Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 07:18PM

I received this from a friend -

A new guideline has been drafted and will be read to all US and Candian LDS Bishops regarding dress standards for ALL Latter Day Saints females. Below is a first draft that has not yet been approved by the First Presidency. Release date will be before General Conference.

Modest dress standards for females is a commandment from the Lord. It is important LDS females do everything possible to keep righteous thoughts in the minds of Latter Day Saint men. Our wise and kind Havenly Father created men to have sexual thoughts just by looking at the female body. The Lord through his prophet has revealed it is now necessary for females of all ages to wear clothing that does not promote sexual thoughts in men.

Satan has used this power of creation to encourage women and girls to wear immodest and sexual clothing such as tight leggings, short skirts, shoulder less sleeves and other erotic designs.

In response to the evil plans of Satan, all LDS clothing centers will offer church approved clothes for females to wear at all times and in all places. The new design will consist of four colours - blue for married women, black for divorced or widow women, blue for single women and light blue for virgin females.

The new church approved clothing design will consist of a single piece of cloth starting at the neck and wrapping around the body in a lose fashion until it reaches two inches above the ankle. Different cloths, designs and shapes will be available along with florals for individual taste.

Please direct all questions to your local Bishop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 07:22PM

"Clothing that doesn't promote sexual thoughts in men..." Hey, even a burka can be sexy! Ever wonder what's underneath? Seriously, the Morg tried to eliminate my sexual thoughts toward my wife by making her wear Garments. It didn't work! Just strip those fuckers off! The Boner.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 07:23PM

I'm a shoe-and-foot fetishist, and I need those properly covered so I don't lapse into lustful reverie at their sight.

Date: December 27, 2014 07:27PM

Maybe we could put something together that's nice that normal women wear that would appeal to both of us. Right now, my favorites are yoga pants, mighty fine, mighty fine!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2014 07:27PM by byuboner.

Date: December 27, 2014 07:33PM

I do think it's amusing that women are fine with yoga pants but very disparaging towards pantyhose. They're practically the same except for the yarn they're knit from.

Getting back on thread, I actually find "modesty" more sexually stimulating that a lot of displayed skin. Modesty creates mystery, and mystery provokes the mind to imagining. I once read somewhere,"The mind is the most powerful of all sex organs (or glands)." So put a lady in a nice blouse, and a skirt or dress that skims the knee or top of the shin, and I'm noticing her a bit more closely than, say, some jogger who's running by in a sports bra and briefs.

Date: December 27, 2014 07:42PM

I agree with the modesty! Sleeze has never been a turn on. Confident, well-educated, strong, classy women rock my boat. But yoga pants and jogging attire are very nice indeed!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2014 07:44PM by byuboner.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 07:44PM

The hate towards pantyhose is because they are sweaty & gross. That's why many ladies keep their legs tanned, or get fake tans.

I wore thick black trouser socks when I was active because I hated my legs, & I hated pantyhose. I also wore longer skirts because of the same fact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2014 07:45PM by Tristan.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 11:42PM

Then yoga pants after. You will immediately notice the difference. Same material doesn't mean same cut, fit, or comfort.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 28, 2014 01:01AM

Pantyhose are the work of the devil. Most women I know have pitched them. They wear leggings or tights, or go without.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: December 28, 2014 05:09AM

I spend a lot of time working in heavily air-conditioned computer rooms or closed areas and I always wear tights. I grew up with the notion that you always wore dress pants with tights (pantyhose) underneath, wore tights under skin tight jeans to keep them from chafing and also to give the illusion you weren't wearing anything at all under them -- especially if you were wearing boots or heels. I suppose it depends on the climate were you grow up or live.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: December 28, 2014 05:55AM

some people take it too far. What is and is not erotic is within the mind of the individual and is totally subjective.

When I was in school the rule was skirts had to reach one hand's width above the knee. I had one Mormon female friend who would never ever wear a skirt above the knees. I had a female manager from India who thought skirts above the mid-calf line were "short." I wear leggings quite often and some people think they are risqué and other people are indifferent to them. I'm tall and have long, narrow (AAA width) feet and I can't tell you how many men constantly ask me about my shoe size and/or want pictures. There are men in New Guinea who wear nothing but a long gourd in which they insert their private parts -- they'd feel "naked" without it and people don't wear any clothing at all in their culture. Thigh high OTK boots are back in now -- are they just fashionable or erotic?

In 1926, the dance scene in "Metropolis" with the False Maria gynid was considered to be scandalous -- today we think nothing of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJmFeJQ6nJs

The same scene in the re-cut Giorgio Moroder version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFSqwwwk0I0

John Ashcroft wanted the semi-nude statue of Lady Justice covered -- Why?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_of_Justice

Times have changed,
And we've often rewound the clock,
Since the Puritans got a shock,
When they landed on Plymouth Rock.
If today,
Any shock they should try to stem,
'Stead of landing on Plymouth Rock,
Plymouth Rock would land on them.

In olden days a glimpse of stocking
Was looked on as something shocking,
But now, God knows,
Anything Goes.

Good authors too who once knew better words,
Now only use four letter words
Writing prose, Anything Goes.

The world has gone mad today
And good's bad today,
And black's white today,
And day's night today,
When most guys today
That women prize today
Are just silly gigolos
And though I'm not a great romancer
I know that I'm bound to answer
When you propose,
Anything Goes

When grandmama whose age is eighty
In night clubs is getting matey with gigolo's,
Anything Goes.

When mothers pack and leave poor father
Because they decide they'd rather be tennis pros,
Anything Goes.

If driving fast cars you like,
If low bars you like,
If old hymns you like,
If bare limbs you like,
If Mae West you like
Or me undressed you like,
Why, nobody will oppose!
When every night,
The set that's smart
Is intruding in nudist parties in studios,
Anything Goes.

The world has gone mad today
And good's bad today,
And black's white today,
And day's night today,
When most guys today
That women prize today
Are just silly gigolos
When you propose,
Anything Goes.

If saying your prayers you like,
If green pears you like
If old chairs you like,
If back stairs you like,
If love affairs you like
With young bears you like,
Why nobody will oppose!

When you propose,
Anything Goes...
Anything Goes!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2014 06:14AM by anybody.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 07:31PM

Lots of luck with that, ladies!

Any realistic logical human being knows that no one can control any other person's thoughts. There is mind control and brainwashing but it takes way more than neck to ankle clothing to pull that off to any extent.

Then we also have Susie's story of going to church for the last time and having a TBM leer at her while hiding in the women's restroom. Why was he there? The bishop secretly gave him permission to stay and do whatever while his wheelchair bound wife ate her lunch and listened to the meeting on a speaker in the nursing stall.

It's impossible to know when to hide bare skin and undies with a pervert hiding in the women's rest room.

Posted by: darkprincess ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 07:33PM

You forgot, any women who is still fertile is required to wear the color red. From now on the LDS church will be more like The Handmaids Tale so they increase the number of mormons by having more children.

Date: December 27, 2014 07:35PM

Maybe they could add a gauge or indicator to announce when they are ovulating.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 07:36PM

They already tried this. For real. Visit the Pioneer Trail State Park east of SLC (by the This is the Place monument), or Google "Deseret Costume". This link may work:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,734147,734632

What's scary is that a great many Mormons, including the G-15, find this entirely appropriate.

Date: December 27, 2014 07:43PM

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 07:40PM

This a joke right?!?

Even my TBM mother would never go for this. She works in the arts, & is constantly trying to prove herself publicly that the cult is "normal".

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 07:49PM

It is all about preparation for the return of polygamy, which will be reinstated as soon as people mostly forget about the LDS involvement in Prop 8.

LDS Inc will use the argument that any adults should be a le to marry (and age of account will be recognized at age 8)

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: December 28, 2014 01:47AM

Priscilla ("Prissy") Monson, the granddaughter of Thomas Monson, who will be the first to launch the new Mormon fashions in her City Creek boutique, told interviewers, "The material and workmanship will be very fine, as we have employed only the oldest, most experienced children in China."

Emma Johnson, the spokeswoman in charge of the female division of temple clothing inventory for the SLC Temple said, "These new, modern dresses will be double-plus-good."

Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: December 28, 2014 06:29AM

Sounds like blue is your favorite color...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.