Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: November 28, 2014 12:20PM

I don't know if this is true, but in light of what we know today, it would certainly make sense........

"Joseph Smith taught that the Earth was created like a cake, from ingredients of different ages. Just like a cake was made from wheat that is a year old, eggs from a few days and milk fresh this morning from the cow, so too, the Earth is made from parts of different ages."
See Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pages 350-352.

Plus, we helped too!!! I remember making a clay ashtray....

God did not create the physical Earth Himself. Actually, all of us helped out. Under the direction of Jesus and Adam, we created the Earth. Some of us created trees, others created rocks and still others created animals, based on God's blueprints. See Abraham 3:22-24, Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1, pages 74-75.

http://www.i4m.com/think/lists/mormon_science.htm

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac177/baking_ranna/ccearthcake12_zps55b3a685.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: November 28, 2014 12:39PM

And that always begs the question, then when did the material from other ages get created?

[But] It's Turtles All the Way Down:

“William James, father of American psychology, tells of meeting an old lady who told him the Earth rested on the back of a huge turtle. "But, my dear lady", Professor James asked, as politely as possible, "what holds up the turtle?" "Ah", she said, "that's easy. He is standing on the back of another turtle." "Oh, I see", said Professor James, still being polite. "But would you be so good as to tell me what holds up the second turtle?" "It's no use, Professor", said the old lady, realizing he was trying to lead her into a logical trap. "It's turtles-turtles-turtles, all the way!”

— from Wilson, R.A. (1983, 1997) Prometheus Rising. Phoenix, AZ: New Falcon Publishers, 1983.

The common Mo response, it that it's been there forever, makes no sense, either.

Date: November 28, 2014 12:57PM

...the only logical explanation is that Betty Crocker was one of God's original wives. How else would the Earth have been created through a cake mix?

Wait.......no, maybe God's spirit children had a hand in it.......

http://www.opednews.com/populum/uploaded/betty-crocker-changed-22149-20131014-763.jpg

http://www.museumofplay.org/online-collections/images/Z002/Z00223/Z0022321.jpg

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 28, 2014 01:05PM

Actually, it was Heavenly Mother in the Kolob celestial kitchen. She likes to wear June Cleaver high heals and dresses. There's never any frosting on her very modest dress. She uses a spatula to gently swirl the frosting--thus creating ocean waves.

It's just that her name and duties are so sacred that we don't talk about them. The Boner.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 28, 2014 01:08PM

Next time I'm in Trader Joe's, I'm going to ask if they have a mix with dinosaur bones.

Dinosaur bones from SPACE, not that cheap stuff....

Posted by: In a hurry ( )
Date: November 28, 2014 06:12PM

So HF is Duncan Hines?

Posted by: In a hurry ( )
Date: November 28, 2014 06:24PM

Great photos! The first may show the hazards of cake-eating without proper dental hygiene afterwards (eroding dinosaur bones), while the second is so timely--carving a roast tapir for Thanksgiving.

Date: November 28, 2014 06:48PM

...well, there are even cases where the best LDS dentists will shirk their responsibilities. Remember to floss!!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9b/42/2e/9b422eba0c9f48c1dd68f0cb0c692d9d.jpg

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 28, 2014 06:52PM

Yeah, but it was licked.

Date: November 28, 2014 06:56PM

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: November 28, 2014 07:00PM

The earth is like unto a five year old fruitcake that passes from one planet god to the next you see.

Plenty of fruits and nuts in both as we all too plainly see.

Date: November 28, 2014 07:04PM

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: November 28, 2014 07:08PM

I have to confess. I was the one assigned to make the horses for North and Central America. I got some of the instruction manual mixed up with the elephant and hippos instruction book and ended up with this funny looking animal with a weird snout. I called it a horse anyway and hoped no one would notice. Everything was going fine until some idiot wrote some book called the Book of Mormon and spotlighted my "horses."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.