Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Claire ( )
Date: June 27, 2013 08:39PM

Apparently, the girl told her friend at girls camp, the friend told her parents who told the bishop, who finally notified the police.

Can someone link this from the Daily Mail?
Thx

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 27, 2013 09:15PM

I haven't lived there for over 30 years, but there have been other scandals like this one.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 27, 2013 09:23PM

SICK 'father authority'.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: June 27, 2013 10:10PM

another example of Mormons trusting a bishop first. I would of just called the police. Bishops don't know sh8t. most of them are just dentists

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: June 27, 2013 10:47PM

I agree, it's a sad case, and it shows that TBM's would rather see the bishop instead of doing the sensible thing of calling the police. At least, the bishop did the right thing by calling the police in this case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2013 10:48PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 06:08AM

Technically, the bishop didn't call the police. He did, however, call child protective services, and they contacted the police. Good call, anyway.

I'll bet that - if the perpetrator had been a high-ranking official (such as another bishop or a SP or HC member) - he probably would have handled it differently...

Posted by: wolfsbane ( )
Date: June 27, 2013 10:48PM

That's what I thought. This freak was raping his daughter thus committing a serious crime and they report it to their freaking bishop. Good hell what is wrong with people?

Posted by: tapirsaddle ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 01:00AM

When my brother had a head injury, my mom drove him to church to get a blessing before taking him to the hospital. Fuck, my parents are stupid.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 27, 2013 10:31PM

Sad story. At least the bishop did the right thing in this case.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: June 27, 2013 10:33PM

Do we know the guy was LDS?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 27, 2013 10:51PM

Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 03:22AM

It's a given that the daughter least has Mormon friends that she goes to activities with. It hasn't been said if she or that fuckhead masquerading as a "father" actually are. If he is, I get th feeling that he's a long time inactive Jackmo, maybe even a disbeliever.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 02:30AM

I hope they cut his penis off and ram it up his asshole. No I don't mince words. That IS how I really feel.

Posted by: FormerLatterClimber ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 03:14AM

When her friends left he told her, "it's time to pay."
I hope he understands that it'll be his turn to pay soon...with Big Bubba.

Posted by: kriss ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 06:34AM

The sick thing is that bishop was only the first, who notified police.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 06:56AM

The article doesn't say what penishood calling he held - Obviously not a bishop or higher, since the bishop actually did something about it, without covering it up, or kicking it higher.

my guess would be something in SS (he had a beard, so couldn't have been EQP material)

Posted by: rescueranger ( )
Date: June 28, 2013 09:55AM

This also happend in a ward I lived in in North Wales. Father abusing his 3 daughters, gaining favors from them, they did it to protect their younger sister who has Downs Syndrome. Finally enough was enough and they told the bishop, who actually did the right thing by calling the police there and then.
Unfortunately one of the daughters because of the abuse had eating disorders and later died from complications (R.I.P.Janice). His wife who was RS president and had no clue of the abuse, divorced him and then left the church. Daughters all walked away too Dad served jail time but is now out. It goe's on alot more than you dare think about.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.