Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Louis P George ( )
Date: January 10, 2016 04:15PM

To Whom It May Concern:

It is common knowledge that over the last year you have received thousands of letters just like mine and I do not expect mine to be accepted any differently. I am keenly aware that my letter may be tossed into the stack and that I should expect to receive the same short and generic response that so many others have also received. I have a full understanding that you do not know my face, you do not know my heart and you do not know my spirit. You do not know the wild force I can be for what I believe to be true and you will never know how that force could have been beneficial to your church. I am fiercely passionate about the truths of my heart and the strength I have within could have helped elevate the work that you so often speak of. However, it has become clear to me, as it has to so many others, that you have turned your back on the many that are hurting right now over the new church policy. People believe this act to be the church’s way of separating the wheat from the tares but I see it more as you having cut off your right hand in order to “save” your left. Well, I am your right hand. Every one of us whom you have lost is your right hand and you will never again be whole without us.

I know these words are futile, as I know they most likely fall on deaf ears. I also know that I am quite possibly not even a name to you. I may be no more than a number that you can so conveniently delete from your system and forget ever existed. But I do exist and I do matter.

The power of my words will never be enough to convince you to turn back and heal the wounded you have left for dead. However, I pray to the Heavenly Father I believe in, the Father I was taught about since I was a child in primary, the Heavenly Father who loves ALL His children, with a Son who hearkened ALL the children to come unto Him and I pray that he won’t turn His back on you. I pray that He will some day soften your heart and will make you as children who so naturally love as only Christ can love. Until that day, I must stand behind these words that I write and say, here am I; resign me.

Sincerely,

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 10, 2016 04:44PM

Very nice letter that will fall on deaf ears.

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: January 10, 2016 05:08PM

Posted by: munchkin ( )
Date: January 10, 2016 11:54PM

Awesome letter. Good for her!

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: January 11, 2016 07:12AM

I get a sense that her passionate letter does not say the minimal things that the Mormon bureaucrats need to help her resign.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: January 11, 2016 07:44AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.