Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 01:45PM

This one isn't entirely off-topic; those of us who lived through the racist LDS practices of the 1960's and 70's remember Bond as an extraordinary figure; one of my early "Ex-mormon heroes" was John W. Fitzgerald, the principal of the elementary school Steve Benson, myself, and former board regulars including et in utah ego attended. Dr. Fitzgerald was excommunicated from the LDS Church for his "activism" on the issue of blacks holding the priesthood. He was one the most intellectually honest men I was ever privileged to know, and my only regret is I didn't discuss things in more depth the last time I saw him. He passed away in the 90's, and I made it a point to attend his funeral--Douglas Wallace spoke--to see if he'd returned to the church, but he hadn't, of course.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/longtime-civil-rights-activist-bond-dead-75-33112360

LDS "revisionists" are trying vainly to sweep the "Curse of Caine" era under the rug, but like the Mountain Meadows Massacre, some of us refuse to let them perpetuate their crimes against history.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 02:28PM

I thought I saw him walking over the hill with Abraham, Martin and John.

Posted by: Saucie not signed in apparentl ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 02:35PM

Too bad there isn't a law of nature that states "For every unselfish person who tries to make the world a better place,
two will be born in his place when he dies."

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 03:20PM

I admired Julian Bond a great deal. I was still in college in the late 60s and followed his career for many years. Thank Zeus by then I was out of Utah. I'm sorry he is gone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.