Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Every Member a Janitor ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 12:31PM

"Use blogs and text messages to spread the gospel to the world," said President Uchtdorf.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: síóg ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 12:38PM

wat do u no bout mormons? wud u like 2 no mor?

Like that?

It might be about as successful by text as it was when back in the 60s. You know how successful that would make it, right?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 02:09PM

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 02:10PM

"no, I wud not lik 2 no no mo" haha "no mo, no mo, no mo, no mo, hit the road Jack!"

But I actually like this man. I think he is one of the better and maybe not really aware of the scam at all, if that is possible. His heart is usually in a good place, which I cannot say, for example , of Oakes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2011 12:26AM by think4u.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 12:48AM

His conference talk was a disgrace.

The message was, "be grateful even though you never received the blessings from god that were promised you. You held up your end of the bargain, god doesn't have to. I command you to be grateful anyway."

Uchtdorf is a phony and a fraud. Don't let the fake tan fool you.

Posted by: Ruby2 ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 02:39AM

My acquaintance at Mars Hill Church thinks that just because he believes in and upholds Jesus's teachings that Jesus should provide him with even shelter. Then he calls himself sinful for it.

Posted by: Ruby2 ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 02:41AM

This is just cyberbullying. Sending intrusive, unwanted, advertising text messages.

Posted by: Exmosis ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 08:43AM

Posted by: sunshine ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 04:58AM

Text messages?

Gosh - they really are always 10 years behind LOL!

Posted by: GadiantonRobber ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 01:40PM

Texting the gospel, ridiculous. Next thing you know they'll baptize by webcam

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 02:44PM

"do you have a swimming pool... No? a bath tub?... yes? good... now when I say jump, jump in and then come back to the web cam..."

Posted by: Happy Hare Krishna ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 03:31PM

To be fair, there ARE services that send out things like Bible verses, Bhagavad Gita verses, or inspirational faith-based messages (on an opt-in basis) by text message, so that is nothing new.

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 02:04PM

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 02:08PM

I don't text (too technophobic - still faxing!) so my question is: Who pays for the text? The recipient of the message? That would be annoying - receiving an unwanted religious solicitation and then a bill for it!

Of course, that would be all you'd need to know about Mormonism right there.

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 02:13PM

One thing about texting he actually said was, "I will bet there are some right now texting friends that 'he (Deiter) is 10 min. into his talk and has not given an aviation analogy'" BIG laugh! I wonder if he learned from this place that he was being teased for doing that over and over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2011 02:14PM by think4u.

Date: April 09, 2014 03:26PM

In the USA, both the sender and the recipient usually pay, although unlimited text message plans are quite common now and make this irrelevant for domestic text messages. Internationally, usually the sender pays, even for international text messages, and the recipient receives the text message for free.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 02:41PM

OMG BOM WTF

I believe this is inspired counsel.

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 02:48PM

I c u r lds 2.

Srsly, lets be BFFs. I no TC = true.

WTF, OMG. ROFL. TXT me. I has testimonies!

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 08:56AM

I can haz salvation?

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 10:36PM

I normally like Dieter but but no thank you to this one!

Posted by: vallen ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 12:42AM

Jesus loves you

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 07:12AM

Someone should tell him that texting is old fashioned already.

We use whatsapp, or FB chat or snapchat, or tumblr, or any other instant message app that uses WIFI, and therefore doesn't cost anything..

Date: April 09, 2014 03:34PM

Texting is still quite common actually, and can be quite helpful in areas where the Internet is inaccessible or unstable and Wi-Fi isn't around. (A lot of functions like Facebook communications and Google searches can be done by text message.) That said, Internet-based communication is definitely more widely used now.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 09:04AM

How are they going to "build relationships of trust" with texting? It doesn't sound like they've thought this through. I would reply with some variant of "So, the Mormons are spamming me now? God, you people are desperate!"

Posted by: Fluffinator ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 10:03AM

It isn't much of an issue. The leadership of TSCC will counsel the members to do something like this. They will "COMMIT" to doing it and gloriously TEXT, POST and BLOG vigorsly for a few weeks.

By then the next bit of counsel will come out about reading the BOM 30 minutes more a day, or 100% home teaching or give more community service....etc.

It will soon fall by the wayside. This is the MORMON way.

Keep'em busy/Keep'em failing/Keep'em guilty/Keep'em paying/Keep'em not thinking

Posted by: capitolmoroni ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 11:38AM

I thot uchdorf was the smart one and he really said that? No members will do this crap. ..that was the whole point of going on a mission.

Members ignore this nonsense anyway surprisingly. They aren't JW's, two yrs was enuf

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 11:49AM

He only said "text the gospel" so he could tell the aviation "joke."

Look at me! I'm an apostle and I'm funny too! The church is true!

(not)

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 12:18PM

Mormons are so damn clueless...

Being a Airline Pilot was Glamorous back in the 60's!

Uchtdorf does look like the type who would try to fuck young Flight Attendants, though.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 12:47PM

Here ya go! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/09/mormon-church-online_n_5024251.html

Unfortunately it reads more like a stalking love story.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 01:54PM

I found some of the article on Huffingtonpost interesting. I did not know the history of how the cult's on line missionary site was organized, etc. The statistical info concerning how successful the deal is in conversion and retension rates seems far fetched. Does anyone have any info on this?

Good laughs about the on-line-at-home babtisms in swimming pool or bathtub. Loved, Ready, set, go. (you could cheat and not wear the weird jump suit---rather a biki or, OMG, nothing)

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 03:34PM

Once again the morg is behind the times!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.