Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: KingwoodTexan ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 12:13AM

Does the church hate "gay people", or do they hate "gay actions", or are they just pissed that people had the NERVE to accept that marriage can be something different than want LDS INC. Says it is? They are like the little 10 year-old pricks in the treehouse determining what's needed to ascend the tree? I hate that fucking tree... Fuck you LDS Inc. (As one may note, I am in the petty I-Hate-the-fucking-church stage of my faith crisis... And I kind of like it.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 12:51AM

The church believes lesbians are okay, cuz, you know, they can still be impregnated, an' stuff. But the church doesn't like gay men because they aren't 'natural'. Just like left handed people aren't natural. How they get to go the temple is beyond me. Every time a left handed person raises his right arm to the square, Jesus sniffles.

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 01:05AM

...and they need everyone to breed. Breeding is the real mission field.

Posted by: a nanny mouse ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 07:51AM

The thing is - lgbt people DO breed. We may not have "oops!" babies, but we still have babies, because even though we have a partner of the same sex, we're still smart enough to know how babies are made.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 05, 2016 02:06PM

They made that real clear on the mormon leaks video about YSAs. The only way to grow the church is for active YSAs to marry younger and have larger families. They spent a fair amount of time talking about that year between high school and mission. This was before the age lowering. So to be sure, that was the reason they lowered the age. They lose them in that year. Gotta make sure they're church broke by the time they're in their early 20s.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 02:09AM

The church and many mormons are quite fond of pretending that lgbt people dont even exist!
Inconveniently we do.

So they like to pretend that the "rules and gospel are the same for everyone"
Which is why gay people aren't allowed to have romance while remaining members and straight people are.

It may sound contradicting, I know, but thats actually what makes this line of reasoning fit in with mormonism, the fact that it makes no real sense to anyone but people are willing to play along anyway.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 09:03AM

they hate "gay actions." They see it as a threat. If Gays get rights then lots of people may want to go in that direction and not raise middle class hetero valued families. The doctrine comes literally from what the Bible says about the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. They also believe literally what Paul said about it in Romans. People changing their natures and becoming reprobate. They really believe the idea that gays are unable to be normal and good.

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 10:50AM

"It does not mean what you think it means..."
The story of Sodom and Gomorrah was never about homosexuality.

Ezekiel 16: 49-50 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

In the few New Testament mentions of homosexuality it is in laundry lists that should give you an idea of how bad it really is:

1 Corinthians 6: 9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 1:8-10 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

So if I get drunk, or really envy my neighbor's wealth or swear or am disobedient, or lie, or revile (hey - I revile right here all the time!) that is on a par with homosexuality. And "effeminate" is a translation that means male prostitute, so it's not so much being gay as it is doing it for money.

As for Paul's warning - it is in a sermon (Romans 1) all about idolatry. He gives it as an example of what happens when you worship pagan animal and earth Gods, then goes right into another laundry list of other examples "Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful..."

Again envy, debate, whispering, backbiting, disobedient to parents...these are on a par with being gay. In all of these lists heterosexual sexual impurity is listed. Gay is as bad as straight.

And before you get to the Old Testament "their blood is upon them" gay prohibition, a few verses away you are also to put to death disobedient children.

So God hates gay actions, but he mentions heterosexual actions a WHOLE LOT more, and it is on a par with being rude, apparently.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 10:53AM

Marriage used to be about other people controlling what two people could do, but that's changed. TSCC is just the latest in a long line of groups that didn't get the memo.

The couple owns their own marriage. Not a bunch of sanctimonious pricks wearing magic panties.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 12:20PM

TBM'S are just jealous that gay people can be happy with what Mormon's think is a "sin" and what we know that being gay makes us happy! So jokes on them because it makes them way fucking more miserable then us! HA!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2016 12:25PM by damyn.

Posted by: M.Breckenridge ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 12:45PM

If you look at surveys of who is accepting of gays and gay marriage you will see very little acceptance by the older generations and then as the age bracket goes down the acceptance level goes up until you get to the kids in their twenties who mostly don't give a rat's ass about anything that doesn't have it's own App.

The Mormon leaders like to imagine themselves to be the last bastion of setting and upholding moral standards for the world. They haven't figured out that morality is continually honed and polished with empathy, reason, and human kindness. And, since the Big 15 are extremely challenged by those three entities, it isn't hard then to imagine then why the feeble minded arrogant Gerontocracy of the Mormon church are so poisonous toward gay people.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 10:12PM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 08:51PM

Mormons feel the same way about sexual rights that they used to feel about civil rights. They've always opposed the rights of others while demanding their own right to rule.

Date: October 04, 2016 10:09PM

The Brethren are men who came of age in the post WW2 era. For them it represents the "good" way of living -- men went to work and women stayed at home and had babies. Nonwhites were kept out of public life and segregated. Anyone not accepting this arrangement was considered to be subversive and dangerous. Gay people didn't fit into this system.

In the antebellum South whites believed that slavery was the "natural condition" of African Americans. This 1950s worldview allows only a sex and gender binary. Today, we know that's not true. The Brethren however are still living in that restricted era and will do whatever is necessary to maintain Mormonism as a microcosm of that era...like M. Night Shalyman's "The Village."

https://www.amazon.com/Sin-Sex-Subversion-Became-America%C2%92s/dp/1631440446

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2016 10:34PM by anybody.

Posted by: mr obvious ( )
Date: October 04, 2016 11:02PM

The money and "mainstream" "moral majority."

I see it as financial, and lacking in foresight. Yes, they want breeders, but they also want, even need, to align themselves with the "majority" religious. They don't want to be the even MORE weird xtianity (shhhh polygamous) (shhhh magic underwear wearin'secret handshakin') (shhhh kolob-bound) (shhhh peep stonin') sect in town.

It is only among the brethren that these things make them so damn speshul. To be accepted at larger religious and political tables, deny, deny, deny, and we hate the gays, too. See? Just like any other god-fearin' xtian.

Posted by: AzPolarBear ( )
Date: October 05, 2016 10:30AM

In the end it is really about getting the check at the restaurant.

When my ex-wife and I went to the restaurant (she always ordered salad, of course) the wait-person never asked if we wanted separate checks.

When my husband and I go to the restaurant, they always ask if we want separate checks.

There must be something about separate checks that gives power to the Mormons / Religious Right / Xtians. Some strange, unknown, power. Makes me wonder...

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: October 05, 2016 10:59AM

I'll dumb it down for you: Follow the money.

Gay marriage means no revenue from the gay people. They can't get into the temple, so they can choose to not bother with tithing. The church thinks they don't make babies (maybe adopt them, but probably not allowed to in Utah), so they aren't even breeding the downline like a proper TBM MLM participant. (Although I know plenty of gay people with babies. There's such a thing as a turkey baster.)

Gay marriage generates no revenue stream for the church; therefore, it must be castigated and vilified and people must be threatened with eternal hellfire and damnation or else they won't be bothered to hand over their money.

Follow the money. Follow the money. Follow the money.

Date: October 05, 2016 01:24PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.