Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 06:59PM

Thank you Simon Southerton for continuing to fight the good fight against the lies of the mormon cult! Simon's response to the latest LDS Newsroom paper can be seen here...

http://simonsoutherton.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/response-to-president-newsroom.html

The mormon snake oil charlatans should be ashamed of themselves for draining the funds from old people like my parents so they can build themselves golden nest eggs before the collapse of the morg.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 07:34PM

Wonderful and easy to understand. I now have two more arrows in my quiver--I look at it this way: if three varieties of grapes are crushed and the juice mixed and poured into a bottle, you can drain most of the juice out, but whatever is still there is mixed, and you can still genetically identify the three grapes (thereby answering the "bottleneck" theory); also, even if the bottle was emptied you can find the remains of the dry/squeezed grape skins & they can be tested (i.e. ancient remains can be tested that predate the "bottleneck" anyway).

Posted by: newnamenephi ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 08:02PM

I agree...I'm glad Simon responded so quickly! I just can't believe how easy these essays are picked apart and the collateral damage to current doctrine they're causing!

I just can't wait to see which essay they'll release next. :)

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 08:52PM

This is so excellent. This is the way you make a viable point. This is the way you use facts. This is how certain people end up with egg on their baker's hats.

Posted by: richardthebad (not logged in) ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 09:02PM

Touché, Dr. Southerton. Touché!

Posted by: Margie ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 09:16PM

I appreciate that he wrote in a way that I can understand. The maps helped me too. Anything DNA goes way over my head.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 06:46PM

margie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I appreciate that he wrote in a way that I can
> understand. The maps helped me too. Anything DNA
> goes way over my head.

Thanks everyone for your kind words, even Margie! Got a laugh out of this.

To be honest, when I first saw the clovis map (which is borrowed) I was amazed. It beautifully illustrates the depth of understanding scientists have about the 13,000-year-old Clovis culture. Each dot on that map represents thousands of man hours of research.

The DNA is making a very important contribution but it is not dramatically altering the big picture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2014 12:30AM by Simon in Oz.

Posted by: Calico ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 09:44PM

Excellent work!

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: February 03, 2014 10:04PM

Thanks Simon. That was might good of you to (come out of retirement?) and put the time into that response. Thanks!!

Posted by: nailamindi ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 04:05PM

I'd missed this in the TP hullaballo. Wonder if this stuff will be used in the fraud case!

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: February 07, 2014 11:01PM

The comments section was amazing. I was so impressed with Simon's responses to one particularly persistent TBM. He answered with wit and clarity.

Posted by: tenaciousd ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 03:32AM

Wonderful comments by all. Simon's great for many reasons not the least of which he's able to write highly technical info in a way non-scientists can readily grasp.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 07:48AM

Thank you, Simon. You're very skilled at presenting the information in an interesting and accessible way. Kudos for how you handle the indoctrinated TBM commenters.

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: February 08, 2014 07:25PM

I just listened to his podcast with John Dehlin from 2012. It was incredibly interesting. My husband particularly liked his description of chromosomes and their functions. Thank you for telling your story.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 07:26PM by iris.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.