Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 31, 2016 08:11PM

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I met with some prominent Velociraptors, both unfeathered and feathered, from the Dinosaurian League of Planets at a dinner to celebrate their victory over the earth dinosaurs 65 million years ago, who refused to pay tribute to the Dinosauria envoy?

Man, those guys know how to party!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 31, 2016 09:12PM

I love that story, especially when you tell it the original Klingon!

Q'Plah!!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 31, 2016 09:19PM

So, did Holland give details about these ancient Jews who were always talking about Jesus Christ, by name, in the BoM?

Way to fulfill prophecy, Elijah, or Elias, or Elton John, or whoever it was that played the temple that night.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: October 31, 2016 08:21PM

Yeah, like Jewish leaders think of mormonism as valid. Especially since mormons have the audacity of calling Jews "Gentiles". Ha!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 01, 2016 04:46PM

StillAnon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, like Jewish leaders think of mormonism as
> valid. Especially since mormons have the audacity
> of calling Jews "Gentiles". Ha!

They were rolling their eyes when he said that.
Then he told them that mormons are the new "Jews," the chosen people, whose patriarchal blessings all say which of the 10 tribes of Israel they're from.

That's when they walked out on him.

:)

Posted by: Amos90 ( )
Date: October 31, 2016 08:38PM

I really don't think Mormons or Christians in general "get" the Jewish persecution and diaspora. Not that I do, but I admit I don't, and that I have nothing on Jews.

Over the years I've heard Mormons liken themselves to Jews, claim sympathy and support for Jews, and claim to understand Jews.

They don't get it. At all.

And, while Mormons are what I would call fake fans of Jews anyway, they simultaneously excuse the oppression of Palestinians in, well, Palestine. There's no present day Palestine because, well, it's occupied by Israel.

(This is not meant to be a political debate about the merits of Israel vs Palestine positions, but there was a very recent Mormon Stories podcast on a Palestinian Mormon with comments on it).

Who, I think, BTW, would have very interesting comments on this event in the OP link. He travelled with apostles to Israel and talks about his work for the church in the podcast, with definite criticism of the church's attitude and actions regarding the BYU Jerusalem Center.

But back to Jews, the main point of their persecution was that it was ethnic/racial, not only religious. In the Holocaust for example, you couldn't just tell the Nazis that you don't believe in the Jewish religion. To them being Jewish was by birth, regardless of your religious attitude.

I met an atheist Jewish rabbi, which right there illustrates a huge difference between Jews and Mormons. Atheist Mormons are still in the closet or are explicitly censored by believing Mormons.

The LDS wanna-be Jew thing is pathetic. On both hands. It's an insult to Jews, but it's an insult to Palestinians too.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: November 01, 2016 11:09AM

Revelations 2:9 -

...and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 31, 2016 11:00PM

When you think what you say actually matters and will be taken verbatim as the whole truth and there is no logic or good taste/manners filter on your mouth, you get a Apisshole Holland!

RB

ps: I really fucking hope some TBM honk at cult HQ reads this....and tells the fucktard Holland.

Posted by: scaredhusband ( )
Date: November 01, 2016 11:26AM

I wonder if he mentioned that Elijah and Elias are two separate people...(according to ol' Joe) I hope the leaders laughed Jeffers out of the place.

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: November 02, 2016 01:40AM

It has been revealed to me that in an ancient language "holland" is a word meaning "idiot".

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: November 02, 2016 07:20AM

LoL Holland.
Diddums expect Jewish Elders to believe that the spirit of Elijah returning as geneology inspiration was the same as a real physical person for whom an empty seat is reserved?

Did you remind them also that both Elias and Elijah showed up as two different people? That must've sent those normally staid fellows into giggle-paralysis.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.