Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: waterevil12 ( )
Date: November 30, 2014 11:12PM

It is funny. Exlds is all about having an equal arguement. They have a point by saying the lds church doesn't promote criticism, yet exlds deletes any post that promotes the Mormon Church such as my testimony of why I want to serve a mission.

If you all think the Mormon Church is brainwashing; think again. Exlds wants you to disbelieve the doctrine of the Mormon Church because Satan has grabbed ahold of the administrator's hearts.

Why else would they delete posts of testimonies that have heard both sides of the arguement and made their decision?

Why is it that every one of their stories is negative towards the Mormon Church?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2014 11:49PM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder OldDog ( )
Date: November 30, 2014 11:25PM

Whenever I go to Mormon(dot)com to convince the missionaries of all their errors, they hang up on me!!! What's your explanation for that, young Future Elder?

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 30, 2014 11:25PM

I think you've failed to grasp the purpose of this forum. It says "Recovery from Mormonism."

When one is recovering from something, they don't necessarily need to have people promoting the very thing that they're trying to recover from. They should be able to recover in peace.

I don't believe that Satan has grabbed any part of me, because I don't even believe in that being in the first place.

Stating, "Exlds wants you to disbelieve the doctrine of the Mormon Church," is not correct.

We're not out to try and get anyone to disbelieve something. We're here because we're trying to heal so that we can put the organization behind us.

For those of us who feel that we have healed and are still here, it's because we've made friends here and/or because we can help those who are newly struggling. I feel cared about and supported here. I am not supported in the Mormon Church.

Date: November 30, 2014 11:32PM

Correct, but somewhere along you life Satan has convinced you the church is false and now Satan has tricked you into following him. That is why you are trying to convince people Jesus's Church is false.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: November 30, 2014 11:39PM

Please provide evidence that Satan exists.

Please provide evidence that Jesus exists.

I bet you can't do it. Satan and Jesus are just like all those other fictional entities. Just like Zeus and Thor. Why don't you believe in Zeus and Thor?

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: November 30, 2014 11:49PM

Time to study on your own and spit out the baby food kid.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 07:01AM

It's not Satan who has convinced me that LDS is a false church - it's LDS, with its nasty history which it tries to hide and its constant lying when found out, its insistence that sexuality is a choice when it's clear to the rest of the world that it's inborn, its belittling of women, etc., etc.

I could go on for much longer, but bandwidth is expensive, so I'll just leave you with one last question:

Why do Mormons think that a "testimony" of what they believe will cause someone listening to believe the same thing?

Persuasion just doesn't work like that...

Tom in Paris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 07:07AM by Soft Machine.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:52AM

waterevil12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Correct, but somewhere along you life Satan has
> convinced you the church is false and now Satan
> has tricked you into following him. That is why
> you are trying to convince people Jesus's Church
> is false.

"Satan" is imaginary, junior.
You're the one that's been "tricked."

Posted by: Tapirrider ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 07:04AM

"Correct, but somewhere along you life Satan has convinced you the church is false and now Satan has tricked you into following him. That is why you are trying to convince people Jesus's Church is false."

Kid, the Book of Mormon is morally condemnable. The lies found in it convince people like you that America's indigenous peoples are cursed unless they join your church. It teaches that American Indians lost their lands because they followed Satan.

I was a member of your church for 49 years. Satan had nothing to do with why I resigned.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/107573984212894845783/about

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 08:44AM

"That is why you are trying to convince people Jesus's Church is false."

Jesus never had a church. He had a ministry. The LDS church fails at both

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 12:13PM

I believe he is a troll just playing with us. If I am wrong, then any one this ignorant and arrogant will not be an effective missionary. He will push any reasonable investigator out of joining Mormonism. He will hound 'in-actives' out of the church. He will drive his companions insane to the point they will join the growing list of those going home early. Active members will be so put-off with his behavior they will become inactive. So let's encourage him to go on his mission - assuming he is for real.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 12:16PM by Eric K.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 03:50PM

waterevil12 Wrote:
> Correct, but somewhere along you life Satan has
> convinced you the church is false and now Satan
> has tricked you into following him. That is why
> you are trying to convince people Jesus's Church
> is false.

Who told you it belonged to Jesus? You should think of it as your church. Jesus would never take anything that rightly belonged to you. The church can't take the truth and it can't (doesn't) dish it out either.

You can only catch the devil with your tail - and why would you want to chase that?

M@t

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: November 30, 2014 11:33PM

Because a board for EX-Mormons is not for you, if you are a believing Mormon. Similarly, I do not walk into a Mormon church and bear my testimony to everyone there that I know the teachings of the church are NOT true. It would be rude and unwelcome, no matter how right I am.

Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: November 30, 2014 11:36PM

Satan!?!?! Hahaha! Let's see I come here because I am far happier now as an ex-mormon. Let's see what are the sins that make me happier as an ex-mormon over being a mormon…I actually get to hang out with my family, we have more money to provide for our kids, my husband can be a father rather than being at endless church meetings. Yep, sure sounds like satan has taken over my life. What a joke.

Date: November 30, 2014 11:38PM

Satan is deceitful with his words and wants you to believe not paying tithing and disobeying commandments is a good thing. In reality you are unhappy because of following Satan. There is no need to lie to people at church.

Date: November 30, 2014 11:42PM

The church is the liar. Have you read the CES letter? What about all the essays the church has quietly released? Did you ever think maybe Stan was leading the church, you know with their constant lies and the fact the church was started by a child rapist, con man.

Date: November 30, 2014 11:46PM

There is no need to lie to people at church? There is great need to lie to people at church. The leaders end up doing it frequently. For example, there are the new gospel topic essays on lds.org. They state that many things are true which mostly only anti-Mormons and secular historians claimed were true in the past. There were Mormon historians excommunicated for writing these facts in the past, but now the church is saying the same things and saying they are true.

I think the LDS church needs to stop lying to the members.

Posted by: Tom Padley ( )

I am not following Satan, nor do I believe in him. I'm on this board to recover from the delusions of Mormonism. Satan has nothing to do with anything on this board. It's all about objectively investigating the claims of the Mormon church. You are wasting your time and energy with these folks. Spend it more wisely with your delusional friends.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: November 30, 2014 11:51PM

Yes, lets just use THE DEVIL as your argument and scapegoat for everything. Sounds like you've been programmed well by the church. Muslims could say the same thing about you.

The only person you are impressing is yourself. Now if you are REALLY serious about looking at BOTH sides study up on the following before making silly posts about Satan and making a fool of yourself around here.

http://cesletter.com/
http://packham.n4m.org/tract.htm
http://mormonthink.com/

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 10:59AM

Do you think your mad rantings are going to convince any of us? You sound like an adolescent. I've spent a lot more time studying the church both inside and out than you possibly could have.

Other than invoking Satan and other bogeymen, do you have anything to add to the conversation?

Date: November 30, 2014 11:45PM

I disagree with you because you are wrong and I am right. The Church is true and we should all go back to the fold to live with Heavenly Father. Have you ever been unhappy since you left the church? If so that means the church is true.

Date: November 30, 2014 11:48PM

Come on now kid! You can do better than THAT!

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: November 30, 2014 11:51PM

The mormon church has lied constantly to 5 generations of my family, and continues to do so. You have no clue what you're talking about. You haven't done your homework. You have zero credibility.

Date: November 30, 2014 11:53PM

"Have you ever been unhappy since you left the church? If so that means the church is true."

The logic of this argument does not work.

If what you say is true, then if a person was ever unhappy while a member of the church, then that means the church is not true. This argument helps and hurts both sides of the controversy equally, and therefore is of no use at all.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:25AM

You don't get it, Mormons are always happy!

Just ask them, they'll tell you.

When they're not they've sinned, or failed to do what Mormon told them to do, or Mormon is testing them.

Being Mormon is happiness, wickedness never was happiness. Mormonism is happiness. Be a Mormon. Be happy! In the name of Joseph Christ. Amen.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: November 30, 2014 11:58PM

You look like a nice chew toy.

Who wants to live with your H.F. anyway? Endless polygamy and old ferret-face Jozeph Smith? Feh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 12:01AM by The StalkerDog™.

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:04AM

waterevil12 Wrote:
> I disagree with you because you are wrong and I am
> right. The Church is true and we should all go
> back to the fold to live with Heavenly Father.
> Have you ever been unhappy since you left the
> church? If so that means the church is true.

I get this feeling that Susan is creating a thread to replay on April 1.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:17AM

Here is his testamonkey that was pulled.

I am going on my mission

I am a Senior in High School. I have read a lot of exlds literature and ex testimonies. I understand that: people don't have the gospel of Jesus Christ centered in their family, they don't follow God's priesthood guidance, and they reject Jesus Christ's church. Although I am the only Mormon in my family, I have felt the spirit in families that are centered around Christ and I know that only true happiness comes from following Jesus Christ and keeping his commandments. I want to be a missionary. I know I was born for a reason and I will serve wherever Heavenly Father wants me to serve. I want a family that loves me and will always accept me no matter how much money I make. I will treasure my future family until the day that I die.

Posted by: ferdchet ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 08:33AM

I'm guessing this guy is just here to troll. Not really a missionary, and based on his words, probably not even a Mormon.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:20AM

It would not hide anything away from historians. It would be proud to open it's finances and show the good it has done. Instead of distancing itself from JS using stones in a hat to "translate" gold plats, it would trot it out front and center not act ashamed.

If you church was true, they would welcome scrutiny, not try to dismiss it as "anti"

Posted by: Hugh ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:02PM

I was EXTREMELY unappy as a mormon AND I am extremely happy as an ex-mormon. Ergo' the church is not true. And when I found out about Fanny, Hellen Mars Kimbal, and the magic peep stone and stove top hat - I said to myself - "no wonder I've been so unhappy."

Date: November 30, 2014 11:47PM

But be gentle, he is still in highschool. Waterevil12, you stray off this thread I will put you out. You are a ONE TIME treat for the rest of the board. This is not your room. Any question about that, mail admin at ExMoLight@gmail.com but I have more important things to do than play with you. Like playing Shadow of Mordor and getting ready for CyberMonday (Momma wants some more drives!).

Now, as to waterevil12, DUDE READ THE URL. Read the guidelines. Ya wanna give your testamonkey and preach you are in the wrong place. We have all been there, done that, and got THE HELL OUT. Since you are a child of correlation, you don't know much. I doubt you even know what correlation is in this context. EDUCATE YOURSELF child.

Here is something to chew on, straight off LDSInc.s own website.

Mountain Meadows Massacre
http://www.lds.org/topics/mountain-meadows-massacre

Book of Mormon and DNA Studies
https://www.lds.org/topics/book-of-mormon-and-dna-studies

Spalding Manuscript
http://www.lds.org/topics/spaulding-manuscript

First Vision Accounts
http://www.lds.org/topics/first-vision-accounts

Are Mormons Christian?
http://www.lds.org/topics/christians

Book of Mormon Translation
http://www.lds.org/topics/book-of-mormon-translation

Race and the Priesthood
http://www.lds.org/topics/race-and-the-priesthood

Plural Marriage and Families in Early Utah
http://www.lds.org/topics/plural-marriage-and-families-in-early-utah

Plural Marriage in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
https://www.lds.org/topics/plural-marriage-in-the-church-of-jesus-christ-of-latter-day-saints?lang=eng

Plural Marriage in Kirtland and Nauvoo
https://www.lds.org/topics/plural-marriage-in-kirtland-and-nauvoo?lang=eng

***Here is some more info on this one. See how Emma was squeezed in between TEENAGERS. Some younger than YOU! Yeah, Emma, his LEGAL WIFE was really special wasn't she. NOT. Note the SOURCE material dude. Your "prophet" was banging little girls (the age most girls got their period then was 17). Oh and let's not forget all the MARRIED women he was screwing. Send them off on missions so he could BED their LEGAL WIVES. Spend some extra time on Helen Mar Kimball. Smith wanted her mother but settled for their 14 YES YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY 14 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER. EEEWWWWWWWWW. Dude, the guy that started your "church" had sex with LITTLE GIRLS. That OK with you? Gotta little sister? Wanna throw up yet?
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1438886,1438886#msg-1438886

The Manifesto and the End of Plural Marriage
https://www.lds.org/topics/the-manifesto-and-the-end-of-plural-marriage?lang=eng

Becoming Like God
https://www.lds.org/topics/becoming-like-god?lang=eng

Book of Abraham
https://www.lds.org/topics/translation-and-historicity-of-the-book-of-abraham?lang=eng

Then when you have chewed through that you can head on over to mormonthink.com

Dude, KNOW YOUR RELIGION! We do. That is why we LEFT!

Bravo!!! That really was wonderful.

Date: November 30, 2014 11:53PM

Nice list. I'm bookmarking that one.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 07:05AM

Posted by: ferdchet ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 08:35AM

If this guy is real, no reason to be gentle. I keep getting these kids on Instagram who post up on the mormon.stories, mormon.history, and justanotherapostate feeds. The high school kids are the worst. They know NOTHING about mormonism yet will insist on telling you how right it is. Once you send a little actual truth their way they stop.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 03:54PM

Posted by: seekyr ( )

I suspect waterevil12 is literally 12.

Posted by: ellenl ( )

Most of the people in the world aren't Mormons.

Are they all following Satan? I think they'd be very surprised to hear that.

If you could get out of your Mormon bubble and look around at the world, you'd see that many people are living happy, productive lives - without the LDS church.

Date: November 30, 2014 11:54PM

Okay, now I'm convinced that this is a joke.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 12:00AM

Could be. It's a great way to create a sense of unity.

Date: December 01, 2014 12:05AM

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 12:13AM

Waterevil, you'll be a great missionary. Your inability to follow simple instructions was artfully demonstrated by the hilarious Bishop's Handbook thread. Your absence of critical thinking and analytical skills will be prized by your MP. Your naïveté and immaturity will be treasured by all your contacts in the mission field.

Remember, you must obey every single mission rule with exactness to be successful. Each time you slip up, God will withhold his blessings from you. All problems on your mission will be your fault alone, and you will have many problems. And if you masturbate even once, you will be plagued with so much guilt that your whole mission will be a failure.

Enjoy the best two years of your life. You deserve them.

Date: December 01, 2014 12:25AM

And while we may deny it, we all know that WaterEvil made promises in the Pre-Existence to those souls not as valiant as him, that he would find them when he went into the mission field, and give them the gift of the gospel.

If I were WaffleEater, I would give up my P-days just to make sure that I found and saved those people. I wouldn't take any chances!

Date: December 01, 2014 12:16AM

Did I see a link to all his posts and did one of those post of his talk about his masturbation situation? I didn't quite get his drift, but it looked like he was saying that he feels the same way after he masturbates as he does when he's in church...

And why was he asking about the MP's handbook?

Ah well...

Date: December 01, 2014 12:17AM

At any rate, I'm done playing. If someone just keeps asserting the same thing over and over again, without actually ever addressing what has been said, then there's no real conversation going on and you're just wasting your time. It's bedtime too.

Goodnight everyone. Have fun.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:25AM

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 12:29AM

"but somewhere along your life, Satan has convinced you that water is evil, right waterevil? Really?
Your BO must be a real treat for others. Are you allowed to take a shower or will Satan get his hands on you through the faucet? OOH! Scary!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 12:30AM by verilyverily.

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:03AM

Waterevil12..I am sure you have now spent enough time reading the truthful grit given on this board. You have already paved your own path out of mormonism. We will accept you with open arms when your ready.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:15AM

Expressed our views of your church the way you come here and disrespect us.

I doubt we would be shown the respect you demand from us.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:19AM

I still think he's pulling our legs, but if not and he really is going on a mission, I hope it's some place really receptive. Like France.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:36AM

They're cute when they jump out of the bowl and flop around.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:44AM

You're quite mistaken. The only thing being ex-lds is 'about' is no longer being a mormon. That's all it's 'about.'
There aren't any rules, there aren't any beliefs. For you to make the claims you have shows either ignorance or dishonesty (I can't tell which).

There are plenty of forums for you to go post your 'testimony' on. This isn't the place for that. Even so, as long as you do so without going against the board rules, you can do so and it won't be deleted. If it was deleted, you didn't go by the board rules. Stop blaming others because you behaved badly.

Posted by: scmormon ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 05:40AM

WaterEvil2 this is just for you. You want to be a missionary so here goes. From the inception of the Book of Mormon was first released in 1830 till the new set of scriptures (Bible, BoM, D&C and PGP) there are well over 4000 changes to the Book of Mormon alone. I can take grammar mistakes but what I cant is when you ADD, DELETE, CHANGE words, sentences, paragraph; this throws off the entire meaning to twist the doctrine to what you want it to say.

Like this, in my 1981 version of the Book of Mormon it says that the Laminates are THE PRIMARY ancestors to the American Indian. In the new set it says AMONG the ancestors. This is a huge change, why answer this? So here ya go chew on this statement, and I quote: "This is the most correct book on the earth" Joseph Smith Jun. 1830. So which version is the MOST CORRECT? You cannot prove anything ever existed people, lands, weapons, animals, etc. I can take the Bible and go to the holy land and find 99% of the the places, people's names inscribed on tombs. I can look at the money used during that time. I can see the old temple.

During the time Jesus was here the Temple was open to all. All the cerimonies performed in your temple are nothing of what was performed in the Jewish Temple. And you understand that there was only ONE temple at a time, not hundreds like in your church but just one. ALL of the cerimonies performed in your temple except for the marriage and baptism for the dead are rituals that are performed in Masonic Lodges. Why do I know this, because I am a Mason.

You need to understand this... One false prophesy makes Joseph Smith a false prophet and I do not need to fear him. Here is another statement by your beloved Joseph Smith: "I boast that I have done more than any man alive. No one has done more than me. Neither Peter, James or John, not even Jesus Christ could hold a church together, but the Latter Day Saints have never fled from me yet" History of the Church, Vol 6, pg408-410. So Joseph is saying he is better than Jesus?

Date: December 01, 2014 01:23PM

Joseph Smith was bad at grammar and it needed to be edited. See people back then may have heard something different than what Joseph Smith said. Whoever wrote that down must have had hearing issues or was misinformed. Joseph Smith was not Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the head of the church and it is true.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:31PM

God is not bad at grammar.

All Joseph Smith had to do was write down what he was told by God, God's grammar is perfect.

If Joseph Smith didn't write down what God told him to write down, what's the point of a book that contains the flawed Word of God as interpreted by those who just want to say they know something they are pretending to know in order to feel good about how they've been raised as a Mormon.

By the way you seem to enjoy defending Mormonism more than Mormon prophet Gordon B. Hinckley.

Do you think you could be Prophet WaterEvil12. Joseph Smith was a boy prophet too!

Posted by: rt nli ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 05:49AM

"I disagree with you because you are wrong and I am right."

Made my day!

Date: December 01, 2014 10:42AM

Ok I have read all of the replies. Here is my response. That counter is invalid because if someone is unhappy while they are a member that could mean a variety of reasons. Are they keeping the commandments? Are they forced to be there? I will never know what it feels like to be forced to attend church because I am a convert. However I do know that keeping God's commandments and following the Prophet leads to happiness. I am not 12, I am 17. I am not dull, I know about the priesthood ban and the curse. It makes sense that the Native American sailed from Israel because most of them have Jewish blood. See, they all started out as the nephites 100% jewish blood, but after Laman and Lemuel split up and became the lamanites, the lamanites were cursed with red skin. That is why Native American people today have red skin.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 11:01AM

Dull, stupid, and racist as well!
I imagine the dull and stupid will work itself out with age, but dude, you are seriously racist if you actually believe those things about Native Americans.
There is NO DNA evidence that they come from Jews even slightly.
Oh, you think I'm wrong? Please post where you read any scientific evidence like DNA studies that they have even a smidgen of Jewish ancestry. Please! I would love to read it.

For such a true believer, we can probably lump misogynistic and anti gay to the charge of racism.
Talk about deadly sins... Good luck being a good human with these faults.
And fuck you very much for paying money to such an abusive and horrible business that does less than Wal-Mart does for charity, all while encouraging its loyal adherents to be very bad people. Super duper believing mormons as a rule don't have the first clue how to be a good human on earth when they are outside their little mormon morridor, and even within their cookie cutter world they are shallow and poor excuses for neighbors.

I'm sure my salient points will be dismissed because "Evil anti insults!" So whatever, GTFO of here teeny bopper.

Posted by: lawman ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 11:10AM

"It makes sense that the Native American sailed from Israel because most of them have Jewish blood. See, they all started out as the nephites 100% jewish blood, but after Laman and Lemuel split up and became the lamanites, the lamanites were cursed with red skin."

You do realize that the "church" doesn't even claim this line of bullshit that you are spewing, right? Trying learning your own doctrine before you go preach it to others. Start with the Book of Mormon and DNA essay on lds.org (Susan linked to it above).

Date: December 01, 2014 11:29AM

waterevil12 said "the lamanites were cursed with red skin. That is why Native American people today have red skin."

You are influenced by the racist teachings found in the Book of Mormon. I'm glad you openly stated what your church teaches, that American Indians are cursed.

Kid, spend some time at my youtube channel. Read the descriptions for each of my videos because I include numerous links from non-anti-Mormon sources. And especially go through my playlists.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu6wSxcIZDSGa0kSJDSgqQA

Then go back to my google plus page and read the numerous posts I make.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/107573984212894845783/posts

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 10:45AM

To OP:

Check your scriptures as to how to know Satan's influence. Here's some help:

http://packham.n4m.org/satan.htm

The key? Only Satan will lie to make converts. Servants of God have no need to lie.

Has the Mormon church or its leaders ever lied?

See http://packham.n4m.org/lying.htm

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 10:52AM

I find it strange that TBMs think Exmos are brainwashed because we no longer read official LDS sources.

The point is that I have had my fill of Mormon propaganda. I was BIC, so that meant years of primary, seminary, a mission, a BYU BA with 14 hours of LDS religious credits, plus 26 years of Sunday School, Sacrament and Priesthood meetings. I've listened to enough General Conference talks, attended enough firesides and read the Book of Mormon enough times to know what it says.

Do you really think your manic rantings are going to convince any of us? What do you have to say that we haven't heard before.

Meanwhile, I'd bet good money that you have been willfully ignoring the non-LDS side of the story. How can you possibly think you know more than us when we have read both sides and you have stuck to only one? Did you even know about JS polyandry and child brides before the church told you last month?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 10:53AM by axeldc.

Date: December 01, 2014 10:54AM

I don't know more. I have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I know the church is true. All of the exlds propaganda is a lie to try to convince disciples that the church is false. This is because of satan. Satan has tricked you.

Date: December 01, 2014 11:03AM

Satan doesn't exist. Stop lying. You are a horrible person for lying continuously.

Date: December 01, 2014 11:05AM

Do you have a testimony of Joseph Smith? You truly believe that God hates women so much that he would pick a child rapist to lead his church? Do you have sisters? Are you saying you would knowingly follow a man who screws little girls?

Posted by: lapsed ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 12:05PM

Who are you trying to convince? Us or yourself? You're sounding quite desperate. Enjoy your mission, you are about to learn some very hard life lessons...write down in your journal every time you are unhappy on you mission. One sentence will do...just for fun.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 11:06AM

...quit the bickering! Just follow the words of the Profit...

"Let's go shopping!"

Posted by: lawman ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 11:10AM

But only at the One True Mall!

Date: December 01, 2014 11:13AM

...right!...Remember He will NEVER lead you astray, and if you have the Spirit, he will lead you into Nordstroms............

Date: December 01, 2014 11:35AM

I do what the prophet tells me to do. Back in the time of Joseph Smith, polygamy was righteous. President Monson knows what is best for God's Children. I am not lying and I know the church is true. Actually the church believes Native Americans are jewish. If you meet a mormon who disbelieves this you can share the scriptures from the book of mormon. It basically says that they are cursed. This curse made them have red skin. It is not racist and Native Americans should know their origins.

Date: December 01, 2014 11:43AM

...OK......can you explain the "Indian Placement Program" to us, and who was George P. Lee, and why was he excommunicated, and what he told the press about his financial "compensations?"

Date: December 01, 2014 11:48AM

waterevil12 said "It basically says that they are cursed. This curse made them have red skin. It is not racist and Native Americans should know their origins."

Kid, you are preaching racism. If you want to discuss this further email me at tapirrider1@gmail.com

Date: December 01, 2014 12:07PM

...Surely this kid has not studied much about anything Mormon, especially the so-called "Lamanite race." They were not "cursed with a "red skin." It was a "dark skin." The term "redskin" was an early-American slang term relating to native American warpainting, scalp-hunting, and their own distinctive racial features, along with other regional explanations.

...so, according to your LDS-based argument, Eskimos, Asians, Pacific-islanders, Aboriginals, and other Central and South American tribal cultures are cursed too?......right?

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 11:54AM

I used to believe it all, and am now a hard core Christian. Mormonism isn't truly Christian. It resembles a scribe and pharisee religion, one that you can work for your salvation. Jesus attacked the close minded performance based Jewish state religion of the day.

He loved and forgave the sinner, but had no patience for those that thought they were better than others. If Jesus were on the earth, he would call out the 15 as false prophets that have distorted his message of love God and love your neighbors as yourself. Mormons look down on everyone, even other tbms that they perceive as being not devoted to the cult enough.

Mormons are so heartless and conditional in their love/affection/acceptance. I have learned to walk away from Mormonism and Mormons to preserve my sanity.

Date: December 01, 2014 11:55AM

You need to face the fact that your biblical fan fiction, otherwise known as the book of mormon, is filled with fiction, otherwise known as lies, about the native peoples of America.
Coopting the first peoples' history to fit a fictional narrative is some of the worst kind of racism.

Have you ever talked to a native who wasn't raised mormon? They think the book of mormon is a joke. They have their own history which stretches back well before the fictional book of mormon times.

Your church does not agree with your statements. You are lying.
You are racist when you keep repeating your lies.

Date: December 01, 2014 11:58AM

Your book of mormon is fiction, and not proof of anything regarding native American DNA.
Please share anything scientific about the DNA of any first people on these American continents that supports your lie about Jewish ancestors. There have been a LOT of studies on native DNA, surely you could find something to back up your statement if it wasn't a lie.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 12:02PM

E I E I Oh
And on that farm he had a Satan
E I E I Oh
With a Satan Satan here
and a Satan Satan there
Here a Satan
There a Satan
Everywhere a Satan Satan

Old McMormon had a farm
E I E I Oh

Posted by: anonough ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 12:04PM

I do not believe Waterevil12 is lying. He is misinformed. Locked into a mode of obedience and thinking that he has been taught.

This is an example of one of the most frightening elements of religious teaching. Blind acceptance and obedience to whatever you are told based on a feeling that was felt. One of which is to not investigate beyond the borders that that particular religion fences you in with.

Even more frightening I suppose is the adherents that proclaim they have looked at the counter evidence and factual information that debunks and demolishes their truth claims and still proudly proclaiming to believe.

I guess you can say that we are fortunate that waterevil12 is locked into Mormonism instead of a radical extremist religion where he would be posting about whether or not he should go to flight school or not.

Date: December 01, 2014 12:09PM

He is repeating lies he has been told. He needs to know they are lies coming out of his mouth.
I have no sympathy for mormon trolls on this site, mislead though they be. They are the ones coming to our safe space, spewing their lies, racism, bullshit, and bigotry. They need to be aware of what they are doing, and this is not a gentle NOM site where we have to cater to their feelings. If they want respect HERE, they should not come on with their testimonkey guns blazing like this one did.

Don't apologize for apologists. They are sorry enough already. Your priorities are out of order if you think they are the ones who should be treated with kid gloves on this site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 12:41PM by WinksWinks.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 12:19PM

I was thinking the same thing Eric.

Well said.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 12:21PM

Let's say you're legitimately trying to promote your religion here, that you're a true believer and think that we're all tricked by Satan...

First... Let's cover your question about bias. You claim to be 17, you should be old enough realize what a "Recovery board" is and means. This is a place for people who have been harmed by an organization (in this case, the LDS church) to come together, learn from each other, and realize that they aren't alone in what they've gone through. The pain caused by the church to the people who post here is real. Families have been torn apart, lives ruined financially and emotionally. People have lost jobs been discriminated against all due to the church. Are some people angry? Yep, you bet'cha. Do they have a reason to be, you bet they do.

Is it a place for a whiny 17 year old to post his testimony about how great the organization that ruined so many lives? Nope, not at all...

Let me put it another way, if this was a board that allowed rape victims to come together and realize that they aren't alone, would you even think about post about how great domination based sex is on such a board? I'd hope not, yet that's exactly what you did here.

You claim the church is great, that it does all kinds of wonderful things. Read the stories here, with an open mind. Most of the posts here focus on the doctrinal problems with the church. None of that really matters, not in the long run. Every church has doctrinal problems, but not all of them are so harmful. That's what really matters.

If you read everything here and think you no better. Try to think about what matters most to the church. The church tries to say that it's the plan of salvation, the book of mormon, or anything but the reality. The church is all about tithing. It's mentioned more in any conference talk than Christ or even Joseph Smith. There are talks where the title is something to the effect of "Tithing is for the Poverty". There is only one thing that will keep you out of the temple, it's tithing. You can kill people and go to the temple (there are soldiers in the temple right now I dare say), adultery won't keep you out (I personally know someone who cheated on her husband and was not only told that she was forgiven, but not to tell her husband by her bishop). But if you don't pay your tithing, they will take away your recomend faster than you can blink. What did your Christ say about buying blessings? What did he say about money for the poor, what did he do to the money changers in the temple? Yet, in "Christ's church", the only way get his most important blessings, is to pay. Think on that.

Date: December 01, 2014 03:24PM

It's like he thinks he's going to impress his bosses at Miller Brewing Company by hitting up all the AA meetings to preach the gospel of Lite Beer!

Date: December 01, 2014 03:50PM

I don't know everything. I have a lot of questions myself. I try to answer questions, but I don't know the answer to every single one. If I don't know I can always find out by using resources such as lds.org and the Bishop, or home teachers. I will learn a lot on my mission and a lot about how to teach people. I try to be a humble disciple of Jesus Christ. I know the church is true because God told me.

Posted by: anonough ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 12:37PM

I was basically saying he is obliviously brainwashed. Not trying to buy him any kind of sympathy. I was stating things somewhat gently WinksWinks because that is just the way I am.

I believe I know his type as you probably do as well. No amount of factual info is going to turn him. Like I stated, he is locked, not to mention immature and willfully ignorant to the facts.

And I have more fear than any kind of sympathy for this person. Exhibits a certain level of Sociopathy and seems to be proud of it. He'll be gone after this thread as Susan has stated. My intent was not to defend Mr. Evil or upset anyone on the board.

Date: December 01, 2014 12:48PM

I am not lying and I am not brainwashed. I am not repeating anybody's lies or anything. I have discovered the truth all by myself. Heavenly Father told me the church was true through prayer and I felt his spirit why I: Prayed, read the scriptures, blessed the sacrement, attend church, preaching with missionaries. If I didn't have the spirit to testify there would be no point in doing any of those things. For the last time, I am not racist. There is a reason why Jesus Christ was born in Israel and not Africa or Asia. Heavenly Father wanted Jesus Christ to hold the priesthood. There is a reason why black people couldn't hold the priesthood until 1978. The church has no explanation, but in my personal opinon it is because of the curse from Genesis. The church was never racist because women in the church had the same rights regardless of ethnicity. Black women could hold the same callings as white women. Black women were EQUAL to white women. People don't understand how it was only bad for the black man. While white men, women, and black women were not descriminated against because of ethnicity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 12:52PM by waterevil12.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:00PM

What does His voice sound like?

President Monson, your father, your mother, your seminary teacher, your girlfriend's brother, or you?

I would like to know if His voice sounds the same for everyone or if it is different for each individual? You've heard His voice! Please describe his Voice to me.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:01PM

Are you for real? I mean, you keep saying you are... but...

I watched the Lord of the Rings movies and felt the exact same way as I did when I read the BoM or went to conference, is the Lord of the Rings "true"?

It's emotion, the church uses your emotions against you. There is no way to discern truth from emotion. Why, in our human courts of law, where nothing eternal is decided do we rely on proof to decide what's real and what isn't. Yet, you throw away your life, make "eternal" decisions based solely on emotion, with absolutely no proof, in fact there is proof against it. To think, I was just like you, it makes me so very very sad.

And let's just touch on your "I'm not racist" proof... Discrimination can be described as, one group not getting the same thing as another group based one or more factors. Let's take color or sex as one of those factors, say "when black men couldn't hold the priesthood, but white men could" that's discrimination, or "women couldn't hold the priesthood"... you say "there was no descrimination[sic]", yet you have literally just defined it.

Let's put it another way, God is supposed to be the same yesterday, today and tomorrow... Either black people should have always had the priesthood, or they never should have it. Yet, God changed his mind. If you read the D&C, it's because the prophet begged him too. If there were some eternal reason for it, he should have said no.

Here's a fun thing to file away for the future... Within 5 years of the US getting marriage equality for homosexuals in all 50 states, God will change his mind again, and Gay marriages will happen in the temples. The potential revenue gain from homosexual couples will be too enticing, not to mention the bad PR from continuing the conservative stance will be too much for the church to bare. Trust me, they're already working on how to do it once a few of the current leadership passes on.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:16PM

Heavenly Father has never aloud gay marriage to happen in the entire Human existence. He has made it clear in the scriptures that gay marriage is wrong. Why would God change it and let homosexuals in holy places? That will never happen because Heavenly Father created a man and a wife. The church will never promote sin such homosexuals, cannablism, women holding the priesthood.

Anyway, here is PROOF that The lord of the Rings was made up.

"The Lord of the Rings is an epic high fantasy novel written by English author J. R. R. Tolkien. The story began as a sequel to Tolkien's 1937 fantasy novel "

Notice the word "fantasy"

Also Jrr Tolkien made $500 million so he was in it for the money. Therefore we know that the Lord of the Rings is complete fiction and is for entertainment.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:29PM

You're awesome!

God changed his mind on black people, he'll change it again for homosexuals, just remember what you said here.

There's proof that the Book of Mormon is fantasy. That's why the church doesn't want you looking at the facts about it, that's why the church calls any of those facts "Anti-Mormon". It's all based in lies.

As for getting something out of it, Tolkien may have made money, but good old Joseph Smith got money, women, fame and power out of "selling" his book, he became mayor of a city that rivaled Chicago at it's time and was the head of an army that was larger than the US army at it's time and began plans to run for president.

I think Joe got plenty out of his "fantasy" as well. (keep in mind that he once tried to sell the copyright for it, yes God's one true book almost got sold by his greatest prophet, also the BoB had Joseph Smith listed as "Author", not translator for most of it's existence, if he was just the translator, why didn't he list himself correctly?).

Date: December 01, 2014 01:44PM

He thought about selling the gold plates, but God wouldn't let him. I wonder how many people would think about selling plates of gold if they got the chance. Luckily Joseph Smith was righteous and translated the plates so that we may all of copies. These copies are called the Book of Mormon.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:51PM

Not what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about trying to sell the plates (which is stupid since they never existed, the whole story about how he got them, carried them and even out ran thugs on a bum leg? Have you tried carrying that much gold? it's pretty darn heavy, you wouldn't outrun my grandmother carrying that!)

Anyway, I'm referring to Joe sending Oliver Cowdery to Canada to sell the copyright "He also sent Oliver Cowdery and Hiram Page as missionaries to Toronto, unsuccessfully, to raise money by selling the book's Canadian copyright." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_of_Joseph_Smith_from_1827_to_1830

Why would he sell God's true book? Good think God made it unsuccessful! (or that the publisher saw that the book was horrible and didn't buy it)

You do know your church will make you buy the copies of the books of mormon you will give to investigators, right?
Talk about in it for the money. You already pay more than $400/month, but that is not enough, you must also buy your own materials out of the meagre allowance they give back to you for your food needs.
I'm sure you are willing to starve yourself so that your investigators can have a copy. They've got you firmly by the feels.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:34PM

Is this new? We didn't have to buy the BoM's we gave away on my Mission in '91. We gave them out to anyone who would take them (which, admittedly wasn't many).

Date: December 01, 2014 01:39PM

My my, they sure have become much more money hungry over the last 25 or so years.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:44PM

No missonaries don't pay for Book of Mormons anymore. The church pays for them. I know because Bishop told me.

Date: December 01, 2014 02:11PM

Can i talk to your mormon Bishop? What's his name?

Date: December 01, 2014 01:12PM

And the lies keep spewing forth from the fount of ignorance.
The words you type are lies.
They are lies you were told by well meaning people, but nonetheless they are lies.
Welcome to reality, where you are a lying, racist, bigot.

See, the framework for life that you have been educated in your entire life is founded on deliberate misinformation. So of course you think WE are the deluded ones.
Google "reality tunnel" and "confirmation bias" as well as "sunk costs". I won't post links because certainly you would think they are evil anti mormon things. Go search these concepts for yourself.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:27PM

What do you mean? I converted almost 2 1/2 years ago.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:38PM

See, the framework for life that you have been educated in for the last two and a half years is founded on deliberate misinformation.

Is that better?
You argue like a mormon. Never address the main point, argue semantics or the question that should have been asked instead.
Duplicitous avoidance, and misdirection.

Posted by: thewhyalumnus ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:17PM

Wow, the ignorance is staggering. The entire Book of Mormon is a racist narrative about how if you are righteous you are white and wicked you are 'cursed' with dark skin.

Additionally, the 'priesthood ban' DID affect men and women! And it still affects all women (which is another terrible subject within Mormonism). It was not just about being able to hold the priesthood. Men, women, and children, were not allowed to go to the Temple and receive ANY of the 'saving ordinances'. Why? Because their skin was too dark.

In other words, Mormonism sent them the clear message that they CAN NOT be with their family forever, nor receive the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom, nor could they have an eternal marriage. Why? Skin pigmentation.

'God is the same, yesterday, today, and forever.' Oh wait, not in Mormonism. All blacks were denied all the blessings and eternal life, up until 1978 and then all of a sudden God changes his eternal unchanging mind??? Wake up, Dude. The God of Mormonism is not real.

White women and black women were always equal.

Posted by: thewhyalumnus ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:33PM

waterevil12 Wrote:
> White women and black women were always equal.

1830-1978

White LDS women: baptised, endowed, sealed for eternity, Could become Priestesses to their 'God-husband' (see Temple ceremony).

Black LDS women: baptised, could be sealed to LDS leaders as 'eternal slaves'

No equality there and VERY racist.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:46PM

Lies

Date: December 01, 2014 01:54PM

Just because it happened before you were born doesn't make it a lie.
You are so misinformed here that you are the one lying.

Date: December 01, 2014 03:34PM

Here's a quote:

"Even after 1852, at least two black Mormons continued to hold the priesthood. When one of these men, Elijah Abel, petitioned to receive his temple endowment in 1879, his request was denied. Jane Manning James, a faithful black member who crossed the plains and lived in Salt Lake City until her death in 1908, similarly asked to enter the temple; she was allowed to perform baptisms for the dead for her ancestors but was not allowed to participate in other ordinances."

See? It says a faithful Black member was NOT allowed to take out her endowments, simply because she was Black.

Okay, okay, I know you want to know the source, and I have to admit it's not the most trustworthy, but make of if what you will:

https://www.lds.org/topics/race-and-the-priesthood?lang=eng

Yeah, yeah, I know, LDS(dot)org...

But seriously, young Jedi Missionary, even this is what the church admits to, what do you think the real truth is?

Date: December 01, 2014 01:35PM

Oh that makes it all better for you? Women can't do things men can do in your church, but the black women get to do the same things the white women do? Guess what, that's sexist as hell, and you're still defending the racism against black males, which is both sexist and racist.

WTF do they teach in schools these days? I know critical thinking isn't taught, but gee whiz, is this what we get from the school system today? Sounds like common core...

Date: December 01, 2014 01:37PM

waterevil12 said "For the last time, I am not racist."

I never said you were. BUT your Book of Mormon teaches racism and influences otherwise fine and decent people to promote racist ideas. You don't have to be a racist to promote racism, which is what you will be doing on a mission preaching that the Book of Mormon is true. It is not true. It is nothing more than a 19th century fabrication and is racist fiction.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:47PM

It is not racist. It is what Jesus Christ wants.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:57PM

Oh Jesus is the racist, not waterevil. That makes it so much better... Not!
If Jesus existed at all, he was a dark middle eastern looking dude, not the surfer Jesus hanging in your church. So you are saying he discriminated against those with dark skin like himself?

Date: December 01, 2014 02:01PM

Your Book of Mormon teaches and promotes racism. It is the only scripture in the world that canonized the racist American version of Manifest Destiny. Jesus Christ had nothing to do with that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 02:02PM by Tapirrider.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:43PM

You posted you follow the prophet. This is what Mormon prophet Brigham Young has told you to do. I have not heard a Mormon prophet say this is no longer your responsibility and that Brigham Young was a false prophet for speaking this prophesy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gzgzdgKiGg4

"Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 10, p. 110).

I don't think you should kill people, but Brigham Young has told you who to kill. If you are assigned to Brazil, the United States, or a Caribbean Island you will have a lot of opportunities to follow the Mormon prophet Brigham Young. I hope you will choose not to follow the prophet. Are you allowed to choose to do what things the prophet tells you to do, or do you do them all? I can't recall for sure, what do you think Water is Evil especially on Fast Sunday, but not when you are Thirsty.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:50PM

I follow the current living prophet. That is President Monson. The prophet is special because he can never decieve God's children. It is possible for Apostles to deceive and trick God's disciples. Look at Judas Iscariot and Richard R Lyman, If an Apostle of God told me to go kill someone I would call the police. However if the prophet did that is an entirely different story.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:59PM

Your prophet has dementia.
He has also never prophesied anything. Anything? Stories about widows and wiggling ears aren't prophecy.
Maybe he updated the dress code to ban flip flops, whose authority was behind that Pharisiacal decree?

Date: December 01, 2014 02:03PM

Why do you choose to follow the current living prophet? Has the current living prophet told you to not listen to Brigham Young? What if a future living prophet tells you to stop following what Thomas Monson told you about the awful gay people.

Are you like a reed on the wind tossed here and there or do you hold onto the rod of God, the Word of God, the Word of the Mormon prophets.

Has Thomas Monson disavowed Brigham Young and told you to not follow him?

When does a prophet stop being a prophet, when he sins (Joseph Smith, adultery), when he speaks as a man (Brigham Young, racism), changes eternal laws Wilford Woodruff (removes polygamy), or has dementia and hates democrats like Prophet Ezra T. Benson or denies his prophetic powere Gordon B Hinckley (renounces prophetic abilities on Larry King Live while also claiming polygamy didn't start in Mormonism until the move to Utah). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9lsBFlcjE-8

Thomas S. Monson (what does he prophesy?).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 02:05PM by gentlestrength.

Date: December 01, 2014 02:22PM

Black women could NOT go hrough the temple and be get their endowments. They could NOT be sealed to their husbands or children. Once again, you have not done your homework.

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 02:44PM

Thanks for the treat Susan!!!

Every post I read waterevil makes my mouth spew forth the words such that I should never reveal.

THANK GOD I GOT OUT BEFORE MY SON BECAME LIKE THIS!!!

Actually I do not know of any kid that sounds like you. Where do you live? You must be in the mission field cause your family was smart enough not to join.

I know that you are full of crap. I have a 17 year old son who is full of crap, just not of the same shit as yours.

You think you know everything, that you are right and everyone else is wrong. Seriously? Like my son saying he knows how to drive in snow. He has never driven in snow.

I would much rather have him argue with me about that stuff, and swear, and be a jerk than what you do. I sure hope you don't treat your non-Mormon parents like shit.

Oh, and the racism? YOU are not racist? Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

Stupid kid. Someday someone will kick you in the shitter.

Date: December 01, 2014 12:55PM

"The church has no explanation, but in my personal opinon it is because of the curse from the IRS.".

Posted by: xnorth ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:03PM

Bless your pathetically naive little heart. Someday reality will hit you in the face with a 2x4. Just hope you grow up when that happens.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:07PM

This is reality. Don't you understand? The church was restored. Joseph Smith saw Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father face to face. The priesthood is back on the earth and we have a prophet here on the earth that speaks directly to Jesus Christ. His name is President Monson. The world would be lost without Jesus Christ and his church. I am so blessed to be apart of his church and soon I will be able to serve Jesus Christ for 2 years. Jesus is real because I felt his spirit. This organization exlds is hurting the lives of so many people and is doing what Satan has always been doing: Destroying the lives of the righteous. I encourage everyone to attend church this sunday and partake of the sacrement. Feel God's spirit as I have. You will understand that the truth lies within the priesthood and true happiness comes from keeping Heavenly Father's commandments.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:11PM

...here, watch this, then get back with us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjy3D3YDJ50

"Wow!!........I bet you just can't wait now!!!"

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:20PM

I'm glad the church is working for you and gives you lots of nice feelings. It's geared for folks just like yourself.

Just try to remember not to be rude with your ideas and don't get tricked into believing that you're right and everyone else is wrong and you need to shove your beliefs down the throats of others. Most people, especially those with a lot more life experience won't be receptive to your approach.

And remember, should you ever find yourself in a position where the lightbulbs start flickering on and you become less certain of your feeling and would like a helping of facts instead, you'll be welcomed back wholeheartedly.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:21PM

Sweetie, I am concerned that you might have some issues. You really sound delusional. There are so many things wrong with the Joseph story, he was a con-man, he was a pervert, he was a child rapist and he was a liar. There is no genetic evidence of the native americans having jewish ancestry, there is no physical evidence of any of the book of mormon places or the wars that claimed so many lives, the first vision where he supposedly saw God and Christ face to face has four different accounts, the witnesses who supposedly witnessed the plates admitted they never really saw them, and the BoM that is supposed to be so perfect has been changed thousands of times. If you are real you need help because only a fool would still defend this crap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 01:22PM by roslyn.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:28PM

It is true.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:33PM

Quit lying to yourself. No one here believes the lies you spew.

We are not destroying anything.
You lds are the ones who practice shunning and looking down on unbelievers. Families are torn apart by the sick doctrine you want to share.

But do please serve a mission. Go dress as the Pillsbury dough boy and make your silly ritual handshakes. Remember to note only women must veil their faces. Sexism at its finest.

Have fun showing the world just how much they don't want to be like you. I bet Eric is right, you will be responsible for many more people finding the truth that mormonism is one of the biggest cons on earth right now, than you will ever baptise.
Thank you in advance for showing people what they don't want to be like, close minded, sanctimonious, and casually racist.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:38PM

waterevil12 Wrote:
> This is reality. Don't you understand? The church
> was restored. Joseph Smith saw Jesus Christ and
> Heavenly Father face to face. The priesthood is
> back on the earth and we have a prophet here on
> the earth that speaks directly to Jesus Christ.
> His name is President Monson. The world would be
> lost without Jesus Christ and his church. I am so
> blessed to be apart of his church and soon I will
> be able to serve Jesus Christ for 2 years. Jesus
> is real because I felt his spirit. This
> organization exlds is hurting the lives of so many
> people and is doing what Satan has always been
> doing: Destroying the lives of the righteous. I
> encourage everyone to attend church this sunday
> and partake of the sacrement. Feel God's spirit as
> I have. You will understand that the truth lies
> within the priesthood and true happiness comes
> from keeping Heavenly Father's commandments.

So you read your scriptures? So Joseph saw God? You need to read Exosus 33 to see what God told Moses. Also look at John 1:18. Since Jesus was the last High Preist there was no need to restore the priesthood.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:52PM

No one at that time has seen God. Joseph Smith saw God over 1800 years later.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:58PM

God said that no man hath seen me and lived. That is what it says in Exodus

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:19PM

My guess...

I think this guy is jerking us around and laughing his rear off.

I do not think a real TBM would pick a name like waterevil. Real TBMS tend to be quiet about the more wacky beliefs (like water being evil) even if they do happen to believe it.

That name is something that I'd make up for a TBM- Onion style.

If I'm right, good one, waterevil12.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving gift, Sus!

I am for serious. I have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I know that Jesus brings us happiness. The best gift in the world was his atonement. Someday we will all be able to talk to God and if we are lucky and faithful we will get to live with him and become exalted in the Celestial Kingdom.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:52PM

dagny Wrote:
> My guess...
>
> I think this guy is jerking us around and laughing
> his rear off.
>
> I do not think a real TBM would pick a name like
> waterevil. Real TBMS tend to be quiet about the
> more wacky beliefs (like water being evil) even if
> they do happen to believe it.
>
> That name is something that I'd make up for a TBM-
> Onion style.
>
>
>
> If I'm right, good one, waterevil12.
>
> Thanks for the Thanksgiving gift, Sus!

I think You're right Dagny....

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:20PM

I think its an exmo doing a parody.

HH =)

Date: December 01, 2014 01:22PM

Yup!

Date: December 01, 2014 01:23PM

Yeah...it could be those Admin's screwing with everyone. Maybe Santa told em' they couldn't get a pony this year.........

Posted by: Lock it Down ( )

I've had enough of the "boy behind the curtain"...in the valiant words of Dorothy...there's no place like Exmormon.org, there's no place like exmormon.org...there's no place like Exmormon.org. Sorry Stan made me do it! my life is completely ruined...guess i'll get a beer and sleep with other men and women right after i watch my R movies...after all if you can't beat em join em right H20evil12? you'll find the world to be a truly challenging and frightful place if you continue with your racist ways of thinking and believing. Until then a toute a l'heurs.

no reason, just felt like spewing a bit :)

Posted by: DeAnn ( )

I cannot remember when I have read someone so ignorant and arrogant. This 17 year old clearly does not know what he does not know. He is so young.

But honestly, he is just a harbinger of his older self to come. I know people in the Church--intelligent adults--who say stuff just as remarkably stupid and close-minded.

Whenever anyone tells me that all I have to do to "know" the BOM is true is to read and pray, I am still astounded at the fantastic quality of that belief system. How can anyone possibly believe that malarkey?

The other possibility, as has been mentioned, is that this extreme OP really is a troll. I mean, he truly is too extreme to be believable even in a ridiculous religion like Mo'ism.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:34PM

It is spelled "Mormonism" It is a nickname for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Book of Mormon is the only book in the entire world where an individual can grow closer to Jesus Christ than any other book. The Book of Mormon is true and as long as someone follows Moroni's promise and pray if it is NOT true than they will know that it IS true.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:35PM

Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.

And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are NOT true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:37PM

My Holy Ghost told me it was all made up by Joseph Smith. Heard His voice as clear as you did.

Which Holy Ghost is right for you? My Holy Ghost is the Best Holy Ghost,

You're bias. You need to read and pray with an intent heart and sincerity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 01:54PM by waterevil12.

Date: December 01, 2014 02:15PM

So, I have bias until my Holy Ghost agrees with your Holy Ghost?

Does that work the other way around?

You have bias until your Holy Ghost agrees with my Holy Ghost.

Remember my Holy Ghost is better than your Holy Ghost. I know this is True. He has told me this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 02:15PM by gentlestrength.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:41PM

I'm willing to bet that if you asked any Muslim if their god had spoken to them and told them their beliefs were true that they would say, yes, that god told them that Islam is a true faith.

The same would hold true for most other religions out there. There are a lot more Muslims than Mormons, either the Muslim god talks to more people than the Mormon god does, or emotions are really bad indicators of truth.

I'll stick to my facts, thank you very much, and all the facts, history, and reality shows that Joseph Smith made it all up and that the current church leaders continue to take advantage of it's membership and are doing everything in their power to retain what little numbers they have left to keep the tithing flowing in.

Islam is false. The LDS church is true.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:56PM

That doesn't address the point, but you're not going to do that, so, in the face of willful ignorance, I'm out... Have a great mission.

Date: December 01, 2014 02:07PM

I don't understand why all of you disbelieve in the Mormon Church? The church is true and the missionary program is good. President Monson is the most hard working, intelligent, occupied man in the entire world. Because he is the prophet he has to deal with problems like world hunger, global terrorism, and North Korea. Don't critize him. Just like God sent his prophet Moses to deliver the people from egypt God will sent his prophet to deliver the people from North Korea. Kim Jong-un will soon have a change of heart and will let the people go!

God doesn't want a temple in Russia even though there are over 22,000 people.

It is sad that there are many parts of the world that don't have the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That is why it is so important to spread the "Good News" or the "Gospel" and become a missionary of Jesus Christ.

Date: December 01, 2014 02:13PM

The church is not a joke and it is true. I don't understand why people disagree with the church even though Jesus Christ has made it perfectly clear that it is true.

Posted by: xnorth ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 03:45PM

It's simply not possible for Jesus Christ to make anything clear, or say anything at all. Because he's made up. He never existed. Not on earth, certainly not 'in heaven'. History and facts show this, not fictional books and feelings.

Date: December 01, 2014 02:23PM

Your prophet does none of that.
He has dementia, he is a figurehead, and when he was competent he helped run the for profit arms of the church.
So little charitable giving has been done with tithing, that Wal-Mart has given more than your church.
Over the last 25 year's, what was it, charitable giving averaged out to $7/member? Talk about a money hungry organization!
10% of an average salary is somewhere above $5000 per member per year, more in many cases because TSCC encourages lucrative careers over what you may feel drawn to as your life's work.
They take in billions per year, but give less than 1 million charitably. Too much must go to cover the lavish lifestyles of the 70s and above as well as mission presidents.
You do know these people make extravagant amounts of money, right? Unpaid clergy is only true up through the stake level. That's right, the ones who do the most work on the ground have to hold down a full time job besides.
So cruel to their children, it can be a second full time job to work for the church. They really should be compensated for their time. They would be less stressed, less over worked, have more time for their family, and the time and resources to serve their congregations properly. It is not a point of pride to have unpaid clergy, it is a point of shame.
Only megachurches have pastors that are in it for the money, which is ironic since the first megachurch was built by mormons. Hello tabernacle!

Date: December 01, 2014 02:43PM

ok, now i'm laughing. That is hilarious! I spent 50 years as a mormon. I know there are some that really believe all this tripe. If they had the courage to really KNOW if it was what they think it is, the mormon church would be shut down tomorrow. People are mormons out of fear and ignorance. They love to use the word "know" as if it's some magical word. It's not. It's just an over used word that they were told to use. The younger generation doesn't know that.

I was there when the announcement was made in sacrament meeting. The members were told to stop using the word believe, and start using the word know. They did what they were told even if they didn't "know" any such thing. 30 years later the kids spew the word out like it's a golden magic word. It's pathetic.

Do your homework kids. Then come back and tell me what you know.

I did my homework. I KNOW the mormon church is not what it professes to be. I feel sorry for the brainwashed kids they send out in the world to make fools of themselves.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:43PM

By the power of Google and critical thinking, someday you too can come to know how you have been mislead.

I think this sprat is a sociopath who learned all the mormon lingo and thinks he can use it to his advantage. He would go far within TSCC, but... he was not BIC and does not yet realize how this disadvantages him within mormon culture.

Posted by: Christ Believer ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:56PM

You have been tricked by Satan, who can and does appear as an angel of light. He is able to fool people and has fooled you. It was easy for him, way too easy. Your faith is counterfeit to the genuine and worth less than nothing. You are Satan's fool. One day you will know that.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:39PM

..."Please install additional hard drives now."

Posted by: evergreennotloggedin ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:36PM

I thoroughly enjoyed this thread!

waterevil12, your comments inspire me to bear my testimony that the Mormon church is false. That its "prophet" Joe Smith lied about the first vision, lied about god forcing him into polygamy when he just wanted to bop lots of women, married or not, and children. Joey lied about the restoration of the priesthood and made up garments and stole the temple ceremony from the Masons.

and I say these things AMEN

Date: December 01, 2014 01:45PM

H20evil12...i once believed that H20 was evil as well on my mission until i partook of it and saw that it was delicious...i thought if it's so delicious i should enter there in , which i did and i did take off my clothes and swam there in in just a bathing suit sans garmies. as i swam there in and felt the H20 break upon my skin i did notice in the distance there were scantilly clad half clothed women and i did not partake. Man was i stupid and young. as they were inviting me to a party there in...at least i learned a cool language french! A toute mes amis, je vous aime, je doit partir...etc.

have fun hosting the mental gymnastics party in your cranium young joseph wannabe.

Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:45PM

Wow this movie is really running off the reel. Is this a record for the most allowed comments ever?

I don't know? I think Susan unlocked it.

Posted by: sharapata ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:47PM

I can see it all now on Elder Waterevil12's first day at the MTC as he boasts to his fellow Elders:

"I went on exmormon.org and testified to everyone there of the truthfulness of the Gospel! Aren't I wonderful? Aren't I marvelous?"

Date: December 01, 2014 01:50PM

...if he admitted that to the MTC Prez., he'd be booted right then and there.

Date: December 01, 2014 01:51PM

sharapat posted:

I can see it all now on Elder Waterevil12's first day at the MTC as he boasts to his fellow Elders:

"I went on exmormon.org and testified to everyone there of the truthfulness of the Gospel! Aren't I wonderful? Aren't I marvelous?"

but don't boast too long H20evil12..., besides the real meaty issues will be asked in due course, the one the church seems to care about most.. especially the have you masturbated recently questions. and they will ask b/c don't forget that is the most important thing the church and your leaders want to know...details, make sure you provide details. b/c the Morg ldrshp loves them some details! anything to make you subserviant and guilt ridden.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 01:58PM

Oh my god! Read one of his first posts! It is a dream.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1440407,1440407#msg-1440407

Date: December 01, 2014 02:13PM

This guy is totally trolling us and it's hilarious!

Date: December 01, 2014 02:17PM

How could I possibly be trolling? I am a true believer of Jesus Christ. I posted here to understand why people left the church. I wanted to say that I have heard both sides of the argument and I believe in the church. I want to serve my mission. I know it isn't a sin to go on exlds, but is it a sin to go on exlds while one is on their mission?

Date: December 01, 2014 02:21PM

Which is it? Are you on your mission or not. Therefore, are you sinning or not? Why don't you slink off and masturbate to get that special churchy feeling you wrote about above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 02:22PM by Devoted Exmo.

Date: December 01, 2014 02:23PM

Totally and it's awesome.

Posted by: bob...not registered ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 02:02PM

A person feels vibrant at age 17, and confident.

Sure, there are all the holes in the world in this kid's story. I mean, his name, "waterevil12" is a spoof on an old mormon doctrine that satan controls the waters. There are big questions for the kid:
-Where do you hide a steel mill?
-Where do you hide a city of 2 million people?
-The curse of cain...I mean, really, give me a break.
-Red skin comes from the BoM? Tscc doesn't even teach that anymore.

None of it actually matters until waterboy asks himself these 2 questions:

1. If the church was not of God, would you want to know?
2. What would convince you it was not of God?

If you would not want to know, then there is no point discussing it. If you would want to know, then the second question becomes a hard one to answer, right?

Start there. Then take the next step.

For me (I'm 45 years old now), It took from the time I was 15 until I was in my early 30s to get the answer to the second question. My answer as to what would convince me turned out to be the question of agency. Who gets to be responsible for my choices, me or the leaders of the church.

The answer is, "I'm responsible."

Since I'm responsible, I need to make choices I can live with, and that means understanding things like this historicity of the BoM and BoA, and it means understanding things like same-sex marriage, where the church has been heavily involved. Upon objective review, the answers are obvious.

Viewed objectively, tscc is a joke.

Date: December 01, 2014 02:21PM

1- you don't

2- They were obliterated by God.

3- It happened just like with the Laminates.

4- Yes they do. Read the book of Mormon.

5- Impossible

6-Nothing

7- There is no point in discussing the EXLDS side of things.

8-Everyone has agency

9-It is not a joke, it is true.

Date: December 01, 2014 02:28PM

"No point in discussing the exlds side of things."
And there you have it.

He really thinks testimonkies will bring people back to his cult.
And yet can't draw the parallel to how all of our testimonkies will never move him. Hello, duh! Yours is just as effective as ours.
Oh wait, why don't you try again, but right after you masturbate, so you are typing with lots of that churchy feeling.

Reading comprehension, this is not exlds, this is EXMORMON.ORG.
Can't even respect the name of the site he is posting to...

Posted by: bob...not registered ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 02:41PM

Have a great life.

I mean that sincerely.

Your #5 is awesome, "Impossible."

It is a contradiction to scripture, as with God all things are possible. When you are ready to pry open that vault, which is your faith, and let the light shine on it from the outside, we'll have something to discuss here.

In the meantime, seriously, have a great life.

Posted by: O'Brien ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 02:55PM

Your going to make a lot of friends with point 7, refusing to discuss or accept that other people have a different perspective is just downright rude and your going to get a hell of a lot of people telling you to get lost. Its going to get a bit lonely if you keep that mindset.

Your forgetting that we have been on the other side and know what its like in the cult. Ask yourself this, if mormonism is perfect why do people leave? I'll give you a clue, its none of the standard putdowns of wanting to sin/never believed it/lazy/etc. its because its WRONG! How can you be a part of a group that has done nothing but screw people over since its inception, lied, destroyed lives and families and even drove people to take their own lives because of the destruction that TSCC leaves in its wake?

Date: December 01, 2014 02:39PM

You understand that according to the church if you commit a sin and repent then commit the sin again that the original sin is placed back on you. So in other words you are a failure. You have failed and according to the church that the abstinence of sin is the only way to be in God's glory. S.W.Kimbell taught that trying is not good enough.

Date: December 01, 2014 02:43PM

waterevil12 Wrote:
> I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal
> Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are
> NOT true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere
> heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ,
> he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the
> power of the Holy Ghost.

Nope, I'm still calling BS on this one. They're trying far too hard to give every robotic canned LDS answer. No one can be that naive.

The emphasis on the word "NOT" makes me even more suspicious.

This is someone who knows full well, and is calling attention to the fact, that no matter how you phrase that question, the answer still comes out that the Church is not true.

"Heavenly Father, is the Church not true?" "Yes, the Church is NOT true."

"Heavenly Father, is the Church not true?" "No, the Church is not true."

Whether He answered yes or no, either way, it still comes out as not true.

Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 03:20PM

bWahahaha

now THAT'S the Truth.

another one,
if the TSCTC the-so-called-true-church is really true why do present day essays still manage to omit actual truth and skew data so that they're lying....AGAIN.
They give 1/2 truths, whole lies and a few actual whole truths, like Joseph Smith's name really was Joseph Smith.

Lies past and present is the opposite of Truth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 03:21PM by MyTempleNameIsJoan.

Posted by: I'm not a mormon ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 03:02PM

Notice that waterevil12 keeps asserting that the church is true, yet offers up no proof that it is true, besides his feelings. Ergo, the church is not true, as there is no evidence of the truthfulness of the church given by him, except feelings.

Feelings which may come from Stan.

Date: December 01, 2014 03:38PM

My recent epiphany is similar to this.
missionaries teach people milk - sour milk that isn't true. They do not teach investigators the truth.They don't even teach investigators the quasi-lies called lds.org essays.

If the Holy Spirit tells you that it's true, then the Holy Spirit is a liar.
Why would I listen to a Spirit that is lying?
I mean, how holy is that?

Posted by: celloman ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 03:17PM

Have fun on your mission waterevil12. I hope you are happy in the church as we are outside of it.

Posted by: surroundednjudged ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 03:19PM

Thanks you guys; I knew I could count on you not to let this one get away! I picked up on something in his testimony though that no one has addressed. Maybe as a nevermo it didn't push my buttons faith-wise so I saw through it. What I read was a person very unhappy in his home life and looking for some unconditional love. He speaks of feeling the spirit within LDS families, wanting a family to accept him "no matter how much money" he makes and loving his family "until the day I die".

Sounds to me like a sad kid who was ripe for the picking by the lds vultures.

Waterevil12, please tell us more about your current home situation and maybe we can steer you toward some REAL help and resolution with your current family so you don't have to subjugate yourself to this farce in an effort to find love and acceptance.

Date: December 01, 2014 03:22PM

I picked up on that comment too.
I was a teen convert and that was one of a few reasons I joined too.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 03:56PM

Why else would he call himself "water evil"???

Date: December 01, 2014 04:00PM

It is a username I have had since I was 12 years old. I thought it was cool when I made it

Posted by: In a hurry ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 05:05PM

The search engine Duck Duck Go gives no results for the username waterevil12. . .except for right here at good ol' Exmormon.org.

One would think if you've been using it for FIVE WHOLE YEARS, other hits would come up.

'Fess up. You're RaptorJesus having us on.

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 05:10PM

So if you converted after you claimed the name "waterevil12" how would you have come up with that name? Did you "know" morons thought water was controlled by Satan? See, you blew it right there.

Maybe you are a member, a convert, and maybe you joined because you received something missing in your home life. I hope that you home life is good.

Otherwise you are a troll. Or seriously you are delusional. If you came to my door and said the shite you say here I would think you were crazy.

Or arrogant. Or a prick. Or a stupid kid. so which one is it? Just having fun?

Time for a nap!!

Date: December 01, 2014 05:44PM

Probably lives in Waterville.

Date: December 01, 2014 05:53PM

Everyone wave. Time for him to go.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.