Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: August 05, 2015 04:05PM

“I’ve often said that our biggest challenge with Church history is simply that our members don’t study enough of it,” said Assistant Church Historian Richard E. Turley Jr.

http://www.ldsliving.com/Church-Releases-Original-Book-of-Mormon-Manuscript/s/79633

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hopefulhusband ( )
Date: August 05, 2015 04:09PM

The best defense is a good offense....and the church cannot admit to being wrong or apologize....so....

FORWARD with the blame game.

"It's the member's fault for not studying enough."

Granted, had the member studied too much and asked too many questions, (s)he would've been given a court of love.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 05, 2015 04:19PM

hopefulhusband Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Granted, had the member studied too much and asked
> too many questions, (s)he would've been given a
> court of love.

^^^Exactly.

Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: August 05, 2015 04:21PM

YEP! And they couldn't study NON church sources. And how easy was this stuff to find via church sources before?

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 05, 2015 04:24PM

Back in the day you could find this if you had older church books but most members didn't have access to any of them. I'm glad for the internet!

Posted by: fakeempire ( )
Date: August 05, 2015 04:44PM

That is SUCH bullshit. The church's so-called "biggest challenge" is its history, and the fact that they can't keep it hidden anymore. Turley is a lying hypocrite. I can't believe he's trying to blame this on the members.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 05, 2015 04:48PM

you so. Tell them you took the counsel of the leaders to marry your gay boyfriend and all the members said I should have been thinking for myself. Huh? What did they teach me growing up? The leaders had a closer connection to God and had discernment.

Let's not even talk about the suicidal ideation and severe depression I had at the time. Nope, it was all my fault.

It is never the leaders' fault. Even those who didn't know about the stone will tell you now they did know. I'm not even going to ask my TBM daughter.

Someone on mormon VIP lounge on facebook said, "Have you noticed how all the TBMs aren't posting about the seer stone?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2015 04:48PM by cl2.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.