Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 12:01PM

Merry Christmas to all the gay people of Utah!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 12:09PM

Wow, this is really amazing!

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 12:16PM

That link is not clear to me. Has a denial been issued for the 9 am Monday court hearing???

Posted by: Odell Campbell ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 12:21PM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 12:20PM

This way, TSCC won't have to Front lots of money/energy in their efforts, the state is their pimp.

Posted by: amiwhiteyet ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 12:24PM

"I sense a great disturbance in the force, as if thousands of homophobes are crying out in terror..."

OH THE HUMANITY!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 12:27PM

and, another reason for TSCC to HATE Federal Judges/Federal Authority - Intervention!

Posted by: adult of god nli ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 12:32PM

Let the weddings begin!

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 12:49PM

How odd that it turned out be the True Blue Mormons who are weeping and wailing and gnashing their teeth. Is being Mormon in Utah really Outer Darkness? Joke's on them.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 12:55PM

I liked this comment from that article, apparently that quote is not in court documents, Some bias from the news reporter perhaps?

"Not exactly what’s going on here. >>“In effect, the district court decided to impose its own view of marriage on Utah regardless of the fact that Utah had democratically chosen the man-woman definition of marriage and regardless of the fact that the district court’s view might be rejected by (the Supreme) Court,” court documents state.<< Someone said this perhaps, but not the judge, and certainly not the Supreme Court. The judge actually rejected the view that the majority could impose its will on the minority, because it could not find irreparable harm to the majority. And the concept of majority rule, even if by democratically determined, overwhelming majority agreement, is not a principle on which this country was founded or operates on a day to day basis. Come on, a state like Utah exists only as a majority within its own borders, every Utahn should hope that the rights of a minority can never be so casually cast aside. Make the "democratic majority" argument until you are blue in the face, say it again and again and again, and it may make you feel better, but it is a fundamentally flawed concept of equal protection v. majority rule. Move on."

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 02:08PM

What the majority can't do is vote away someone's rights. You know, like the majority can't decide Mormons aren't entitled to religoius freedom.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 02:14PM

Yes, I think WE should make a rule with Mormons that if they persecute someone for wanting a non-traditional marriage and/or stand in the way of their practicing their beliefs about marriage, then those Mormons forever and for all time give up their right to whine about the unfairness of their ancestors being persecuting in a similar manner centuries ago.

Posted by: judyblue ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 02:13PM

One of my favorite quotes, which I've used any time TBMs have pulled this nonsense about the gay marriage thing:

"Majority rule will only work if you're considering individual rights. You can't have five wolves and one sheep vote on what they want to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.