Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: February 24, 2014 08:24PM

So the weekly email from my nephew has mostly been about how hard they try and how often they fail at bringing souls unto the liars.

This week was far different. They actually had a baptism. It almost did not happen because the baptismal clothes would not fit the new sister. The day was saved because there was the correct size at another building.

So much effort and so much money being spent to convert and no money for baptismal clothes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: funeraltaters ( )
Date: February 24, 2014 09:41PM

Maybe she was roughly the size of a barge. On my mission there was a recent convert in one of my wards who had to have two Elders in the font with her just to lift her back up after they dunked her. Her name escapes me at the moment. She was a very sweet lady. She had us over for dinner fairly often and her house smelled strongly of cat pee. The first couple breaths once you walked through the door were horrible, but after a minute or so you just acclimated to it.

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: February 25, 2014 03:29AM

" bringing souls unto the liars."

Must be agonising seeing family members being manipulated like this to seek recruits.

It's sad to hear they have suckered someone into baptism. Little does she know that all the attention will soon fade away and she will be expected to 'work' and recruit others.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.