Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 12:02PM

I've only been on 2 years, and at first my non-mo friends would have had to really click on a profile and look to know I was friends with mo's.

But now it's obvious. All these "Like" things for temples, GA's, Monson, etc. etc. are showing up all over in the past year.

Any never-mo friend would see that something crazy is going on with my friends, before they wouldn't have.

Is that everyone elses experience too?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anon ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 12:17PM

about two years ago (maybe four, I've been in school for a while) the church changed position on web presence. (there was a time when no ward/church affiliated group was allowed to maintain an official web presence.) PR needed some time to 'troll-proof' (and as many of you are aware, they did a lousy job.)

I remember hearing from a number of TBM friends that their bishops or stake-presidents had announced that 'youth were not to have facebooks.' certainly not official policy by any means, but I'd heard about it happening in enough places to give me pause.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 12:33PM

It seemed to spout up after the LDS Church had all the Wards close their web sites. I don't recall the date, but it was probably over five years ago.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.