Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: September 12, 2014 07:14PM

...by One Who is Watching.

Can anyone tell me anything about this blog? I was looking up some info on Lyman Wight who moved with some followers to Texas after J. Smith's death. I came upon this blog after it was referred by Google as source of some Wight info. Very strange and interesting reading. Anyone have some info on who writes this blog?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 12, 2014 08:02PM

First time I've seen it.
The author chooses to remain anonymous.
From his/her "about" page:

"The only parts of my posts and/or articles that should be taken seriously are the scriptures quoted from the holy, eternal and infallible word of God."

From that all I can conclude is that the author is delusional, disohnest, and irrational. Nothing else.

For reference:

http://onewhoiswatching.wordpress.com/

Date: September 12, 2014 09:35PM

This guy seems to have a fairly extensive knowledge of LDS scriptures and some new ideas I've never heard before using the scriptures to back his views. I started reading from one of his entries and he made a statement that he had listed thirty scriptures to support his claims but they must be read in the precise order he lists them so as to prove his point. This seems to be taking things out of context and manipulating them for his own purposes. Sounds like another from the early 1800s. It amazes me how people can search thru scriptures and pick and choose those pieces that fit into their puzzle. How are they able to do that?

Further searches have revealed no new evidence as to who he is. Very weird and strange at the same time.

Posted by: The One Who Watches ( )
Date: September 12, 2014 11:24PM

What I don't understand is, why are people so curious about who I am.

The blog is not about me.

Why can't you simply focus on the content instead of getting distracted by wondering who wrote it?

Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: September 13, 2014 03:11AM

We want to know if you're Tommy Monson...

Date: September 13, 2014 05:29AM

Monson would not write this stuff. It goes beyond his thought process and besides it not the regular LDS drivel.

Posted by: Bob Dunlap ( )
Date: January 11, 2015 11:31AM

Does it matter who he is or the info that he posts,as far as i am concerned this stuff is filling in the gaps that i have been looking for,for years,i am almost sure as i bring some of the stuff into the congergation,resteration branch.R L DS __L D S the condishing of there minds will only let them look it over and not prayed over it and most will turn there back on it,lift out in the cold again.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: January 11, 2015 11:46AM

Shouldn't you die-hard TBMs be in church?

Posted by: ucmetoo ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 12:35AM

+++

So sad, when one gets lost like this.

Here's the way home:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1180178

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: January 11, 2015 12:07PM

The only Lyman Wight sect created was: Other "Prairie Saint" branches of the movement, such as the Church of Christ (Whitmerite), none of which is known to be extant.

Church of Christ (Wightite)
Lyman Wight 1844 broke off from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Extant until around 1858 Wight rejected the claims of leadership made by Brigham Young, William Smith, and James Strang. He moved a group of Latter Day Saints to the central Texas frontier. He accepted Joseph Smith III as his father's successor, but did not live long enough to join the RLDS Church (though most of his followers later did).

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 11, 2015 12:31PM

I spent a little time investigating the blog.

I'll admit that Isaiah was a talented remote viewer in his day. He also had access to certain "holy plants" that expanded his consciousness.

However, treating the BoM as anything other than fiction is where the wheels fall off. LDS doctrine is a red herring for this blogger. It's not that The One Who Watches is wrong about the coming dispensation, when the spirit of the Christ will cover the Earth. It's that he tries to fit Isaiah's prophesies into a mold where they simply cannot fit. This stuff is 21st century fan fiction based on 19th century fan fiction. Kudos for trying but you can't polish a turd.

That's not to say the blog isn't food for thought. It gets the juices flowing on the subject of Isaiah with its alternative viewpoints.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 11, 2015 01:34PM

Calling what you write, drivel...gives drivel a bad name...and I'm watching too...but I sign my real name.

Ron Burr

Date: January 11, 2015 03:58PM

Thanks for the added comments guys.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: January 11, 2015 04:27PM

Is this a troll? is that blog a troll? you're like one of those idiot numerologists who thinks that there are magic numbers in the bible that determine the date of the apocalypse. GTFO.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 11, 2015 04:36PM

"How does one find fault with one doing as one should be doing?" asks Dawid, in a lame, Nuremberg-esque manner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2015 04:37PM by donbagley.

Posted by: JohnEl ( )
Date: February 14, 2016 11:51PM

Greetings, Watching Readers,
I am a direct descendant of Lyman Wight and would like to add a footnote to a well written article on The Wild Ram of the Mountain.
After the death of Brigham Young, Lyman Wight was posthumously reinstated into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints with all of his restored blessings. A painting of Lyman is displayed on the top floor of the Conference Center in Salt Lake City along with other leaders in early church history.

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 04:23PM

Anybody know who this guy might be? Very interesting blog but then he loses me.

Almost thou persuadeth me to be a fundie.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 05:09PM

I wonder if he/she/it is related to the Christian troll who hates on me?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.