Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cwm31s ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 07:51PM

My fellow brother who is out on his own pathetic mission had this to say in his weekly letter today. I had to laugh loudly and curse about this for several minutes:

We are working with lots of great investigators right now. [Name Protected] is a [Age Protected]-year-old who had a dream clearly telling her that the Church was true. She has an unwavering testimony of the Church now and wants to be baptized - we are just helping her overcome some doubts she has and helping her to not be afraid of showing her faith to enter into a covenant with the Lord. She´s afraid of falling away from the Church after being baptized. She´ll be baptized for sure, we just don´t know when. But I know she will be strong afterwards because she´s taking the time to clear up these doubts and make sure that she´s doing the right thing.

What say you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 08:14PM

No words...just a giant eye roll.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 09:08PM

I say if you think dreams are magical, you just may be a mormon.

(with apologies to Jeff Foxworthy)

Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 05:16PM

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 07:27PM

If you think translations of ancient books come from rocks, you just may be a Mormon.

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 09:58PM

I'd bet she doesn't get baptized. She is trying to be nice to the mishies but will figure out a way to back away. JMHO

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 05:29PM

Dreams?? I can't tell you how many dreams I've had where a good-looking woman has come on to *me*, but naturally, just when it just starts getting good...

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 07:54PM

She is taking her time and studying church doctrine. So I think she will accidentally find out something bad about the church and not join.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 12:20AM

This (age protected) investigator sounds like a kid. Hope she's not getting sucked into baptism because she has a crush on the missionary. Hope her parents know what's happening. I was 12 when I converted and I knew practically zip about Mormonism as well as any other religion.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 11:45AM

If she doesn't get married within a year of joining (assuming she's not a minor), I say she goes inactive. When the newness of mormonism wears off, the drudgery begins.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 11:52AM

Well obviously she should "doubt her doubts." Thanks Uchdorf for that ridiculous and potentially dangerous bit.

Posted by: iflewover ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 02:21PM

Maybe he should look up the definition of "unwavering".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.