Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 06:15PM

This is what happens when *some guy from the neighborhood* gets to decide who's qualified to teach other people's kids:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,973903,973903#msg-973903

All the fears, racism, misogyny, anti-science, and sexual dysfunction. Wait until you're married to kiss ... like their normal teachings about sex don't stick enough people in bad marriages!

I could have been seriously messed up, believing Satan was following me around. Yeah, I'm that interesting.

Fortunately, I knew there was something wrong with my teacher. I remember listening to her talk about her psychic powers and visions, which she did often--ON THE FIRST DAY, EVEN--and not only wondering if that was OK with the church, but also thinking she was off her rocker.

I don't remember telling my parents, either--not even after the other parents called to complain about the anti-Mormon literature. I like to think at least one of them would've had a problem with her suggesting I was being followed by Satan.

I can't help wondering how many other kids' minds she messed with, in her need to make herself feel powerful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.