Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Claire Ferguson ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 03:49AM

Anyone know the recently called Area Seventy, Clifford T Herbertson? I knew him and his wife, before they were married, years ago in the singles ward in London.

To be honest I always thought he was very attractive, he had a lovely Scottish accent and great legs (he played a lot of football if I remember correctly). He was quite hot in those days.

He was always very confident, extremely TBM, and by all accounts is now very wealthy. So I guess it's no surprise he had quite a successful church career and will probably continue to do so. I'd say he's one to watch.

I often wonder if people like him truly believe in the church. I can't understand it if he does, seeing as he is so intelligent. I still can't figure out how people can't see the obvious. But then again I wonder whether the status they have in the church, and amongst the members, is a drug that is just too hard to give up. Cliff has been treated and viewed as a celebrity for years, and that was before this recent calling was announced.

I reckon the church has well and truly got him.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2012 03:50AM by clairefergie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 04:08AM

somewhere in the vaults at the London temple.

Truly assimilated.

:-)

Briggy

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 06:26AM

He was the stake president of my stake for a while. I never really interacted with him, and have no idea what he was like.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 06:39AM

wow someone's been digging in the vaults!

must have done a search on cliffy boy to come up with this old post.

I would comment, but it's probably just a 'drive by' by a little mormon lad on school holidays

Posted by: brit-exmo ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 08:14AM

Wonder if he got his second annointng ...

Posted by: alcoa ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 10:41AM

My guess is that he's just been too busy to think about it. I was in two successive Bishoprics, totalling about five years. Even though I had growing doubts throughout that period, it was also the most TBM I've been since returning home from my mission. Having to spend so much time in those types of callings, along with family time and a demanding professional career, leaves little time for thought or reflection. You just go from one task to another throughout the week. My dissafection really started once I was released from the Bishopric and had more time to think, read and research.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 12:16PM

"Elder Herbertson received a corporate finance diploma from London Business School in 1990. In 1988 he received with honours his Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from University College London.  He started his career in 1985 as a research assistant and speech-writer for a member of parliament while he finished his schooling. From 1989 until 2002 he worked as a partner for two strategy consulting firms: Monitor Group and Kalchas Group. He was a Board Director of Exel Plc from 2002 until 2007. In 2007 he started his current position as a Founding Partner of Venture Capital Company Paradigm Global Partners LLP.."

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 12:47PM

Those are the REAL reasons he's moving up the corporate ladder. It has nothing to do with spirituality.

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 12:45PM

Don't know the guy but looking at his career/education history, it certainly looks very impressive.

It's maybe a good thing that the 'Lord' has changed his recruitment policy and raised the bar - look at all the trouble he got into by headhunting lowly fishermen and tax collectors.

Posted by: Anonymous100 ( )
Date: March 19, 2016 10:08AM

I have known Clifford and his family for to long. Clifford is all about his self importance and will show a different side to different perspectives. He has demonstrated manners only to be found in a farm yard though to the perfect veneer expected of a Seventy. His business career like his church careerwas very much on making himself look good. His actual deliverables bear scrutiny!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 19, 2016 11:20AM

the thread police do not look kindly on old threads.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 19, 2016 11:38AM

I think it's because so many TBMs resurrect them. The above post is fine.

Also, if one is taking the time to give advice, it might interest them to know that the OP is long (i.e. years) gone.

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: March 19, 2016 12:21PM

"Cliff Herbertson"....

Sounds made up. Is he an importer/exporter or an architect?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.