Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 11:08AM

In the past two weeks I have been called, texted, emailed, and visited by various visiting teachers, Institute leaders, RS Society women, sister missionaries, etc etc. I have told them specifically (in writing) several times to please stop contacting me because I am no longer part of the church (and haven't been for nearly 5 years now). I was out when they visited (I believe this was a visiting teacher? It's been a while and I don't remember all the titles), so they spoke to my husband and tried to convince him to take visits with me. This has happened to me every month (minus the visits--I always get electronic correspondence but not always in person visits) since I left, and I have moved several times since then and now live in an entirely different part of the country.

I have tried ignoring, requesting politely that they not contact me or my family, and even describing in detail the reasons that I no longer believe or wish to be associated with the church. I've even sent links to websites they would consider anti-Mormon. Recently, for whatever reason, they have ramped up their contact to an even higher degree and I am starting to feel harassed. I also especially don't want them to bother my family. I have blocked numbers in the past, but different people call and text each time, I suppose so they can ignore my requests to stop. I don't know why they've targeted me or if they do this to everyone. Has anyone been through this? What was your course of action?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2015 11:10AM by woodsmoke.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 11:14AM

Try resigning.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 11:16AM

Have you formally resigned? If not, are you able to do so?

If you have resigned, I would contact the Member Records department in SLC, and inform them about the continued harassment.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 11:29AM

Maybe it hinges on where you live. After I resigned and requested no further contact, that's exactly what has happened except for one robocall that I dealt with. Were I resident in the southern Alberta Moridor I reckon it would be more problematic.

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2015 11:55AM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 11:30AM

I've had the same problem over the years. I was nice, not nice, even less nice, mean, etc. and they never stopped. Thought the most recent time when my husband really let them have it would stop it for a while. Nope. I got a call where they told me I was assigned to feed the missionaries (bs to that), and a visiting teacher left a message on my phone. That was the last straw. I finally sent in my resignation. That should end calls from visiting teachers and a few other things, but I doubt it will stop them from sending missionaries to my door.

Good luck.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 11:49AM

Call or knock on the door of the RS Pres. and Bishop at 12 pm and 4 am and say you will keep contacting them if anyone in the ward keeps contacting you.

That normally works!

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 11:52AM

Formally resign, it works great.

Posted by: jojo ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 11:57AM

You have to resign. That will take you name off their membership rolls. Just telling them you want no contact might work for a while, but when new ward leadership takes over or you move to different ward, they won't know about your no contact request.
After resigning the only thing you might see is the missionaries who happen to knock on your door while tracting houses.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 11:58AM

Be FIRM. Tell them NO.

Don't give an inch. Rebuff every contact attempt with one or two curt words.

DH and I finally filed with the police and sent copies to any name we knew in the ward. That worked for years. Then they returned and I sprayed them with a garden hose. They haven't been back.

Yes, I had officially resigned early in this process. It helped somewhat, but not enough.

Some wards like the one where I live are more aggressive than others.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 12:12PM

You don't have to formally resign. Just tell them you no longer believe. Thats what I did. It worked.
Tell them to stop bothering you or you will call the police .

You don't have to put up with that .

Posted by: jojo ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 02:16PM

It might work in some placesfor a while but if you move your records will follow you and the new ward wont know about the no contact request.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 02:29PM

its worked for me for the last ten years.

They don't bother me. If they ever started I'd tell them

I'd call the police. Its not a big problem.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 02:04PM

Every time one of them comes to your door say "Hey! come on in let's get naked and party"

This should cause a rapid decline in visits.

Date: October 21, 2015 11:56PM

Unless you have a super kinky Bishop or HT. ;)

Posted by: darkprincess ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 02:26PM

Every ward is different. For some you can simply say "no" and ask for no contact. For others even resigning will not help.
I think there is an escalating scale of possible actions and you can begin at any step and move up:
Quit all callings
Stop attending
Request no VT or HT
Request no contact
Resign formally
Formally request no contact
Hang a polite sign on front door saying no Mormon visits
Hang a not so polite sign saying no Mormon visits (quote temple phrase about loud laughter...)
Threaten legal action/no trespass order/call police
Move, change name, etc

Most people I know found that resigning stopped most contact

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 02:27PM

This is what I did. (Includes my Door Sign for extreme cases!)

When I have had persistent , inappropriate, rude contact from LDS Folks, (missionaries, for instance) I use my Front Door Sign and watch them read it. It's priceless.

My Door Sign to keep the Mormons away.
Once they read it, it spreads through the Mormon Grape Vine like wild fire, which is what I counted on. :-) This will stop the request for "No Contact" which does not work well with the Mormons, or even Resignation that is not respected and contact is made.

NOTICE:

I am under no obligation to:
avoid all loud laughter,
lightmindedness,
evil speaking of the lords anointed
or any other impure or unholy practice

Enter at you own risk
Rachel, My New Name

(Big Smiley Face here!)

I put it on the inside of the window in my door then I watched the Mormons that came to my door read it! It was priceless. Only needed to use it once.

For those that have been to the temple, this statement is from The Law of the Gospel, one of the temple covenants. As the temple is so sacred it is not to be discussed, seeing this statement on a door can be quite a shock! And humorous to observe the reader.

Law of the Gospel: We are required to give unto you the Law of the Gospel as contained in the Holy Scriptures; to give unto you also a charge to avoid all lightmindedness, loud laughter, evil speaking of the Lord's anointed, the taking of the name of God in vain, and every other unholy and impure practice, and to cause you to receive these by covenant.

REST HERE:
http://www.lds4u.com/lesson5/templecovenants.htm

Date: October 21, 2015 11:57PM

I still love this!

Posted by: Aussieblokesarebest ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 05:23PM

I was getting stalked by the Morgbots in Sydney and they wouldn't take no for an answer.

In the end, I got a lawyer to write up a formal "Cease and Desist" letter and got it hand delivered to the local Penisholders as well as getting copies sent to the area authorities and the COB.

It wasn't expensive at all really.

Guess how many times I've seen and heard from them since?

Best value for money. Ever!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 05:25PM

It goes in spurts. I don't think there is any clear way to stop the contact. Resigning might help. It might not. I was never going to resign, but did for other reasons. Glad I did.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 21, 2015 06:47PM

cl2, you are kind of a special case. Resigning cuts back contact for most people. If they move after resigning, the new ward is likely to have no idea they were ever Mormon, and they will be totally off the radar.

You live in the same house you have lived in for years, your daughter is still a TBM, and all your ward members are also your immediate neighbors. If you have any contact with your neighbors at all, you are also having contact with The Churchâ„¢.

For people who have moved or are not well known in the local ward, or where the whole family has resigned, resigning is quite effective at keeping LDS Inc at a safe distance.

For people in a situation like yours, yeah, they're going to have to deal with Mormons from time to time.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 01:06AM

Tell them to FUCK off and DIE and mean it. It worked for me. I haven't heard a word from them ever since I told them that.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 01:15AM

Lol. They hate the "F" word. It's like Garlic to a vampire, or Kryptonite to superman. The "F" word will melt a mormon like the bucket of water thrown on the Wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz.

Posted by: Firm ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 03:14AM

You didn't provide any specific details of the conversations, so it's hard to offer much help in this case.

What has each individual, or pair, said they are there for? Do you greet them warmly, mormonly? Or do you say 'how may I help you', as if you weren't lds? Do they call you by name?

You can ignore texts, calls, emails and stranger's knocks at the door you know. I'm not taking the bait. What are some of the anti things you spoke of yet didn't specify?

It is hard to believe that multiple local members mysteriously got your telephone number, email address and home address, after 5 years of moving and inactivity or resignation, and decidedly planned/ succeeded in bombarding you all at once, and after you supposedly made it clear, even in writing, that you didn't want contacts.

It sounds like you and your husband need to get on the same page... and if you are LDS, resign AGAIN today (meaning contact an attorney, and call the cob) if it bothers you as much as you say it does. It sounds like you are telling different people different information, stories. It helps to have a form letter and give everybody the same information.

If you want to get out of the clutches of the stalkers/ "church", you'll find a way.

woodsmoke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the past two weeks I have been called, texted, emailed, and visited by various visiting teachers,
> Institute leaders, RS Society women, sister missionaries, etc etc. I have told them
> specifically (in writing) several times to please
> stop contacting me because I am no longer part of
> the church (and haven't been for nearly 5 years
> now). I was out when they visited (I believe this
> was a visiting teacher? It's been a while and I
> don't remember all the titles), so they spoke to
> my husband and tried to convince him to take
> visits with me. This has happened to me every
> month (minus the visits--I always get electronic
> correspondence but not always in person visits)
> since I left, and I have moved several times since
> then and now live in an entirely different part of
> the country.
>
> I have tried ignoring, requesting politely that
> they not contact me or my family, and even
> describing in detail the reasons that I no longer
> believe or wish to be associated with the church.
> I've even sent links to websites they would
> consider anti-Mormon. Recently, for whatever
> reason, they have ramped up their contact to an
> even higher degree and I am starting to feel
> harassed. I also especially don't want them to
> bother my family. I have blocked numbers in the
> past, but different people call and text each
> time, I suppose so they can ignore my requests to
> stop. I don't know why they've targeted me or if
> they do this to everyone. Has anyone been through
> this? What was your course of action?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 04:47AM

People in their homes have every right to say who may come to their door. There's no need to explain or rationalize who is banned from a private home. Legal reasons could be eye color or dress length. It's no one's business.

Mormons and many exmos see official church visitors as the moral authorities or as people they must pander to. In truth Mormon strangers are simply deluded stalkers. There's no way to reason with them. They're puppets and their cult pulls the strings.

They want attention for taking the time to visit people who have asked them to leave them alone. Their lives are bland and meaningless and they try to collect stories of how they press on and visit the unwilling.

They simply do not care that they are imposing. In fact they like it.

What they don't like is receiving letters from lawyers or seeing that someone has filed a police report on them. They don't like being flipped off or being called the F-word. They shiver in their shoes if they think someone is spreading ugly tales about them to neighbors and local officials. They hate looking like fools which is how they feel if anyone sprinkles them with hose water in their yard or a spray bottle if they live in an apartment.

No matter the time of day or night, I'm certain Mormons would not like having exmo strangers come to their doors with exmo reading materials or packets of free coffee and tea. They wouldn't like finding packages of condoms or advertisement for tattoo parlors on the porches.

Exmos are imbued with residual indoctrination and they tend to try to be examples of kindness and reasonableness but TBMs are not reasonable. They're driven.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2015 05:56AM by Cheryl.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.