Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: February 04, 2014 02:36PM

I know there is a least one large farm.

Do we know how many temples, churches, businesses, and mission presidents homes etc that are currently owned by LDS Inc?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anon4this ( )
Date: February 04, 2014 03:23PM

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: February 04, 2014 03:38PM

I cannot find Farmland Reserves listed on this page.

Posted by: Anon-abc ( )
Date: February 04, 2014 03:36PM

Two temples in the UK. London Temple and Preston Temple (which also has an MTC and chapel on site). I had a relative that worked at the MTC.

There's also church office buildings. That's why GAs such as Jeffrey R Holland used to live here. However, they relocated recently to Frankfurt in Germany I believe, so they've not got so many employees in the UK anymore. They used to have houses for the GAs that worked here, but they probably sold them now that they're not needed.

There's also some church history landmarks here. I'm not sure if they're actually owned by the church, but they put on tours of them. One of the guys that did tours of them I'm 99% sure had his second anointing, and he ended up on the Preston Temple presidency recently.

Posted by: White Cliffs ( )
Date: February 04, 2014 03:45PM

Of course. It's all there on the lds.org website. All assets everywhere in the world, property deeds, corporate forms, executive compensation...everything.

Not to mention all documents from the Church Historian's Office, all minutes of First Presidency meetings, memos, letters...all there out in the open. The Church has nothing to hide from anyone, ever.

Posted by: anon again ( )
Date: February 04, 2014 03:47PM

There's houses for both sets of temple presidencies, accommodation centres for both patrons and temple workers, at both temples.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.