Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: June 09, 2013 09:36PM

A couple of people on the 'gangstalking' posts, asked if anyone had been stalked by other than the morg.

My first ex-wife joined a cult (cult other than morg) at the end of our marriage and they came after me, mostly for money. Pretty annoying. Most of it was fraud, forging my name on loan applications, etc.

They burglarized my house, backed a truck up to it and cleaned out everything, (including my dirty underwear). They hung out in front of my house, for awhile–I lived on the same cul de sac as a sheriff's deputy and they started harassing his wife and kids, as well as the other neighbors and their kids. The three that did it went to jail.

They tried to steal my car when I was at work, which was kind of stupid, because it was parked behind a fire station. (If they had asked, I would have given it to them.)

They didn't seem real well organized, but they were always there when I was working. As a medic, I associated with a lot of cops, which reduced how close they could get. We were at the fire station one time when they broke in (they broke in and stole things there-from me and others-there all the time); so the 4 guys on the engine company and the two of us on the rescue ambulance dragged them out, convincing them it would be in their best interests not to come there any more and they didn't. A couple of them got arrested and jailed for interfering with rescue personnel when they followed us to fires and accidents.

They were all really skinny, I think they didn't eat very well. They never appeared to have money. They weren't very clever. They seemed kind of confused and always looked sick. If they had confronted me, It would have been ugly-for them.

I guess it was less scary, because of what I did for a living and my close association with law enforcement. I was 24, so I thought I was immortal and so did all my friends, so we weren't afraid to confront them.

They tried again when I went back to UNI. I found out where they lived/met. I started taking pictures of people coming in and out. I got bold enough to stand on the sidewalk in front of their building and take photographs of the people going in and their license plates. They left me alone after that.

Their 'profit' died and the cult, pretty much, died with them. I haven't seen any of them in 15 years.

BTW, the morg chased me to Australia and back...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2013 09:38PM by John_Lyle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: satans spawn ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 01:42PM

Interesting. And Yes....such organized harrassment and crime is well organzed and prevelant right in happy mo valley. I know several people who have been victimized for money or divorce revenge or the person being seen somehow as a vulnerabke or disabled person or other. Do u mind revealng the name of the group u were harrassed by? Or do u know?

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: June 11, 2013 11:56AM

http://www.theway.org/index.php?page=home&lang=en

They were in CA, all over the midwest in the late seventies/early eighties, etc. Recruited heavily from college campuses.

At the time, they were tending towards apocalyptic millennialism. They stockpiled firearms and planned for the end of the world.

They did various things to interfere with my life for about five years before giving up.

The web page, above, is new. After the original profit–Victor Weirwille–died the cult was taken over by L. Craig Martindale. The new 'profit' had problems with keeping his hands off the female employees.

Shortly after he took over, one female employee sued Martindale & The Way for sexual harassment and won. Nearly took all their assets. Last I heard, the profit was working as a personal trainer somewhere in Ohio.

Apparently, they have found someone else to take over.

Their 'hook' was that they could teach you to speak in tongues for $25...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2013 11:57AM by John_Lyle.

Posted by: warrior princess ( )
Date: June 11, 2013 02:40PM

Interesting! Looks like such a nice religious website. And all the while is completely off base and creepy! And yet, people sign up and follow it. While, somehow convincing themselves that stalking and harrassing other human beings and trying to destroy them is "holy." The dissonance in that is worse than mormonism dilusion. Sad if you think about it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.