Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: antilehinephi ( )
Date: December 30, 2015 10:28PM

I am completely out. My husband does not believe but attends occasionally for social reasons. Today we received a Christmas form letter in the mail from our former bishop. They are on a mission There was a scrawled message saying how we should serve a mission because we are into "service". These people know I do not believe. Should I respond? It kind of feels like when people leave do dads on the front porch and run. No conversation, just slipped it in there. The letter was STUPID It told month by month what they had done and who had visited them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 30, 2015 10:37PM

"Dear Fool, I'm glad it's working out for you. I know it would never work for me. Have a great rest of your life!"

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 30, 2015 10:41PM

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: December 30, 2015 10:50PM

I agree with Susan. I'd just toss it out. I wouldn't want to open up communications with them. They'll see encouragement wherever they can.

If I replied, it would probably just be, "Not bloody likely," but I wouldn't have the guts to send that. I'd just throw it out.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 30, 2015 11:52PM

Yup -- circular file. They don't care about your opinion. They just want to vomit their own to all creation.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: December 31, 2015 12:02AM

Tell them that you ARE on a mission, to sell AMWAY. And you were actually thinking that since they may need to build up their financial resources when they return, they should look you up when they return and you can help them achieve financial independence.

They won't bother you again.

You're welcome. ;-)

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: December 31, 2015 12:18AM

I concur with the comments made above. Throw the letter away, shred it, burn it and have a happy dance because you just resisted the devil's temptations to build the kingdom of Joseph Smith via guilt and emotional blackmail.

It's interesting how they are recruiting people to serve along side them. It raises an important point, where is the 80,000 missionaries? Aren't they serving or are those numbers bogus like everything else in the cult?

If your friends insist, feel free to inform them you are busy with many worthy projects of service now that demand your on going full and undivided attention. It's a gracious way of putting the kabosh on their pestering.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 31, 2015 12:19AM

How desperate does this sound?!?! I agree. I'd just ignore it. If they contact you again, I would definitely say something.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.