Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: janeybear ( )
Date: March 27, 2014 03:57PM

It has been a while since I posted and at times thought I had turned a corner my children have left with me although one is missing her old life as she is a very moral person and informs me that she was happier when she was a TBM I am not sure how much DH is helping her with her decision he is very controlling. We are in the process of a divorce so maybe she feels she needs to cling on to the past. I am happy if she is but DH is still not happy about her siblings following me, will it get any better. I am otherwise totally at peace now with a new life but DH still very much in control.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 27, 2014 04:22PM

Sometimes people just want continuity, stability and familiarity in times like a divorce. Perhaps that's why she misses it. And perhaps she feels a lack of confidence in her future without the structure the church provided. Maybe you can assure her and boost her confidence in making her own choices and living her own life. Just because she's no longer in the church doesn't mean she's not the same moral person she always was.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.