Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 06:46PM

Don't know if this story is about LDS people

http://video.aol.com/video/two-in-a-million-good-morning-america/2291028751

but interracial marriage is still discouraged by LDS in this current Aaronic Priesthood Manual

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=1f4fa41f6cc20110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=198bf4b13819d110VgnVCM1000003a94610aRCRD

“We recommend that people marry those who are of the same racial background..."

So does this mean that when these children grow up Gabe should marry a white woman and Trinity marry a black man? Is this what Brigham Young wanted to avoid?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ultratbmmegalord ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 06:48PM

They need to repent, put both the kids up for adoption, divorce each other, find a spouse of the same color, and get remarried. It's the only way they can be truly happy.

Posted by: ultratbmmegalord ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 06:50PM

Must...toughen my spiritual resolve against their cuteness, or I will end up denying the faith...must toughen my spiritual resolve.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 07:03PM

They are fraternal twins. Not identical twins.
It's rare but it happens with interracial couples.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 07:39PM

look quite different from each other.
Also, there is always a possibility they could be half-siblings with different fathers.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 07:06PM

No, he just hated people of dark skin.

Date: March 25, 2011 07:13PM

I agree. He said this:

"In the priesthood I will tell you what it will do. Where the children of God to mingle there seed with the seed of Cain it would not only bring the curse of being deprived of the power of the priesthood upon themselves but they entail it upon their children after them, and they cannot get rid of it. If a man in an unguarded moment should commit such a transgression, if he would walk up and say cut off my head, and kill man woman and child it would do a great deal towards atoning for the sin."

Posted by: Dave in Long Beach ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 08:16PM

This makes my head explode. How can one womb carry the chosen race and the reviled race?!

Posted by: dino ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 08:49PM

If you feel like reading an interesting book that talks about this and other ideas, read "Biology Unmoored" by Sandra Bamford. She is not a mormon author and really makes a person think.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 10:04PM

Date: March 25, 2011 10:20PM

It was a sin to go against the commandments of god.

“Brigham Young made a very strong statement on this matter when he said, ‘... shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so.’ God has commanded Israel not to intermarry. To go against this commandment of God would be to sin. Those who willfully sin with their eyes open to this wrong will not be surprised to find that they will be separated from the presence of God in the world to come. This is spiritual death.... It does not matter if they are one-sixth Negro or one-one hundred and sixth, the curse of no Priesthood is still the same.... To intermarry with a Negro is to forfeit a ‘Nation of Priesthood holders.’”
(Elder John L. Lund, The Church and the Negro, pages 54-55, 1967)

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 11:52PM

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:46PM

But anyway, the story of Kylie and Remi made me wonder if perhaps two mixed-race parents have a better chance of getting twins with different colors than a black and a white parent? I'd reckon it's even more unlikely. Mulatto daddy, mulatto mummy, but a black and a white child? Seems unlikely.

I do hope all these kids will be judged on who they are, not what they are.

Posted by: WM ( )
Date: March 27, 2011 11:49PM

there was a couple in the UK last year, can't remember if it was black kids to a white couple or vice versa. It's just a genetic thing. There was the information in the parents' genes, even tho' it perhaps had been recessive for generations and something happened at the right time to manifest the information when it did.

Posted by: Devorah ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 05:44AM

Sing along with me:
Bigotry, o sweet bigotry..."
Sheesh!

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:13AM

Posted by: pinkparrot ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 11:20AM

The Babies a so cute! I have a interracial marriage Black/White, The words of brigham young was the main reason I left the church. Specially this part

If a man in an unguarded moment should commit such a transgression, if he would walk up and say cut off my head, and kill man woman and child it would do a great deal towards atoning for the sin."

So according to a so called prophet of God my family should just kill ourself to make up for are so called sin, Including my Innocent two year old son.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.