Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: magnite ( )
Date: July 22, 2013 04:53PM

Intersting article I just found, don't know if it has already been posted or not.

Thought a few may interested:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaithblog/56627129-180/mormon-church-faith-lds.html.csp

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: judyblue ( )
Date: July 22, 2013 05:19PM

We've been all over it. It was on the front page of the New York Times. :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/21/us/some-mormons-search-the-web-and-find-doubt.html

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: July 22, 2013 05:24PM

From the comments below the Salt Lake Tribune article:

"Seriously, just because he read it online?? Like everything online is true? These kinds of stories come and go. The Church goes on. There is a recent book out about a woman who left the church, and spent 20 years investigating many other faiths. Then she rejoined the Church. Most people look for flaws and leave the church after they start having affairs or drinking - they look for excuses to justify their behaviors."

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: July 22, 2013 05:32PM

That's very Mormon of him.

Posted by: Sassy13 ( )
Date: July 23, 2013 12:58PM

LOL - crom.....
my ex said I left the church because I didn't want to follow their "rules"....

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: July 23, 2013 01:10PM

Or in the Ensign? Or in the Book of Mormon?

Like everything spoon-fed you by the Mormon Church is true?

Most true-believing Mormons look for excuses to justify their behaviors in staying in the Mormon Church, despite all of its lies, distortions and mind control. You're obviously one of them.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2013 02:01PM by steve benson.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: July 23, 2013 04:58PM

Once More Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From the comments below the Salt Lake Tribune
> article:
>
> "Seriously, just because he read it online??

not *because* he read it on line but because he became aware of it and the internet just happened to be the conduit that supplied the information. The information damn sure would have been enough reason to quit regardless of the way it was conveyed.

> Like
> everything online is true?

NO it isn't, but just because its on the internet does not make false either.

> These kinds of stories
> come and go.

come and go where? in and out of people's consciousness? as LDS Inc attempts to spin event and mentally batter people into ignorance based compliance. Regardless of where they go, the facts remain the same, and the fact is that MORmONISM is based entirely on LIES.

> The Church goes on.

The (MORmON) church goes on LYING.

> There is a recent
> book out about a woman who left the church, and
> spent 20 years investigating many other faiths.
> Then she rejoined the Church.

Which only proves that she was a real MORmON all along.

> Most people look for
> flaws and leave the church after they start having
> affairs or drinking - they look for excuses to
> justify their behaviors."

A truly MORmON contention.

So typical of MORmON (non) distinctions that MORmONS constantly make, and MORmON behavior that is a chief reason why I want no part of a MORmON heaven / celestial kingDUMB filled with brainless MORmONS, even if there is one.

Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: July 22, 2013 05:36PM

Here is my comment posted on the Trib as Tom Phillips.

"The most damning evidence against Mormonism is contained in their own scriptures and the words of their prophets. The current leadership can neither confirm nor deny these issues so they cowardly rely on their "apologists" and news room spokesperson to "spin" the truth. Misinformation comes from the Church not its critics (or more accurately) truthseekers.

Kudos to Hans Mattsson for showing integrity and no, he was not ignorant about polygamy etc. He had bought the party line, the sanitized version of the "truth" which turned out to be a big fat lie."

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: July 23, 2013 04:46PM

Thanks for sharing your comment on the Trib. This has been an interesting few days. :)

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: July 23, 2013 01:08PM

Here is what I would like to have said:

"Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes or given you clairvoyance enough to find the Rebels' hidden fort- [grasps his throat as if he is being choked]"

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: July 23, 2013 04:42PM

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Posted by: m ( )
Date: July 23, 2013 04:37PM

love this comment

I just believe what the the GA's say. I love them. I practically worship them. They are all I need in my life; next to god of course. They only speak truths. Please ignore the prophets of old and all the bad things they have said. They were just men speaking. They normally tell the truth but mess up sometime too (they have physical bodies). They are powerful men. They know it all. Follow them and you can know it all too. Great men, powerful men. If they wanted to they could raise the dead, get rid of cancer, or make millions of loaves of bread out of scratch. They don't need to do that though because this is all part of HIS plan. Follow it. Don't question it. Only listen to these reclusive, mysterious men. They only come out twice a year to speak to their people. They should not have to answer the tough questions, these are men of GOD. Please just follow and don't question. They know it all. They are right. I have felt the burning. I have felt the power. I have nearly fainted when I was in President Hunters presence once. It is true. Follow I beg you, follow. This is the only true path to happiness.

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: July 23, 2013 04:44PM

Where is the invisible "cutoff-line" between the old "bad" prophets versus the new "good" guys that we must worship?

Oh, and President Hunter, please wear some deodorant next time. Your body odor is making women swoon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2013 04:45PM by Senoritalamanita.

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: July 24, 2013 04:10PM

Oh.My.God. Wow.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: July 23, 2013 05:03PM

I love this,

The hemorrhaging, due to effects that LDS INC claims are not really valid, is so great that LDS inc can NOT ignore it.
They had to try to put a bandage on it, but it still going on.

Posted by: sanitationengineer ( )
Date: July 24, 2013 05:22PM

I just love reading the comments section of the Trib to see who will get after Winston and his song and dance. I can't decide if he really is the extremely obtuse TBM that he appears or if he is one of the cleverest trolls of all time (meaning his longevity) as he certainly embarrasses the TBM crowd with his schtick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2013 05:23PM by sanitationengineer.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.