Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 20, 2015 01:45PM

This is a victory dance for the little guy, on the short end of the Ponzi scam run by Madoff.

For those who were robbed blind, this news comes as a silver lining and a welcome relief. ;)

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/most-madoff-victims-will-now-get-all-their-money-back-n447791

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 20, 2015 02:00PM

Now for those who spent years and thousands of dollars (or more,) on tithes & offerings, wouldn't it be sweet to get that back someday?!

I know, just dreamin'. ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2015 02:01PM by amyjo.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: October 20, 2015 02:07PM

Or even their descendants!????

Date: October 20, 2015 02:47PM

We'd all be millionaires, or close enough. Especially if interest were added onto prior donations. Combine that with our ancestors, it would feel like we won the lotto!

Posted by: iflewover ( )
Date: October 20, 2015 03:30PM

Thank Goodness!

Thought I was going to have to work the rest of my life.

Wait. You said Madoff? Crap, I read that as Made Off. Cuz that's what LDS Inc. did with over $250k of my funds.

Back to work.

Date: October 20, 2015 05:24PM

You got taken far worse than I did.

My condolences to you, big time. :(

The last time I paid tithing to a ward clerk, I discovered later he used the cash I'd placed in the envelope for his own personal gain.

So much for my reaping blessings. He did for me. And his narcotic addicted wife, and crazy family. Her parents had their children removed from their home for upwards of a year because of her addictions.

I figured perhaps he really did need it that badly to steal it. It was also a witness to me how human and helpless some in the morg were, to stoop so low.

Years later, when I returned for a brief stint, the rules had changed to where we could only give our tithing money in envelopes to the bishop or one of his counselors. Word must've spread upward, though it wasn't me who narced that arse out. It was my last day so I wrote it off as his bad karma.

I also only used checks after that. Makes a heck of a lot more sense, if only for a paper trail.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.