Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MeAgain ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 12:21AM

Who are the mods?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 12:29AM

It's a pro-truth site.

Your mileage may vary...

Date: May 24, 2016 12:37AM

So the mods are pro-atheism?

Posted by: goodlyexmormon ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 12:43AM

It's an exmormon site. People here can have any variety of views. Atheism is simply the most popular.

Date: May 24, 2016 12:47AM

So the mods are pro-atheism? Why?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 12:49AM

Intelligence?

Date: May 24, 2016 12:50AM

Really?

Date: May 24, 2016 12:53AM

So all of the mods here are atheist?

Date: May 24, 2016 12:57AM

I can absolutely, positively tell you that at least one mod may be and one mod may not be, with the others too close to call without serious examination of the replays.

I am a Frodo-Atheist, meaning that I believe there's a better chance of The Lord of the Rings saga being true than the saga of the old and new testaments.

It's not a big deal, you know...

Date: May 24, 2016 12:59AM

I really care. Now if the mods here are 100 percent Atheist, that is peculiar.

Date: May 24, 2016 01:05AM

What percentage passes muster with you?

Seriously, based on your time here, have you reached a conclusion that something is 'wrong' with RfM with regard to the amount of play atheism gets?

I don't think I've seen atheism 'preached' here; it's not like we think you should non-believe as we do and accept non-baptism into the Atheist Society of ExMormons who don't want to die and go to Heaven!

Date: May 24, 2016 01:10AM

You must either be moderated by an Atheist on exmormon.com, or have an ex-mormon Atheist moderate and delete your pro-Christian comments.
Thats the truth.

Date: May 24, 2016 01:14AM

Open books.

Date: May 24, 2016 01:20AM

Its so secretive. I believe a fair balanced approach is best. When you may have 100percent pro-Atheist mods, its something.

Date: May 24, 2016 01:24AM

I love the word "fair" !!!!

So many, many people are so certain they can define it!

Date: May 24, 2016 12:45AM

I think the majority of the posters here left the church based on an appraisal of the evidence supporting the authenticity of the church, finding said evidence to be either false or illogical.

Having used what I hauntingly call 'intellect' to free themselves of belief in the foundational mormon fairy tales, it's often hard to stop. It's like when you discover there's no Santa Claus, you begin to wonder about the Easter Rabbit and the Tooth Fairy, et al. It's not hard to then include Jesus...along with Thor, Zeus, etc.

As for who the mods are, why would that be an issue? Are you in favor of having words and thoughts you don't like, banned? Are they not doing it the way you'd like? I get about 1/20th of my posts and threads yanked, but I understand why and I know that in the end, the Universal Ether Being will get them for it. The UEB will not be mocked!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2016 12:48AM by elderolddog.

Posted by: leftfield ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 12:59AM

Given the repetitive nature of your comments in this thread, I'm beginning to understand your handle.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 01:03AM

The mods are former Mormons with exception of one, that I'm aware of. It does seem like a majority of ex-mos to this site are atheists. The mods want atheists to feel at home here as there are other ex-mo sites that are not neutral or friendly to atheists.

They tend to dominate but there are still those here who believe in God, including some Christians.

There are ex-mo sites dedicated to Christian only. And other venues that you may find less atheist friendly. I am still a believer, who finds some of the discussions here lively, interesting and challenging. The others I don't understand or wish to jump in I just pass over.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 01:03AM

Why do you ask?

Date: May 24, 2016 01:07AM

It's a fair question, especially for a newcomer.

Asking is healthy. Why question curiosity?

Date: May 24, 2016 01:11AM

I'm wondering what spurred the question. Does OP think the mods are being unfair?

Date: May 24, 2016 01:35AM

Guess it will be up to the OP to explain that to us.

The initial impression I had when I arrived on this "planet" was that believers are merely tolerated, and atheists are given carte blanche.

The moderators try to be "fair." Yet in all fairness, considering their bent, they're actually very liberal in tolerating multiple theological views while they themselves accept atheism over deism.

One thing being here will do is either cement your beliefs or grind them to powder.

One thing I've wondered since being here is whether when some Mormons jumped ship from the Mormon planet to the Atheist one, did they just trade one alliance for another? Because some of the atheists here are as adamant about being atheists as they ever were Mormons. To me it begs the question: can die hard atheists also be akin to belonging to a cult of atheism? Even if it isn't a religion per se, because it's the absence of one. Because they are about as adamant and zealous as any religious zealot I've known. (Not saying this about all atheists, just some. Like some religious nuts. Not all religious are zealous either. So I've observed some comparisons worth noting between them.)

Hateful atheists are worse IMO than pseudo feigning love Mormons.

And then there are those atheists who are just loving and kind. Thank God it takes all kinds on this planet. (That's a believer talking now.)

:)

Date: May 24, 2016 02:00AM

There certainly have been atheist posters on this site who have been rather, um, undiplomatic in their approach to debating theists.

As far as the mods, I have gotten the feeling that they lean more towards agnosticism that atheism. It would be interesting to know for sure.

: )

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 01:11AM

if this was a pro-atheism site you wouldn't be able to spew theistic crap.

Date: May 24, 2016 01:22AM

So, the mods are Atheist?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 01:24AM

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 04:45AM

You must have just come in on today's wagon. Eric started, owns and runs the site. His is the first story you will find linked from the front page. IT HAS BEEN THERE FOR OVER 18 YEARS. It was actually the original content. I have been around for ..... hell I forget. Sixteen years? CZ joined us a couple of years after that. Other admin have come and gone. New mods come in. What is your beef? You are playing some kind of game and you best get it together or you can find another place to post.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 01:25AM

I find the question, "Who are the mods?" not relevant. This is a site where, to participate, identities are not required unless someone cares to give said identity.

So, I guess I question why this question is being asked, or if I am completely misunderstanding the question.

Date: May 24, 2016 01:39AM

I believe a fair and balanced approach is better. 100 percent Atheist mods is not that.

Date: May 24, 2016 01:47AM

I don't think RfM is the Fox News of exmormonism.

Seriously, a thing is only 'fair' when it agrees with you. When someone doesn't agree with you, that person is 'unfair'. It's one of the world's worst concepts! It's almost up there with 'right' and 'wrong'!!

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 01:39AM

from the first page:

"Recovery from Mormonism

A site for those who are

Questioning their faith in the Mormon Church

And for those who need support

As they transition their lives to

a normal life.

We are not affiliated with any religion

and we do not advocate any religion."

There you have it.

If you want to say something, go for it. I've been here for a long time, and I really don't know if the moderators believe in God or not. It's irrelevant. If you follow the rules of posting, and don't try to preach, you'll get along fine. But there are no sacred cows. So expect a lively discussion.

Date: May 24, 2016 01:43AM

Its peculiar that you accept 100 percent Atheist mods.

Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 01:40AM

No. Many here believe in the Google god, for good reasons.

Date: May 24, 2016 01:42AM

No Pete, it isn't Google god, it's Dr. Google!

:)

Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 01:46AM

With a PHD in BS.
;)

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 01:49AM

Wow, you managed to fill up this thread saying almost nothing. In just over an hour.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 01:49AM

ghawd, now I have a headache from reading all this.

Date: May 24, 2016 02:02AM

Maude. And then theres Maude.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 04:52AM

You must have come in on yesterday's truck. Eric started, owns, set up the site and his is the first story on it. Been there for ... 18-19 years now. Original content of the entire site. Kinna hard to miss. I have been here for.... 16 years? CZ for a couple after that. Others have come and gone over the years.

Of more interest is your interest and the way you asked. Email works just fine ya know. Seems you are working hard at stirring the pot and fishing. Ya know, there is a word for that.....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.