fire protection, schools, etc.

I'm not so sure about taxing charitable donations, but I could roll with that.

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 12:58PM

I agree wholeheartedly on this topic. Churches are mostly little businesses and they are getting off with a bundle at tax payer expense.

Someone commented that the countries without separation of church and state had the least religiosity. He thought it was because the state took over the religious teaching and made it so boring people couldn't stand it. But in the USA the state had nothing to do with it, gave them tax free status and the churches did their best to entertain members to the max so as to get more members and more money. And it's been working wonderfully.

Poor LDS, Inc. changed their business model to make themselves boring and tiresome and look what's happening. I predict the younger marketing men climbing the ladder at LDS, Inc. will see the marketing reports and try to change things back to a more entertaining and attractive model. Mark my words. More sports, balls, and parties with less beatings and threatening. Bednar will be the hold out. : )

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 01:16PM

excellent analysis!
+100

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 01:25PM

A good starting point would be the requirement, as other many other countries have, to force the opening of non taxed church financial statements up for public scrutiny.

These churches do use public police/fire protection etc. and I do not want to have to subsidize their industry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.