Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Orrison Smith ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 06:25PM

At the age of 27, I was thinking about leaving the Church. Mostly it was because I could not believe in the Doctrine of Heavenly Incest, that God the Father had sex with Mary to produce the body of Jesus. At the time (1987), most men in the Church, at least those over the age of 30, believed in this doctrine. They thought it was "the most beautiful doctrine in the Gospel of Jesus Christ". I thought it was the MOST HORRIBLE BLASPHEMY ever invented by an evil carnal mind. Brigham Young came up with it, but it was elaborated on by Joseph F. Smith, the 5th President of the Church, in the Box Elder Stake Conference (Google "Joseph F. Smith" and "Box Elder Stake Conference" to read for yourself). Or you can just Google Mormonism and "Was Mary a Virgin?" to see lots of quotes. The Church taught this openly until 1972. For "PR" reasons, the Church stopped openly teaching it, but "wink wink". It' now "meat" that the World is not "worthy" of. Yuk!

Anyway, I met a fellow at a Fireside who was thinking of leaving the Church, because his wife, a former Miss Utah, divorced him. We became friends, and then roommates. I enjoyed our many long hours of intellectual conversations. Enjoyed that very much. Anyway, I was his roommate for about 18 months. For six months of that time, he had a bed-mate, a 17 years old Catholic girl. He was 36-37 during this time. During this time, I was 27/8. Many girls at the Young Adult dances wouldn't dance with me because "I was too old". Some of them dated my roommate, who was much older than I was. Hmmmmm???
Anyway, he would tell his beautiful 17 year old girlfriend to go upstairs and "be quiet" while he brought young Mormon girls home from dances and would have sex with them (almost always oral sex) downstairs on his couch. She put up with this for six months. He left her. She never left him. That is why I can "understand" why Emma would FORGIVE, FORGIVE, FORGIVE Joseph Smith's womanizing. Because....
*He was the Prophet (like a moviestar/rock star combined)
*She had STATUS as the Prophet's wife
So, she'd forgive, forgive, forgive, forgive.....that is why the 17 year old did to my roommate.
When I tried to turn in my roommate, the bishop called me a "LIAR!" and said that "Mormon women would Never date, much less marry, any man who was in the least bit unworthy morally!" YES...he said that! Women love womanizers, and that includes Mormon women.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.