Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 04:54PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 05:14PM

Haha! The mormon prom thread closed, but I really wanted to say... Thank gawd there weren't enough mormon kids in my area to have mormon prom! Even if you'd combined the whole stake it would have been a pitiful prom.
It seemed that there used to be lots of mormon kids, but by the time I was high school age there was a sort of generation gap going on. Plenty of small kids...

In hindsight, it was probably almost everyone going inactive in their 20s-30s, and some coming back when they had babies thinking it would be "good for the kids".

Also, terribly misguided comment about the kids from the posted album doing their own thing. LOL That was shoved down their throats just like the rest of the indoctrination.

My high school prom was just as meticulously chaperoned, the DJs played music WE all enjoyed, not what our parents wanted to hear. And trust me, London Calling probably wasn't the kids' choice of theme. Hello it was released two years after I was born, I've been out of high school half my life, and the picture album was recent? Not the kids' choice!
Well, okay, I knew the stuffy little imitation grownups that abound in mormonism, so perhaps if they had a hand in it... But not all those kids are the relief society wannabees who like wearing a million layers and prefer their parents' music. No way.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 05:24PM

Mormon proms are a wonderful example of what happens when the internet causes all the sane members to flee.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.