Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 01:26AM

Have any of you revealed your names in this forum?...Your REAL NAMES... Maybe the wards you have attended? I think it would be blast to run into people I know on here! I'll do it first if you want me to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2014 01:27AM by bingoe4.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: To hell in a handbasket ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 01:34AM

I don't want to put my name, but I will say I'm from North Idaho, the Moscow/Lewiston area : )

Date: December 18, 2014 01:39AM

My name is Jay Burris. I was baptized into the Volcano Cliffs ward in Albuquerque NM in 1995. I went on a mission to the Philippines Bacolod Mission in 1996. I attended the singles ward at San Diego State (the 18th Ward I think) And the Kailua Ward in Hawaii when I was in the MArines. I also went to the military ward on Camp Hansen in Okinawa. I finally left the church around 2003.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 02:02AM

I've always liked the name Jay.

Date: December 18, 2014 02:03AM

I like it too, though growing up it was a little rough.

Posted by: SoCal Apostat ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 02:16AM

Many have a reasons not to reveal their identity. Fortunately, I'm not one of them.

Steve Lawrence
Reseda Ward
West Indies Mission 1985-87

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 02:23AM

every day. Don Bagley, late of the traveling Mormon Klan presently residing in St George, which is subject to flight and always available for witless re-location. Follow the goldbricker road.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2014 02:31AM by donbagley.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 03:23AM

Not until my wife-beater temple ex-husband stops stalking me, in an attempt to corral me and my children (with my second husband) as his eternal possessions, or if he just feels like assaulting someone. He has two other temple wives, some kids of his own, and he's still "a member in good standing" in the Mormon cult. Evidently, it's OK for Mormon men to abuse women, beat their sisters, kill the neighbors' pets, con money from their relatives, and be a MLM con-man by trade. It was OK for Joseph Smith, and it is OK for my ex-husband.

My ex is related to a very important GA, so their cult would never allow me a temple divorce, even when I remained temple-worthy, and wanted to marry a temple-worthy man in the temple. I'm afraid of my violent ex. I'm afraid his Mormon Mafia family might try to ruin my career. I have PTSD. You wouldn't want to know the real me.

I don't want my children involved in any of this. These are good reasons to remain anonymous, don't you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2014 03:24AM by forestpal.

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 03:29AM

I wouldn't put forth my name online. Not just yet anyway, being a student at a church school. I'd love to meet people from the board though.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 04:22AM

Many people have more than excellent reasons to remain anonimous.

I don't. But you wouldn't know me anyway as I am born and bred in the NEtherlands. I did spend a few years in Atlanta GA though but not long.

If anybody is from my neck of the woods or has served a mission here between 1978 and 1991 give me a shout and I'll give you more details.

Posted by: thorn ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 04:32AM

Richard Simmons
Bellbird Park Ward
Ipswich Australia

Moved to Australia in 81 from Alberta Canada
So what can they do to me I don't recognize their authority.

Posted by: annabailey ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 04:58AM

My name is anna bailey, a professional writer.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 05:06AM

Not a mo, of course, but a puppy mill survivor. You'd be amazed what that has in common with mormonism... like being forced into a small box or cage evrn if ya don't fit!

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 18, 2014 05:25AM

And internet sense. We advise people to USE CAUTION giving out IRL (InRealLife) info PERIOD.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.