Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 02:38PM

At least $100 to fix it. Taking FixMeStick back to Walmart(after haircut at new barber. Will be posting from phone for a few days..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 03:23PM

Owie!

Hope it gets fixed and fixed right. :)

Keep us posted, because enquiring minds like to know what's happening wit you.

Date: June 08, 2016 12:31AM

It's estimated repair bill is $50-75 at the moment.

Posted by: Topped ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 07:07PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 07:32PM

The silver lining is that you will get a computer back that is thoroughly tweaked and tuned, and in great shape. My tech always gives me the hour worth of service, and a LOT can be done in that hour. You should be very happy with the result.

Date: June 07, 2016 07:59PM

http://www.greenerpc.com/

Here is where its being fixed.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 07:35PM

Take the stick to the temple, and get it a new name:
BreakItStick.

:)

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 09, 2016 05:54PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Take the stick to the temple, and get it a new
> name:
> BreakItStick.
>
> :)

HAHA!! Love that one!! It goes along with: ThrowItOutTheWindow Fix it shop!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 09, 2016 06:02PM

I hope my decision to rely on first-person referral for computer set up was a good idea. So far, everything is working fine.

About WalMart -- if they don't have it in our small town, forget trying to find it anywhere else. Our little WalMart was expanded but still not one of those outrageous super stores. No gas, or tires, etc.either. Closed down the tire repair section.
Businesses open and close here. Pier One is gone. KMart left years ago, two long time restaurants closed this year. Some of the bigger stores are the Good Will and the 99.99 cent store!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 10:09PM

Another reason not to ever shop at Walmart....lol

RB

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 10:20PM

Lethbridge Reprobate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another reason not to ever shop at Walmart....lol
>
> RB

I agree. I'd rather go to Fry's or some other store that is full of computer geeks for anything related to computers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2016 10:20PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: Backseater ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 10:41AM

We've got a huge Fry's here in PHX. I've built a desktop system from components bought there and also got a laptop. Great selection, helpful staff, no-hassle returns--a good experience all around.

Of course, your mileage may vary....

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 11:09AM

I love & hate Fry's. I used to go to the one in Burbank. Had everything you could possibly need (and tons of stuff you don't), but it always took FOREVER to checkout. Didn't matter if you had one item or ten, it always took 20+ minutes to get out of there.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 10:55AM

Where Anon 2 lives, the WalMart is the main event in town. There isn't much else there but for a WalMart.

I was there last month when I had to gas up my car for a long road trip after visiting my brother.

The area is really pretty, I will say.

The coffee shop across the street I really liked. And the Subway inside WalMart is a pleasant place to get a drink & sandwich.

Where my brother lives is in the boondocks. The night before as I was trying to sleep there was a huge storm that sounded like a tornado was landing. He said that was nothing and they get those 2-3 times a month.

The girl in town at the WalMart where I stopped before getting on the road told me that storm was not "normal" and they do not get that kind very frequently.

Whatever. I would not want to drive the long winding canyon road where brother lives in a high wind. He said he has seen cars literally blown off that road in such inclement weather.

Not my cup o'tea.

:/ meh

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2016 11:18AM by Amyjo.

Date: June 08, 2016 08:29PM

Now we've got Panda Express, Domino's and Jimmy John's across from Wal-Mart. The nearest subway is in a has station.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 08:23PM

My laptop (refurbished Dell Inspiron with Windows 7) acted like it was dying a couple weeks ago. I had been on a webpage that may have infected my computer. It was taking tens of minutes to reboot or it didn't at all. So I did some research using my Dell desktop computer. I ended up doing at least 3 complete total system scans and then downloaded AVG's "fix" program. After running that twice and another complete system scan just to be sure, this laptop started to recover. After about 3 days it was back to normal.

RB

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 08:28PM

Smallsmall town... no Fry's anywhere around; nearest Wally-World is like 25 miles away.

S'why I had to learn to fix my own computer.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: June 09, 2016 10:20AM

Or is this a different chain specific to computers and electronics? I'm thinking of a grocery chain.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: June 09, 2016 01:52PM

For most of us, Fry's is a chain of large stores that sell computers and electronics, as well as supplies. The people that work there know their stuff, but sometimes, it takes at least 20 minutes to check out.

It sounds like where the OP lives, there's only Wal-Mart for most stuff, including electronics.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: June 09, 2016 02:34PM

Funny thing... I'm the one who did not want to get a computer all those years ago. My hubsie did, so I just shrugged, knowing I wouldn't go near it. I just figured it would be one of his man toys.

Now he goes, "Babe, can you check my computer? It's making a funny noise" or "Should I get Windows 10? Can you install it for me?"

Funny how things change.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.