Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 08:47PM

Of course, it isn't just TBMs who act this way, but they seem to be the worst!!!! I just wish they would STFU!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 08:47PM by Tristan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 09:21PM

Consider that there are times when rolling your eyes is entirely appropriate.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 11:07PM

Oh I know.

Except today I got yelled at by one, & another hung the phone up on me.

They don't listen. They think they are superior. No one else's feelings matter to them.

Posted by: hopefulhusband ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 11:05AM

For me, the worst is, "I am praying for you."

How could something like that be taken badly by me, you may ask? Well, it assumes that I have problems beyond my ability to comprehend or deal with.

After explaining to my m-i-l one of my many issues about joseph smith sleeping with young girls....again, only 1 of my many issues with this man, she shook her head, in a condescending way, and let me know she'd be praying for me.

Because, you know, I'm the one in the wrong. not the guy porking 14-16 year old girls....

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 02:55AM

It really can be a lot to handle.

Coming here to vent always leaves me feeling satisfied.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 10:43AM

It can be very frustrating. Especially when totally mindless robots, who believe the tales of old Joe the con artist, hook line and sinker, talk to you like YOU'RE the stupid one.

You just want to say, "honey, don't you have some crafts to do or some jello to make or some holy undies to wash? Don't try to act like you're thinking for yourself, it only makes you look more ignorant that you actually are, if that's possible."

Posted by: Meri ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 10:46AM

What happened?

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 11:09AM

Well, in all fairness, they pay 10 percent of their gross income for someone to inflate their pride, confirm they are better than everyone else, feed their narcissism. They are constantly taught they are chosen, special, have super-secret information about how the world works and in general, are better than those who don't want to work so hard to be as special as Mormons are. Because that's basically all Mormonism boils down to: Pay the money, be our slave and we will tell you that you are better than everyone else.

What really takes the wind out of their sails is to look at them, shrug and say "I really don't care what you think, you aren't important, you don't matter. Maybe if you were someone who was looked up to or admired, I'd take your opinion seriously but since you aren't, I'm going to ignore you now."

Say it calmly and in a totally non-plussed way, the way you'd address the guy who lives in the dumpster behind WalMart if he tried to tell you that you weren't living your life right. You know the tone - calm, slightly amused, slightly bemused. It's harsh but bullies do their thing because they are allowed to get away with it. Give them a verbal hand slap and they'll think twice about messing with you. And most of all, remember what Eleanor Roosevelt said "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." You are better than people who behave like that and I know you are because this sort of treatment bothers you - you can recognize right from wrong and those TBMs annoying you can't.

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 03:37PM

"Or you could eat some ice cream for me, for all the effect it will have on me. One of us might as well get some enjoyment from it."

Posted by: ex_sushi_chef ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 05:56PM

probably good antidote is prayer like: heavenly father, please bless this condescending guy/gal/person in the name of jesus christ ahmen, the shorter the better but complete one, with sincereness. maybe immediate, right-before-the-person, even with articulate manner might go further better, i havent tried that one.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.