Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ladybug ( )
Date: December 26, 2016 09:50AM

Sounds like the church is not flourishing in the midwest.

At least one ward dissolved in Ohio.it is a ward my cousin was attending. They just reassigned them to kther wards.

In indiana, a ward also dissolved. There was lots of shuffling with boundries changes and making a branch a ward,and splitting another ward. These actions also caused stake boundry changes.Hard to deterime net loss but i would think dissolving wards is never a sign things are going well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 26, 2016 10:00AM

It looks like that antimatter unleashed at CERN is having an effect.

Posted by: Hoosier Pete ( )
Date: December 26, 2016 02:19PM

In Indy, one ward dissolved due to redistrcting and two new wards were organized as a result of said redistrcting for a net gain of one ward.

Posted by: ladybug ( )
Date: December 26, 2016 05:48PM

Was thar including the branch that became a ward?

Posted by: Hoosier Pete ( )
Date: December 27, 2016 09:17AM

As I understand it changes involved Muncie, Indy North, Indy and Indy West stakes. Noblesville Ward was put into the North stake. The Cumberland Ward was dissolved with some of their people being sent to the Beech Grove ward and others to - I think - Indy 2nd. A new ward was created on the northside called Keystone Ward. I assume it will meet at the new chapel by the new temple with the Carmel ward. Out on the west side a new Mooresville ward was created which will meet at the Plainfield chapel.

All of this redistricting has many people now having to drive much further to their new wards than it had previously been. I know some bounderies were also changed involving the south side of Indy and Shelbyville but I don't know those details.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: December 27, 2016 10:31AM

The trouble is when you get to these places far away from Mormon Central is that they have to balance the logistics of the wards. We ran into this in Alabama. It's not like they can just say "everyone North of Main street and East of Kolob road is in the 38th ward and everyone else is in the 39th ward." They have to look at where the active people live, balance the priesthood guys to have enough leadership, look at what areas are growing and which are drying up, and sometimes they have to purposely break feuding people up.

So when they split the ward, they'll hand you a map that goes here, there and everywhere with no rhyme or reason geographically. For us, they also just handed us a list of who was in each ward. It was much easier just finding your name than trying to figure out from the map where you belonged.

I think back in the 80s and into the 90s, TSCC was pretending like the members were stock value or something. Split it and both will grow and it will spur missionary work. Now they're realizing it didn't happen and they ended up with too many barely functioning wards. So now there is a big realignment effort.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: December 27, 2016 01:07PM

The more the marrier!!

Hopefully soon my "social" mormom wife will realize there isn't any "social" in mormonism to keep her there -- just a bunch of old turds.

I think my wife is hanging on till her parents pass on.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: December 30, 2016 11:29AM

Looks like the rolling stone lost it's momentum in 1970's and 80s.

Other churches are shorter and don't take up all your damn time. Show up, have someone else watch your kids for an hour, talk to some folks, listen to a sermon, feel good about your Jesus good deeds and go home.

I just stay home and enjoy my family.

I do miss a network of people that I could call to babysit the kids while I go out on a date with the spouse.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 30, 2016 07:56PM

I was really shocked that there has been a contraction of wards where I live. In my region, there are numerous military facilities that ensure a constant stream of people moving in and out. And yet there has been a contraction. Interesting!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 30, 2016 11:09PM

Sounds like what the Massachusetts legislature has to do after every census, when we lose another congresspersonman: redraw the districts, balance out the political honchos, try and make everybody happy when there is less to go around.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.