Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: October 17, 2015 02:43AM

Well, there were some bright moments and some disappointing moments in closing out the pool stages.

First off, to everyone's disappointment Wales did not beat the ozzees. So they face the cheap shot meat eaters on Saturday. In addition, everyone's favorite team (France) lost in poor form to the sharper looking Irish. So everybody's favorite team will face the team protected by referees or criminal gambling syndicates - Newe Zeelund - on Saturday as well. I think Wales has a shot at a victory, but everybody's favorite team has been yoked with the worst coach to ever show up for any team in any RWC, so I don't see them advancing beyond the QF. Although PSA sucks enough to ensure defeat, I still have a feeling that some gambling syndicate referee will affect the outcome - just like 2011.

Secondly, it was great to see the Scots own their destiny and take Samoa down to advance without any help from other pool teams. I'm not optimistic about them overcoming the ozzees, but I might just pray to Wotan tonight to provide a good outcome for them. In addition, the one solid win I will predict is Ire v Arg. Sure the Argies have provided some problems for Ireland going back several RWCs, but I like the clover boys this time. It's too bad Schmidt wasn't there from 2003 - 2011.

Thirdly (do not pronounce this if you are Irish), who are you English folks voting for now? I would imagine that it is France because you are thankful that William the Conqueror brought polysyllabic words to that bogland. But, I guess you never know.

Here's my predictions...let's hear yours!

Cheap Shot Boks 17 - 24 Wales
NZ 34 - 17 France
Ireland 31 -15 Arg
Ozzees 36 - 18 Scotland

Siog, I saw your message in the last thread and I hope the happiness continues for you guys on the Emerald Isle!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2015 02:45AM by templeendumbed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Dude ( )
Date: October 17, 2015 03:02AM

Well shamrocks for it all!

I used to work in Chicago
I used 5o work in the store
I used to work in chicago
I don't work there anymore. . .

Posted by: síóg ( )
Date: October 17, 2015 10:10AM

I don't know how it will go, Templeendumbed, though I appreciate your vote of confidence in Ireland. Ireland have never made it to the semifinals, and we lost our captain and Big Man, Paul O'Connell, in that brutal match Sunday.

We also lost O'Mahony, and Jonny Sexton looks vulnerable. And, durdly (how'd I do?) Sean O'Brien disqualified for the day. That's nearly a third of those who started not starting.

However, it's a good side and Schmidt is a strong coach. We'll see. Here's hoping.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: October 17, 2015 11:28AM

Oddly enough, I find myself in France on a business trip about to watch the New Zealand vs France QF.

Going to find a bar to watch the game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2015 11:28AM by scotslander.

Date: October 17, 2015 11:36AM

That will be interesting. Tough match for the French, though. Enjoy!

Date: October 17, 2015 04:52PM

Ouch.

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: October 17, 2015 11:59PM

That was more than an ouch! That was screams from an innocent Moroccan that Cheney had extraordinarily renditioned to Poland.

Absolutely abysmal!

I hope the Utes will win big and bring me out of my funk.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.