Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon Poster ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 09:12AM

My in-law was called as a new MP and entered the MTC with his wife on Saturday. All misson presidents are now given Ipads to help them with their jobs (baby-sitting).

He didn't hear anything about missionaries themselves getting Ipads, so in the future maybe the regular missionary will get them or maybe they won't, but for now, it is only the MP's that are getting the Ipads.

Even that wasn't part of the "big" news.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 01:07PM

Posted by: The other Sofia ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 01:23PM

Interesting info. Are these locked down Ipads? Only able to access approved websites?

Posted by: Anon Poster ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 01:50PM

The MP's were given the Ipads on Saturday, and I don't know at this point if they are locked or filtered, but my guess would be no. Mission Presidents are so trustworthy that the church leaders can tell them what the Ipad is for and they will adhere to that. But really, I don't know how limited they are.

Posted by: Deja Vue ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 01:36PM

In today's world, I think everybody already is using ipads. At least everyone I know does (if they can afford one). Older folks too. Is it possible that tscc is calling mission presidents who are too far behind in the world of technology to not already have and be using one? (Talk about in the world but not of the world. lol)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.