Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 08:21PM

used as an honorific for members the LDS Security service -- sort of like "Checkist" is still used by insiders of the Cheka->NKVD->KGB->FSB...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: happycat ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 09:23PM

As an armed militant force that chops off desenter's nuts and nail them on doors, shoot and strip little children's bodies naked (Meadow's mountain), and slit people's throats from ear to ear, as well fight battles as a militia.

no they don't exist anymore. As individual murderers of say homosexuals, and others in random but increasing violence. yes.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 10:28PM

“Salk Lake City police officers admitted Thursday that the accidental wounding of an undercover officer occurred during surveillance of Mormon dissident Douglas A. Wallace.”

- Salt Lake Tribune, Sept. 17, 1977

The problem was that this poor officer was a city cop doing surveillance in the county. He was staying at the Fitzgerald home.

Wallace had given the priesthood to a Black man when that was against policy and had come to SLC during Conference.

The church had the city cops in their pocket evidently and used them for surveillance.

For more on this topic, see Wallace’s autobiography, available online at:
http://www.utlm.org/newsletters/no39.htm#A%20REAL%20COVER-UP

Members of the September six said that they were they were being wiretapped judging from all the odd clicking noises on their phones.

Steve Benson has posted a lot of details about the SCMC committee that has done spying, and his discussion about it with top leaders.

They don't need Danite anymore.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 11:03PM

I can't remember the name of the book, but it was chilling. Apparently, according to the story, the network is world wide, and will even murder, if necessary.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 05:16PM

I was chatting a few years ago with an exmormon Christian minister who often did informational picketing at temple open house events. He said that before one of those events he had been contacted by the FBI and warned that "Mormon Danites" were planning to do him harm. He went anyway.

I suspect that there are some kooky Mormons who consider themselves "called" to do the Lord's dirty work and defend God's Kingdom from its enemies. I doubt, however, that they are really organized by the church.

My TBM nephew, for example, who is a police officer in a large west-coast city, let it be known in the family that he was outraged at my attacks on the church, and felt that "something should be done to stop him!" That was a few months ago, and I'm still OK.

I'll let you all know if I turn up with a slit throat.

Posted by: me ( )
Date: October 16, 2010 09:17AM

Richard:

That is the kicker. Those of us who frequently irritate their over-sensitivity know that if they retaliate, it will be very easy to know whodunit. Glad to know that the FBI is aware of the problem, rather than so infiltrated with them that they believe that we are the transgressors.

My father used to mumble about the "Mormon Mafia."

Posted by: davetheseer ( )
Date: October 16, 2010 03:37AM

I don't know if there are officially sanctioned Danites but I do know that when I was a member of the security forces and a TBM I belonged to a group of men who called themselves Danites.

The leader of that group is currently the SP of the region in which the group operated. We were arrogant and all of actions we believed were sanctioned by God even if almost all of them were illegal. This happen between the years 1979 and 1987.

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: October 16, 2010 10:11AM

waiting for the nod. I'm sure it's not a stretch to think that these individuals may be tapped if necessary.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 16, 2010 08:18PM

They don't want me back Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> waiting for the nod. I'm sure it's not a stretch
> to think that these individuals may be tapped if
> necessary.

I am intrigued. Please tell us more. Obviously, not at risk of yourself or of others you respect.

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: October 16, 2010 10:05PM

I just think that the Mormon elite would find and exploit the more radical, rabid, fringe members whose sanity hangs by a thread. They would be aware of these individuals, make their (hummm, Gods wishes known) point them in the right direction and eliminate whatever threat they want gone.

Of course if any of this gets traced back they can just say the person misunderstood the conversation and took it upon themselves to act and are crazy.

I am a conspiracy believer

Posted by: Danite ( )
Date: October 16, 2010 03:23PM

You gentiles wanna really find out about the Danites? Come out from your internet cloaks of anonymity and you might just find out the hard way. ;)

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 16, 2010 03:23PM

Wacko nuts maybe who imagine they are some kind of Danite.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.