Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: October 07, 2013 01:17AM

I'm supposed to read _The Candy Shop War_ by Brandon Mull for my children's lit class. I didn't know anything about the book but learned that the author is Mormon (a happy point since it's a church school!). Now I'm having a hard time even cracking it open because of my knee-jerk cringing. Help me! For the record, I love Enders Game, but I'm having a hard time with this one. I feel like a hypocrite with the "tbms shouldn't judge others who don't share their beliefs," and me not even wanting to read a book because that was the big selling point "the author is Mormon!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ck ( )
Date: October 07, 2013 01:19AM

I wish I could help you, but I'm not there yet either.

Posted by: luge ( )
Date: October 07, 2013 01:23AM

Well, I am with you. Conference this weekend has really pissed me off, frankly. I am trying to remember that the TBM's that every right to worship as I have the right to do what I will. So, I am not to the point either that things don't bother me. However, it goes from being totally bitter to just irritated and then I presume able to laugh it off or ignore it all together. It takes time. Don't beat yourself up!

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: October 07, 2013 01:26AM

I was at the local pool last week and some kid yelled out "Malachi". He was Samoan, so I then became aware the place was full of Mormon kids and adults. Horrible names they give their kids.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.