Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 26, 2014 07:12AM

I ran across this yesterday:

<<When I got sober, I realized my girlfriend was psychotic and all my friends were @ssholes.>>

Realizing Mormonism is fake is similar to getting sober. We see our reality differently. We see the people around us differently. "Oh crap! They're crazy, but I thought they were normal. I must have been crazy, too."

The same way recovering alcoholics need to shed their drinking buddies, recovering from Mormonism usually means shedding Mormons from our lives. Unfortunately.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: copolt ( )
Date: November 26, 2014 07:45AM

Thanks, but to my surprise they were more prepared to ditch my wife and myself than the other way round.

But leaving TSCC acted like a friendship-filter that over the last decade has proved to be very useful. It revealed how damaged they were through overdosing on Mormonism.

When we bump into them on the street they seem to be embarrassed by their shallowness. Regards.

Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: November 26, 2014 08:21AM

The majority of my mormon friends have abandoned us, a few people that tried to stay around to keep us in the faith have been shed by us.

A couple weeks ago though I went to an event and ran into a woman who I've know for 18 years, someone who claimed when we left that I was a good friend of hers and how sad she was for me. Well I tried to make small talk with her, asking about her children, and she totally snubbed me. I was as kind as could be, sometimes kindness is the best method, I know I walked away from that situation as the better person.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: November 26, 2014 07:50AM

Guy is "weller" than I was. I didn't start to get that perspective until I hit the five year mark.

Must've been a high bottom drunk.

I still have Mormons I love, but I almost never see them. They're too busy with church callings, etc. The culture requires they be kept busy--and essentially isolated--in order to maintain the delusional state. If they stop to think, reality intrudes.

Anyway, Big Guy, I ran into Joel's dad at a Will Bagley presentation two weeks ago. Seeing him was definitely a spiritual experience. Plus I found this nice story about him online. Google "Ed" plus his last name, and check out the ksl.com story. That one's a throat grabber.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: November 26, 2014 11:18AM

Yep. Mormon friends and relatives are too busy on the weekends to do anything more than a Saturday visit. Sunday is for God you know.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: November 26, 2014 11:20AM

Recovering from a "disease" concocted for profit is like recovering from a religion concocted for profit?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.