Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mia ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 07:00PM

My husband and I resigned almost two years ago.

Since then we've had more VT's and HT's than we've had in the last 20 years. They want us back. Well, not us, our check book and free labor.

Anyway this one lady was assigned to be my VT. I told her that I was no longer a member and don't want Vt's. She was my neighbor for 10 years and never spoke to me. Now all the sudden she wants to be my friend. Last month she showed up unannounced and uninvited. I was gardening in the back yard. She was there on the pretense that she thinks she may have the same illness that I do. I suggested she go see a Dr. I was very annoyed that she was there.

Last night I noticed her # was on my caller ID. My husband told me that he'd just found out she's the Relief Society President. She never mentioned that to me. As far as i'm concerned she's being a disingenuous,conniving, liar. She's not too bright either. Does she really think that I'll come back to church because she's pretending to be my friend?

I'm hoping she shows up one more time. I'm not going to let her set an appointment. I want her to show up unannounced. I'm going to be very friendly. I'm then going to unload on her about all of the problems I have with the church. I'm not letting her out the door until she hears it all. She's the kind that will want to run, and not tarnish her thoughts with the truth. Since she's so hell bent on being my friend i'm going to tell her everything I would want a friend to know about mormonism. She should be showing up sometime this week or next.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: koriwhoremonger ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 07:03PM

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 07:37PM

Ditto! This should be good. Make sure to block the door so that she has difficulty leaving. And if you have her email, you can send her some follow-up info.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 07:43PM

Youtube.

Let's expose the crazy in the cult.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 07:55PM

Oooh, I can't wait to hear about the fireworks on this one!

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 08:10PM

Sorry, I'm fantasizing.

Mia invites DRSP in. Offers her plate of cookies and punch.

DRSP sits on couch. Mia provides refreshments.

Mia slowly moves to front door. DRSP is busy munching and sipping, all the while prattling on about the lovely weather and what a beautiful home Mia has.

Mia removes skeleton key from front door lock. Twirls, facing DRSP. Mia says "Shut up. Just SHUT UP. NOW! Good. Now YOU are going to listen to ME [as she slides skeleton key into her cleavage]."

DRSP drops her teacup and gulps.

And so it starts...

Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 08:16PM

that would make a good movie

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 08:18PM

I'm gonna need more popcorn.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 08:14PM

Oh, to be a fly on the wall. :-)

Mia, that neighbor will never know what hit her. I can't believe the church is still sending in the troops. You would think that they'd all take a hint. Definitely do a return and report.

Posted by: Joy ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 08:15PM

I love it! Can't wait for your report. So glad you didn't take it personally or get your feelings hurt--like I used to do, before RFM.

Posted by: mandy ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 09:32PM

Yes it is the typical annoying Mormon crap. But in a way you almost have to feel bad for the woman. Here she just got called to be RSP, and now she has this huge burden if guilt
on her shoulders, that if she is just Christ like enough, and tries to offer enough friendship, then of course you will come back to the loving fold. And if you don't come back, in her head it will just be proof that she didn't measure up.

Like I say.... the church messes with your head.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 09:43PM

When I was a church-going person, I hated home teaching. All those people on the rolls who didn't want to be visited. Now if any of them had their names removed (aka resigned), I would have been elated since there was no more paperwork requiring me to visit them. In fact... hasn't there been talk here about church leaders requesting inactives to have their names removed so they won't get unwanted visits?

So, with more than enough to do, it blows my mind that an active mormon would have the time or desire to visit someone who isn't on the records, and in fact, who overtly quit. Doesn't a resigned person need a GA approval to get back in? It's not like you can just show up and everything is back to normal.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 10:17PM

she seems similar to that relief society lady in the movie "Mobsters and Mormons" movie. The woman who was using binoculars spying on her "new" neighbors.

Posted by: Madison 40 ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 10:38PM

You could always turn the hose on her or threaten to call the police. either way, she won't come back after that.

Posted by: jbug ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 10:47PM

You are being a whole lot nicer than *I* would be! I'm still on their membership list, but God help them if they ever come here looking for me!!! They don't even HT my TBM husband in our house...I refuse to let them in the door. They gave up on me YEARS ago. The missionaries made the mistake of dropping by a few years ago...I taught them some new cuss words without even opening the door. They haven't been back since.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 10:58PM

True Friends are willing to intimately communicate with each other. That means honest thought and opinions going both ways.
Not stalking people based on ulterior motives.

I dont think that MORmON hag is going to stand up to the test.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 09:31AM

Mia is the Mother Hornet of the nest.

This lady is gonna git stung...

I'll have to crack a Coors for Part 2

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 09:57AM

Mormons are masters of deception. I used this line one time- Weren't your lips once blessed that you wouldn't speak guile?

Posted by: mia ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 10:00AM

i'm going to use that.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 10:27AM

I would ask is the church going to send you 10% of its income and come over and scrub your toilets? You've given enough.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 11:00AM

Would love to see this!

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 11:56AM

I can't wait to hear how it goes!! :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.