Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nolongerquestioning81 ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 01:28PM

My BIL, re: the snow in UT - A lot of wards have been fasting and praying for moisture around here, because of the serious threat of drought that is coming. Pretty cool to see Gods answer this week!

I responded: I guess they don't pray much in Africa, given the perma-drought conditions there? What with the curse not a real thing anymore. Maybe they should play a Toto record, it would probably be as effective.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 01:40PM

Since when have Mormons ever worried about far-off places that they can't pronounce? Africa is used only for numbers and otherwise has no value to the church.

I wouldn't be too worried, except that I've got a daughter who lives there. So I'm a teeny-tiny bit worried.

I'm really worried for California, but they've been earning a comeuppance for a very long time. LA was low on water back in the 1920s and built the LA aqueduct all the way from Owens valley to Los Angeles. Then they wouldn't stop with the building, the farming, the planned cities, the golf courses, and ultimately the taking of water from other state populations. Now no one will have water. You might have to take these people in, or something.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 01:59PM

I endured 3 droughts and numerous hail storm and rain events during my 35 year farming career. Never once prayed about the weather, or lack thereof...weather happens...and you deal with it...not a f'kin thing ya can do to change it...JMHO.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Nolongerquestioning81 ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 09:26PM

Mormon Jesus: Helping middle aged white people find their car keys since 1830.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.