Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wolfsbane ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 09:17AM

So we moved into this new ward last December while I was still mostly TBM. Before our house was even complete the scouts came by one evening DW and I were walking through our house under construction and asked if we would like to sign up for the flags on holidays. So we said yes and paid the fee.

We had the flag for Presidents day no problem. Now that I have resigned and DW no longer attends, the scouts drove right past my house this morning without placing a flag. But we all know that only Mormons can be patriotic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 10:44AM

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 10:54AM

Posted by: Liz ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 11:07AM

I live in a prominantly lds neighborhood and the scouts put a flag along the drivestrips, even if the homeowner hasn't paid or can't afford to pay. Doesn't matter the religious affiliation.

Sad that the scouts skipped your home when you paid to have the service. I'd call and ask where the 'paid for' flag was and if they can put one up.

That might help the scouts in that troop realize that patriotism doesn't being and end with only mormons. A good lesson to learn.

Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 11:08AM

Hopefully it was a mistake and not on purpose. We got our flag and so did our non Mormon neighbors. They missed us 1 time last year and we called and got it a couple of hours later.

Posted by: michaelff (not logged in) ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 11:56AM

of your status.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 12:00PM

Years and years ago, I drove to put up those flags. They give you a map and the houses that have paid for flags, get flags. There were some non-LDS but of course, it was mostly Mormon homes we put flags up on. There were also a number of Mormon houses that put up their own flags, including one Stake High Councilman whose house wasn't highlighted. He and his wife had a flagpole near their porch and didn't pay the scouts for a second one.

In other words, your house should be highlighted on their map as having paid, regardless of your religious affiliation and should get a flag.

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: May 27, 2013 12:05PM

In our community you can have a flag placed by the scouts on your family member's grave if there is a sticker on the grave marker from the American Legion that says he fought in a war. We got the Legion sticker placed on my father's marker but we never get a flag. So, in the end, we place one there ourselves.

I think your scouts are just about as lame as ours with regard to this topic.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.