Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 12:29PM

I can't "out" myself yet, but keeping my mouth shut gets harder literally by the day. This was shared on FB by a good friend who is a perfect example of the young LDS mother - having way too many kids way too quickly, constantly and forever short on funds (to the point of desperation much of the time), overworked, overstressed, trying so hard to do what she knows is the right thing to do, and wondering why the family often doesn't feel the spirit or get along or seem to be progressing church-wise the way the church authorities tell her they should be. It alternately breaks my heart and absolutely enrages me - the waste! The WASTE of it all!!!

http://www.allisonkimball.com/my_weblog/2011/08/family-home-evening-tutorial.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 12:45PM

Did you notice she is giving away free Books of Mormon too? She seems like an honestly nice person - so sad the Mormon church is taking advantage of that and wearing her out for their own ends.

Date: September 09, 2011 12:48PM

Exactly. And no matter how much you give, in time, money, and effort, it's never enough. Never, EVER enough. EVER.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 01:35PM

Enough is enough.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 02:06PM

Posted by: christieja ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 03:38PM

Wow, can't get anymore Molly Mormon than that!

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 03:43PM

Is it any wonder Utah has among the highest use of anti-depressants in the country? And I can imagine that among beleagured Mormon women it's not just in Utah, it's everywhere!

Posted by: Buddy Joe ( )
Date: September 09, 2011 03:50PM

Well – I know there are very smart women in the cult, many of them received a good education.
I ask myself often how come that a smart woman puts her hand on a glowing hot plate, complains about the pain but denials the source of the heat.

Posted by: christieja ( )
Date: September 10, 2011 11:10AM

I believe (just my speculation because I'm a NeverMo) that the brain washing begins at birth and for some reason, certain brains are more vulnerable to the cult than others. Nothing like being doomed from infancy.

Date: September 10, 2011 11:44AM

No kidding. Now that I have a much more objective viewpoint of it all I can't stand the thought of so many kids being dragged to Primary, etc. - the indocrination starts early and they figure out very soon that no matter what they do they'll never be able to measure up. So, they either keep trying and often suffer from depression or other issues or they learn to live the lie, putting on the correct face and playing the part while thinking and doing quite the opposite. The indocrination circle is complete then and they never get the chance to actually think things through for themselves and figure out who they really are. March in lockstep! Give your talks! Suffer through F.H.E.! Dread bishops' interviews! And never know what kind of a person you really could have been and what you truly enjoy because anything that isn't LDS is inherently evil. It just makes me sick, literally sick.

Posted by: WillieBoy ( )
Date: August 21, 2014 09:04PM

A true blue mormon like her lays back and thinks of Joseph Smith - rather than England as she works hard to bring spirits into bodies to further the cult.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.