Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 02:04PM

Bout time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_the_Quorum_of_the_Twelve_Apostles_%28LDS_Church%29

Seems to me that they die off in the middle of decades. In the next few years there will be a Celestial harvest for low the Mormon Apostle field is white already to harvest.

My prediction it that field will stay white.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 02:23PM

Wow. It's rather weird that it's happened like that the past two decades.

I also can't believe they went from 1995 to 2004 with nobody dying.

I think Boyd K Packer will be the next to pass on, but I'd like him to become prophet, since I'm intrigued to see what would happen. Also, his past controversial statements would mean a lot more to the general public when if he actually became the prophet.

Posted by: MarkJ ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 02:27PM

When I was on my way out other members were saying to wait until Packer became the President and we could all leave together.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 05:10PM

If he gets his turn, he'll just be propped up and the church will be run by background people. I doubt he has the acuity to add anything new. And I doubt the background people are going to resurrect all his previous ramblings. In fact, I'd bet there are P.R. people with big erasers ready to clean up after he goes...

Like McConkie, et al, he was was loved and respected by much of the mormon masses, but will soon be swept aside as a product of his times.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 05:18PM

Boyd K. Packer must become the next Mormon Prophet, Seer, and Revelator. It is like a Brigham Young, Joseph Fielding Smith, or Ezra Taft Benson in waiting. Just think if we could have had a Prophet Bruce R. McConkie, what a beautiful man, what a beautiful culture, what a beautiful people--they revere their leaders.

Boyd K. Packer for prophet!

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 02:31PM

It's lower than lo? :)

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 03:24PM

zactly. :c

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 03:30PM

Wow. Urchendork has just shot straight to the top.

In 10 short years, he went from a newbie aposhole to running the show with his cohort Eyring.

That's cray

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 04:05PM

For a second there, my old man brain thought you'd written, "They all die of middle initials."

Posted by: Facing Tao ( )
Date: January 02, 2014 04:07PM

So they don't find life desirable anymore after some ~80 years? It would be something if all TSCC apostoles would live to, say, 150! This forum might not exist! ;)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.